Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

SamDabbers posted:

Ubiquiti wireless products are well-regarded and seem suitable for your situation. Since you already have directional antennae, I'd take a look at the Bullet M2. You can get them from Streakwave, and they're not heinously expensive.

I'll vouch for Ubiquiti as well. I helped setup a few RV/camping parks with wi-fi to cover all the sites. The ubiquiti stuff was pretty damned easy to setup, works really well and has so far gone 3 years and 3 cold-assed snowy winters without problem (minus the one unit that was on the tallest pole in the site that got hit by lightning...he didn't make it). Fantastic quality stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Heners_UK posted:

What I'm asking about I suppose is the general consensus on if you should pay more now or pay less now and possibly replace sooner than I'd like?

I went big. I figure if I was going to spend $100, I may as well drop an extra $100 and get something that's going to be great. I grabbed an RT-N66UU a while back, threw Tomato on it, and its been running like a champ. But it all comes down to your risk threshold and how much you're willing to spend.