Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.
I read the last few pages and the OP and didn't see anything on this, but I'm sure it's been asked before so apologies:

What the gently caress do I do about the horseshit ATT fios router with no bridge mode that is required for the service? What's the optimal solution for minimum headache that will let me continue to use my Plex and Subsonic server computer wired to something with good coverage in my home?

I managed to brick an Edgerouter X somehow trying to set up the bypass outlined here , and I'm hesitant to buy another Edgerouter X and try again, but I could do this... I've never bricked a device before and I assume it's bad luck... Maybe.

What's recommended here? The ATT provided modem router combo is the BGW-210 if it matters. My house is a long-ish ranch style house and the ONT comes into the house at one end furthest from the bedrooms. Is there a brain-dead dumb mesh network solution using IP passthrough or a DMZ that will allow me to keep my server assigned to a static IP and port forward for Plex and Subsonic? Or do I need to get technical and use Ubiquiti products and do the whole modem bypass thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AriTheDog
Jul 29, 2003
Famously tasty.

withoutclass posted:

I have the BGW, I just run it in pass through mode and it works fine.

If I'm going to do this, I should just buy another Edgerouter X and perhaps another AP? Not sure what has changed with the product line in the last few years.