Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Tried looking through the thread some so forgive me if I'm repeating something recent.

I'm looking to upgrade my home network and finally get a decent router, but I would like to get a VPN set up so I can remote into home. For some reason my work blocks outbound PPTP so it's either going to be IPSec or SSL to connect back to home with. I looked and saw that DD-WRT supports OpenVPN which uses SSL but I wanted some opinions on the implementation. Has anybody used it and could comment on the stability and throughput of it on DD-WRT?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

AceSnyp3r posted:

Can you link me? Googling "Host VPN" isn't very helpful for obvious reasons.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3519315

I've been using them for a couple months and it's a pretty sweet setup.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Samurai Sanders posted:

I experimentally bought a new cheap router (a Linksys N150) to see if it had any effect on Youtube video download speeds, it did not. I guess there isn't anything else about my home network that could be causing the problem, right?

Have you tried the YouTube Center add on for Firefox or Chrome yet? You can disable DASH through it and that has been successful for some people in getting YouTube to load faster.