Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
This is technically Small Business networking, but I can't find a better thread for this. I'm helping set up networking for a small business, we are looking at deploying a UniFi AP for WiFi. However, we need to find a good reliable wired router. Requirements are at least 4 ports, gigabit, reliable, not overly expensive (~$100). Nice to haves would be dynamic DNS support and VPN capabilities. Any suggestions?

mmm11105 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmm11105
Apr 27, 2010
Can anyone comment on the range of the UniFi Long Range Access Points.

I have a moderately sized house, with a small garage about 25m away from it. If I were to put a UniFi LR at the centre of my house (on the main floor), would the reception reach out to the Garage, or should I be looking at mounting a PicoStation outside?