Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I currently have a small Ubiquiti setup for my 1500sq ft house. USG, single AP Pro, Cloud Key, and a TP-Link 8 port dumb switch. Also running a Powerline AV1300(TL-WPA8630) to beef up wifi in the back of the house. I want to replace the Powerline with a regular AP. Using an injector for the single AP Pro now, but I want to move to a POE switch and get rid of the injector.
Is it worth getting a Ubiquiti managed POE switch or will an unmanaged TP Link 4-port POE switch coming off the existing 8-port be fine? The longest run will only be around 100 ft. Current plan is 150/5 but may move to 250/10 in the future. No need for anything faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Thanks. An unmanaged is about 1/4 of the price also.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I think my Unifi POE 8 port switch died this morning. Woke up to no internet. Bounced everything and finally cycled the switch.
Came back with no port lights and a rapidly blinking white light on the left side. Moved everything to a non-poe switch and regained connection, but no power to my ap's obviously.
Can anyone confirm it is RMA time?

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

astral posted:

What does your Unifi controller say?

Is 'rapidly' faster than the normal bootup flashing white?

System LED flashing white about 5 times a second. No lights/comms on any port.
I'll let it cool down and do a system reset.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Meydey posted:

System LED flashing white about 5 times a second. No lights/comms on any port.
I'll let it cool down and do a system reset.
Update: (or lack of) System reset did nothing. No change from rapid white led flashing. Unable to ssh due to no port active. Purchased June 2019 so I should be good for an rma I guess. Anyone know how long an rma would take in these end times?
I did get 1 ap back online via a random poe injector laying around going through an unmanaged switch. That only gets me about half a house of wifi but better than nothing.