Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Mikey Purp posted:

I have an unhealthy mental attachment to my BCS Rare so I don't think I'm willing to part with a bottle yet, even for a major addition to my Darkness vertical. If there's anything else you may want I'd be happy to work it out though.

Also, I would love to get my hands on some more Terroir if there's anything on my list or in my area that you'd like to trade for.

You want to chat on my trading list or on AIM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

OK, so I finally busted open my Alaskan Baltic Porter from 2009. It was pretty drat awesome, and I want some more. Anyone have any?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Crosspost from the beer thread.

quote:

This belongs in the trading thread as much as it belongs here but I have to send out a big shoutout to Jack Skeleton for hooking me up with as a Black Tuesday mule.

He went above and beyond typical generosity by offering up mule services for 3 bottles, picking me up an Oude Tart while he was there, packing and shipping it off without any agreed compensation of any kind ahead of time (not for lack of trying on my part though, I guess he's just busy). Big props to him and anyone who is interested in trading with him shouldn't hesitate to do so.

One of these days he'll get around to looking at my trading list and we can agree on what I owe him in return

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

rage-saq posted:

goon beer trade love

i've now completed a trade back and forth with one goon and in the middle of trades with two others. do we want to add a list of active/verified "good traders" to the OP, or are we familiar enough to assume that everyone who's been around for a minute isn't gonna dick anyone over?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

funkybottoms posted:

i've now completed a trade back and forth with one goon and in the middle of trades with two others. do we want to add a list of active/verified "good traders" to the OP, or are we familiar enough to assume that everyone who's been around for a minute isn't gonna dick anyone over?

I don't know that its necessary but I think its a good idea. What does everyone else think?

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Also we could just use Ratebeers built in trading system instead of reinventing the wheel. If you have an RB account someone can register a positive trade with you. That way if anyone wants to trade on RB this counts towards their trading cred.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

That sounds like a really good idea, especially since we don't really know how long trading will last on SA. Might as well just give people feedback on ratebeer since it's more reputable.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
So I would be up for a bit of trading. For my history before, I have successfully traded with two goons: what is this and Vertigo. I've also met and hopefully proved myself to be a normal human being with goons like boredbythis and Shaneb.

My cellar is here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvnJDGMY-bRpdDZqeXhnT1h1V3NYZXpUdFF1Z1g0Ymc

I also have easy access to Half Acre, Goose Island Specialties, Bell's, Founders, 3 Floyds, etc. in Chicago. http://www.binnys.com/beer/search is a decent place to research what we get here.

I would be looking primarily for beers from other places; there are very few "whales" I care about.

I'd love to try Russian River, Alesmith, Deschutes, Portsmouth, Alaskan; stuff I can't get in Chicago.

P.S. I won't be getting any 3 Floyds 15 anniversary like I said earlier in the beer thread; I can't justify the cost of the beer / effort to get out there.

Paul Proteus fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 9, 2011

BoredByThis
Jul 13, 2001

Watch out! I'll attract you too!
Are your tickets up for grabs? I didn't get FoBAB tickets and could use something to go to?

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

BoredByThis posted:

Are your tickets up for grabs? I didn't get FoBAB tickets and could use something to go to?

I already sold my tickets to a coworker. Sorry.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
What are some good beer apps?

I use untappd, which is useful for remembering stuff I've tried, and searching the pub for nearby results can turn up some interesting stuff on tap that other people are having.

I've tried BeerCloud, but it doesn't seem that there's much coverage of my area in it.

I've also tried Findmytap, which seems like a solid concept, but runs really slow and also has a pretty limited coverage in my area right now.

Are there any really good apps out there for finding beers nearby that you guys use? I'm more interested in finding out what's on tap (without having to go through and check bar websites one by one) then bottles at stores, but either would be kind of cool.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Retemnav posted:

What are some good beer apps?

I use untappd, which is useful for remembering stuff I've tried, and searching the pub for nearby results can turn up some interesting stuff on tap that other people are having.

I've tried BeerCloud, but it doesn't seem that there's much coverage of my area in it.

I've also tried Findmytap, which seems like a solid concept, but runs really slow and also has a pretty limited coverage in my area right now.

Are there any really good apps out there for finding beers nearby that you guys use? I'm more interested in finding out what's on tap (without having to go through and check bar websites one by one) then bottles at stores, but either would be kind of cool.

Brewski Me has a terrible name but is pretty good. Basically a more robust untappd, and is actually an app, too. The UI can be a bit meh, but I think it's solid overall.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Maybe not what you are asking for, but Pintley is cool and has a free app for iPhone and Android. Their gimmick is kind of "beer Pandora" where you tell it what you like and it recommends new beers you haven't tried. It has other features like tasting notes but that's the core of the product.

Retemnav
Mar 20, 2007
Then I'd certainly be a damned fool to feel any other way, wouldn't I?
Totally did not mean to post this in the exchange thread, but thanks for the replies!

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I'm looking to get the hook up on some Lost Abbey beers. I've gotten my hands on a bottle of the Red Barn Ale but I'd love to get the chance to get two Red Poppys and any of the following:

Cable Car
Carnevale
Cuvee De Tomme
Duck Duck Gooze
Framboise de Amorosa

I have access to anything in Michigan, Dark Horse, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes Brewery, Hoppin' Frog, Shorts, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. PM me if you'd like to set up a trade.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
I have sad news for you on Lost Abbey.

