Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
holy poo poo gregg turkington just called in to defend steely dan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Was it part of a bit with Tim Heidecker?

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Also has Tom said anything about the Mike debacle or is he just sweeping it under the rug?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dr.Radical posted:

Also has Tom said anything about the Mike debacle or is he just sweeping it under the rug?

Certainly Tom is the kinda guy to hash out all these things on the air

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Look, the day I found out Mike's bar wasn't called "Masses" but instead "Massa's" it made me feel really weird and bad

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

a dozen swans posted:

Look, the day I found out Mike's bar wasn't called "Masses" but instead "Massa's" it made me feel really weird and bad

Massa is a perfectly cromulent Italian surname.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I knew a few Italian folks with Massa as a last name back when I lived in NJ but now, as a resident of the American South, I would definitely not walk around with a Massa's Tavern t-shirt.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

Certainly Tom is the kinda guy to hash out all these things on the air

There’s “hashing out” something and then there’s just acknowledging that it happened. I’m asking about the second one.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I always thought it was short for Massimo

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

There’s “hashing out” something and then there’s just acknowledging that it happened. I’m asking about the second one.

They probably aren't 100% sure what they are going to do. Seems pretty up in the air as to whether or not he'll be back. It's all so dumb. Tom telling Mike to knock it off on the air was more than enough. Now if he comes back a small group is going to have a tantrum over it and if he doesn't almost everyone else is going to pissed.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Julie has been killing it on double threat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder whatever happened to Ted Leo. He was such a staple of the show and just disappeared like 8 years ago.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

veni veni veni posted:

I wonder whatever happened to Ted Leo. He was such a staple of the show and just disappeared like 8 years ago.

Seems like his life really changed when he and his wife had a miscarriage, he basically disappeared for a few years, I remember an interview where he opened up about it but couldn't for the life of me tell you where it was.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Berzerker posted:

Seems like his life really changed when he and his wife had a miscarriage, he basically disappeared for a few years, I remember an interview where he opened up about it but couldn't for the life of me tell you where it was.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170718180247/https://www.stereogum.com/featured/ted-leo-is-like-you/

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
At the end of the Kim Gordon interview she mentioned how the last time she was on was with Gary the Squirrel and Gene Simmons. Lol I do not remember that. Sounds like a good one

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Dr.Radical posted:

At the end of the Kim Gordon interview she mentioned how the last time she was on was with Gary the Squirrel and Gene Simmons. Lol I do not remember that. Sounds like a good one

https://twitter.com/bestshow4life/status/1333991514922479616

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dr.Radical posted:

Live show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Today on Double Threat, Tom proposes his big comeback musical for Broadway's reopening, "Broadway Stinkers," and it's the hardest I've laughed at anything in a while. Specifically Tom describing how it would begin with him slowly backing out to center stage in a beeping Rascal scooter before yelling "SHUT UP" at the audience and orchestra.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love his stream of conscious hypothetical stories. There was one while back where he rides a motorcycle out on stage or something that had me dying.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol the Toni Toni Tone` song was 100% what toilet mouth was trying to remember, even though he immediately dismissed it. I looked it up and just like whoever spotted it said, it's at the end of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zilur7z7TQ&t=267s

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
People who can't not curse for the five minutes tom gives them will never cease to confound me.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

the ecigs guy was shook when he got recognized so fast and then his call just petered out

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

inferis posted:

the ecigs guy was shook when he got recognized so fast and then his call just petered out

If that was really him, I would hope he'd have the courtesy to go, "Yeah, you got me. Congratulations."

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I don’t think it was really ecigs for legs and you guys should show some respect to one of the greats

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just listened to the rest of the episode and realized how redundant my :smug: Tony Toni Tone post was. I did not realized that it was already pointed out when I posted that lol.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i really love the idea of a tag team boxing match that's jake & logan paul vs. springsteen & trent reznor

where can i send my money for this to be real

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

drat that last Double Threat was great, I loved the guest losing it at the idea of five tech guys who all give multiple orgasms and have perfect massive dongs

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Much like Julie, I was dying to see Tom's face during that entire segment.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I once took a VO class and the teacher said many VO actors these days get their first jobs narrating audiobooks. After this episode, I'm thoroughly convinced.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Binowru posted:

I once took a VO class and the teacher said many VO actors these days get their first jobs narrating audiobooks. After this episode, I'm thoroughly convinced.

As someone who has edited audiobooks briefly I'm even more intrigued by this episode.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

The guy talking about No Holds Barred in the last ep went on for so long that I thought Tom was going to Bad Company him

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is AP mike still on the show?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I dm’d him recently to ask and he didn’t get back to me. Oh well.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

He might be involved in production but he hasn't been on air since it came back as far as I'm aware. Tom's addressed or made reference to him a few times though

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
It was fun to hear Tom talk about basketball on a call recently. It seemed like he generally shut that down when brought up as of late.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

On the last show, Tom said he was coming back.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Tom seems to be in a good mood lately. Maybe his life in LA is good? There were definitely a few moments in the last show where had Tom been in one of his darker times he would have hung up on a caller but didn’t. I laughed pretty hard when someone called him “brother man” just because you know he doesn’t like that.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Dr.Radical posted:

Tom seems to be in a good mood lately. Maybe his life in LA is good? There were definitely a few moments in the last show where had Tom been in one of his darker times he would have hung up on a caller but didn’t. I laughed pretty hard when someone called him “brother man” just because you know he doesn’t like that.

you can tell he really loves Double Threat, and he seems pretty engaged with The Best Show. He also retweets stuff from/promoting Terre T, which is interesting given the likelihood that they're separated

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Riptor posted:

He also retweets stuff from/promoting Terre T, which is interesting given the likelihood that they're separated

I’m really happy to hear that

Also double threat rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think taking a break really helped. His remote, socially distanced interview version of TBS wasn't really the TBS, and you could tell he was miserable. Seems like he came back because the time was right and he wanted to, not because he felt obligated to, due to patreon or whatever.