Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I have a wireless Xfinity router that my Google Pixel XL is having issues with. I live in a large apartment building with a lot of other wifi networks and I discovered it was on a pretty busy channel at 2.4GHZ. I tried setting my router settings to manually pick a channel and now my phone won't connect to my router at all. Android just says Authentication Problem and does not continue connecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need suggestions on adding WIFI to my desktop PC. USB 3.0, or a PCI-E card, which one would I want to get, and which brand/model? I have currently a Realtek 8812BU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC and it is no longer working, so it needs to be replaced.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SwissArmyDruid posted:

If you don't care about the chipset, the most important thing is to get an extension on the antennas, so the antennas aren't blocked by your case, and the antennas can be angled however you please.

This is something I would not have known, thank you! Are they all pretty much the same? So just go with whatever is cheapest? Any specific features I should look for? This is one area where I am totally in the dark, and want to make sure i'm getting something that is a good build quality and wont fail.