Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I have a Linksys WRT54GS2 v1 router that had needed to be reset daily after I upgraded the stock firmware. After reading this thread and the documentation on dd-wrt, I successfully flashed it with the micro version as a last-ditch effort to get rid of the daily resets.

Setting up a password-protected wireless network has not yet worked. As soon as I change the SSID to the name of my old network and set a password, both Windows 7 machines that need to connect to it give me a message to the effect of "your system is not properly configured to connect to this network". Is there another important setting that I'm missing here?

e: solved it. dd-wrt doesn't work with TKIP encryption and the default setting is to use AES/TKIP.

Social Media fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I use an Arris TM722 on the southern NH Comcast network. Very fast connection that drops maybe a few times a year. This was the modem that Comcast included and I've had no problems with it.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

If you have a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Lite, do you still need a PC to hold the control software for a UniFi AP or can the router serve that function?