Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

Mr. Nutty posted:

I need some help improving my setup. I have two computers that play the same online game at the same time and I've been having dropped connections in Blacklight Retribution, lag spikes in Diablo 3 and an inability to connect directly to specific people in Torchlight 2.

So here is my setup. Both computers are plugged in to a E2000 (tomato) that is just a wireless bridge to another E2000 (tomato) and then in to the DSL modem a zyxel pk5000z (centurylink garbage.) Now I know that one issue I have (at least for TL2) is that both the modem and the E2000 plugged in to it are trying to handle NAT. I prefer to do all my routing on that E2000, but when I disable NAT on the modem, it kills the internet connection.

Suggestions? The only custom firmware I have used is Tomato, but if I could solve these problems with another firmware I'll try it. I can buy a modem to replace the zyxel, but I don't know of a better modem or if that will actually improve my network. Honestly the zyxel has easy to understand firmware but I am willing to believe that it doesn't actually work very well.

I had the exact same problem and I solved by removing the wireless part on my setup, ran the cables that I just took off back which solved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU