Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clearly not a horse
May 8, 2009

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense
It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

I'll spoil this right away, as the title suggests it anyways: This movie has a happy ending. And not just any happy ending - this movie made feeling good. This movie has the happiest loving ending ever. Movies usually gives you tears for having a stupid lovely sad ending, but this movie actually wetted my eyelids just from pure joy. This is the best feelgood film there is. It's a universal truth.

This movie is essentially about a guy, George Bailey who wants to see the world, and get out of his small town surroundings. Trite (for him) events results in him staying home to save his family business when his father dies - or else, the Scrooge character Potter would take control, and do some money grubbing wickedy whack doo-holey greed stuff which out hero George Bailey would rather not live to see. It's about George Bailey, a humble but awesome altruist in the truest small-town community sense, who by a sad coincidence gets into trouble.
At the end of his rope, a guardian angel or something, Clarence, is sent to him to show him how the world would be without him.

The acting is all there, James Stewart is incredibly awesome as George Bailey. He does the happy and sad parts perfectly, but hey, it's James Stewart! Continuing with Donna Reed, which looks like Ingrid Bergman, and that's not really a bad thing at all. The rest of the cast is just splendid too. Maybe I am being a bit biased from having seen the film 30 minutes ago, but it should be an expression of the rock hard 5 this movie gets from me.

An amazing emotional experience, ending in the feeling of having won the lottery or being on the starship Enterprise. It's fun as hell, dramatic, romantic and just plain awesome. Also, it has not aged a day.

5/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU