Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
After a few days of researching I literally started having dreams about network hardware.

I just ordered this Netgear WAX204 router since it seems more than adequate for my specific situation (100Mbps internet, townhouse, a handful of wireless devices which are both Wi-Fi 6, four wired devices) and is surprisingly cheap. On sale for $80, $65 when added to my cart on Netgear's site, and $58 after a newsletter signup coupon. At that point it became sort of an impulse purchase since it was less than half of what I expected to spend on a basic setup.

Next week I'll check in with my horror/success story.

Corin Tucker's Stalker fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
After a week with that cheap Netgear Wax204 router I mentioned earlier, I'm pretty happy. Excellent signal everywhere in the house. Absolutely no hiccups, conflicts, dropped connections, slowdowns, etc. The only quirk is that its web interface takes a few seconds to load each setting page. Doesn't bother me too much since I don't need to use it very often, but you'd think that stuff would be instant.