Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Until recently i'd been getting a consistent Download/Upload of about 250/23-17. Recently its dropped to a high of 150/1.1. I called TMC or Spectrum and they said my modem was receiving 300/25. We tried multiple things like restarts and changing Ethernet Cables but nothing changed.

Can anybody help with this? I can't play online or stream for poo poo right now. My modem is a Motorola Arris sb6141 and the router is an TP Link Archer C7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Have you tried a new coax cable to the modem? Do you have any cable splitters at all in your house? Do you have any packetloss?

No I didn't think of the cable. I have no idea how to measure packetloss. This is the splitter i'm using.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Remove the splitter and see if it gets any better. Try a new coax cable and see if it gets any better. You can measure packetloss by opening the command line and doing a "ping 8.8.8.8 -t" (8.8.8.8 is one of Google's DNS servers and just an example, I tend to test to it) and looking for "Request Timed Out." If you see more than 1 or 2 of those in a minute or so window you have a problem. You can also use a tool like this to measure over a longer period of time - https://www.manageengine.com/free-ping-tool/download.html

Plugging just the Coax was the worst speeds i've ever seen.

Here's the ping test results.

Going to pick a new cable up right now and hope for the best. What's a good brand or store, looking at my walmart/best buy online its the usual brands I always see.

RBX fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jun 16, 2017

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My SB6141 keeps shutting down daily and I don't know if its the modem or the apartments fault. The wiring is old though i've had several people check the lines and they said it was fine. Is there any way I can test it out? I read a couple of the SBs had this problem.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It drops connection and I cant do anything until I reset it.