Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hello Self Taught Thread. I'm teaching myself how to draw after years of telling myself I couldn't. Here's some stuff I drew in no particular order. Not bad for a total of a month and two weeks of sitting down everyday for 30 min to almost 3 hours.

I drew his gun too small so up-scaling it made it look awful.

Boss from Ghost 1.0.

A bonfire from Dark Souls 1.

A flightless pack bird from a popular series of video games.

And the Party Mix girl from a thumbnail of an electro-house mix video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW-AuPS41pM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You're lapsing into iconography.

I hope my tone isn't bad. I'm still learning a lot and by no means an expert. I'm extrapolating a lot from my own drawing and writing experience

Not at all. Ive never heard of that so Ill look it up. I can handle it, thanks for the crits. Ill post some more stuff eventually.

E: Could you elaborate on the icongraphy as Im not really sure what you mean.

Monolith. fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 20, 2016

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Makes sense. Ill grab that book as well.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I find the best way to overcome the blank canvas is to just start on something. I find once I do that then I don't stop until my lines are complete.

• Locked thread