Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I just got Comcast internet, and they are leasing me a wireless gateway for now, but I don't really want to pay every month. Can someone please recommend a good wireless gateway - or a wireless router and a cable modem - for a decent price? I am really in over my head here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Porkchop Express posted:

If you want an all in one solution, the Motorola Surfboard Gateway is pretty good: http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SURF...orola+surfboard

I don't personally have it but a good friend of mine does, and he loves it.

Is there anything in a lower price range, or is that about it?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

We've been having a lot of slowdown recently and Comcast says it's because we don't have a dualband router. Can anyone recommend one? I guess I also need a modem as well, so one of those that have both would be best. I don't even have the faintest idea where to start on this one.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Ugh. Yeah it looks about the same right now, although at the moment in getting good speeds even with Wi-Fi.