Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Might as well check here before I return it, but the moca adapter kit I ordered did not seem to work.

The instructions were pretty vague, but I tried a number of setups, just could never get the coax light to turn on. I eventually called actiontec for help, and the best they could do was have me plug the 2 adapters together and get the coax light to turn on, and just said the coax cables in the walls were not setup for this.

Wall - coax - moca in, out to splitter with Comcast set and modem

I live in a recently built townhouse, and knew about PowerLine adapters, glanced at moca and got excited. Do these just flat out not work sometimes? The troubleshooting posts I've found on the Internet had multiple splitters going into the house. I tried Comcast as well, and not sure the tech knew much about moca adapters, so that was frustrating.

Link to kit I bought
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008EQ4BQG/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010

Dogen posted:

Did you use a filter on the line where the cable actually comes into your house? If the signal is trying to go into the other units that can screw it up.

Is this what I need? I haven't looked, no idea where the line would be that comes into the townhouse.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DC...v_1459522386739