Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

Not quite sure if this is the correct place to ask but since it's about a router and you can't create new threads on the app...

I logged into my router/modem and when I clicked on advanced settings I was required to log in again. I thought nothing of it since I've seen other things where you have to put in your password to access certain settings like PlayStation network. My firewall log showed a Cross-site Request Forgery. After obsessively checking said logs all day I discovered that while I had to log in to the router all the time (since leaving the page apparently logs me out automatically) I hardly ever had to re-login to advanced settings and the times I did were the CSRFs. I haven't had any logging into other websites but then I haven't been doing so that much for obvious reasons. I did however, get a Google captcha after very little searching which is a bad sign.

Since I've only got the CSRFs on my tablet and not my PS3 I've hard reset my tablet and factory reset my router but am still getting them. Is there anything I can do to check if it is my router that's infected? If it helps I have a PC though it's still on windows XP so I'm weary of it being online at all.

EDIT: I know about the F Secure Router Checker but every time I've checked it in the past few days it's being updating and unusable.

Death Zebra fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

I haven't taken my PC online in well over 6 months and obviously don't want to connect it to my current combined modem/router (I still think it's compromised as I posted 2 months ago) but I have a previous modem provided by the ISP which they never took back after I moved house. Can I just switch back and forth between modems or is there going to some issues?