1: Cable Car isn't sold on shelves, its produced for Toronado and a lot of it goes to them, and if you know somebody that knows somebody you can sometimes be able to buy it at the brewery. I had one in my hands when I was in the SD Toronado but they don't do "to go" sales so I had to give it back :(
This one is nearly possible to get.

2: Carnevale is a spring or fall seasonal, I forget. You can probably find it somewhere.

3: Cuvee de Tomme is kind of their "Anniversary Beer" along with 10 Commandments. Not much of it is made and not much of it goes on shelves outside the brewery. Possible to get but not easy.

4: Duck Duck Gooze is released once every 3 years and sells out instantly. People give their left nut for it, will be very hard to go.

5: Framboise de Amorosa has been made twice and both of them are very small batches and the first one was a Sinners Club beer and the second one was brewery-only sales IIRC. Possibly to get but not easy.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

bananasinpajamas posted:

Brewski Me has a terrible name but is pretty good. Basically a more robust untappd, and is actually an app, too. The UI can be a bit meh, but I think it's solid overall.

For the record, untappd is now actually an app rather than a browser-based thing - they put out a big update a month or so back that massively improved everything ever.

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
Haha, speak of Cable Car, here's how the 2011 release is going down.

http://beernews.org/2011/11/the-lost-abbey-cable-car-kriek-2011-to-be-released-this-weekend/

No carry out anywhere.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Podima posted:

For the record, untappd is now actually an app rather than a browser-based thing - they put out a big update a month or so back that massively improved everything ever.

I actually really disagree with this. Mobile web sites that look like apps are way better in nearly every way. Updates are on the server rather than client side, for one. And the Untappd app is basically the same drat HTML poo poo app-ized.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Corbet posted:

Cable Car
Carnevale
Cuvee De Tomme
Duck Duck Gooze
Framboise de Amorosa

hehehehehehe

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

rage-saq posted:

I have sad news for you on Lost Abbey.

1: Cable Car isn't sold on shelves, its produced for Toronado and a lot of it goes to them, and if you know somebody that knows somebody you can sometimes be able to buy it at the brewery. I had one in my hands when I was in the SD Toronado but they don't do "to go" sales so I had to give it back :(
This one is nearly possible to get.

2: Carnevale is a spring or fall seasonal, I forget. You can probably find it somewhere.

3: Cuvee de Tomme is kind of their "Anniversary Beer" along with 10 Commandments. Not much of it is made and not much of it goes on shelves outside the brewery. Possible to get but not easy.

4: Duck Duck Gooze is released once every 3 years and sells out instantly. People give their left nut for it, will be very hard to go.

5: Framboise de Amorosa has been made twice and both of them are very small batches and the first one was a Sinners Club beer and the second one was brewery-only sales IIRC. Possibly to get but not easy.

So basically I shouldn't even try and get Lost Abbey beers because they're ridiculously hard to get. drat it.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Corbet posted:

So basically I shouldn't even try and get Lost Abbey beers because they're ridiculously hard to get. drat it.

No, you shouldn't get them because their owner is an rear end in a top hat and they are overpriced.

That said, you picked 4 of some of their rarest beers. Many of the normal offerings are readily available. We get lots of their beers in Chicago (all the year rounds, seasonals, and Angel's Share).

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Corbet posted:

I would be more worried about them either exploding or being completely flat. :v:

I was going to offer to go down for Cable Car (been meaning to do an Alpine/Stone/Pizza Port trip), but no carry out? Jesus Christ, Fuckin' Tomme.

I may have a Red Poppy from earlier this year in the cellar. I know I've seen Carnevale on the shelf somewhere, just trying to remember which Bevmo it was. Either way I need to send another package for the Acer and other BT, so I'll hit you up with the readily avaliable Lost Abbey stuff around here

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Jack Skeleton posted:

I would be more worried about them either exploding or being completely flat. :v:

I was going to offer to go down for Cable Car (been meaning to do an Alpine/Stone/Pizza Port trip), but no carry out? Jesus Christ, Fuckin' Tomme.

I may have a Red Poppy from earlier this year in the cellar. I know I've seen Carnevale on the shelf somewhere, just trying to remember which Bevmo it was. Either way I need to send another package for the Acer and other BT, so I'll hit you up with the readily avaliable Lost Abbey stuff around here

Sounds good. I already know I'm going to need to send you another package in the coming weeks. Most Michigan breweries don't come in bombers so I have to send a ton of 22 ounce bottles to match 4$4. Once you've had a chance to drink some I've sent in my first package, I'll send another with beers from breweries that stood out.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 11, 2011

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Corbet posted:

Sounds good. I already know I'm going to need to send you another package in the coming weeks. Most Michigan breweries don't come in bombers so I have to send a ton of 22 ounce bottles to match 4$4. Once you've had a chance to drink some I've sent in my first package, I'll send another with beers from breweries that stood out.

Do you get Smuttynose/Portsmouth out there? Where's your cellar list?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ShaneB posted:

I actually really disagree with this. Mobile web sites that look like apps are way better in nearly every way. Updates are on the server rather than client side, for one. And the Untappd app is basically the same drat HTML poo poo app-ized.

I found the app release of Untappd to work a hell of a lot better than the 'mobile web site' version (didn't actually open a page in Safari, which was weird) in terms of smoothness and functionality. But hey, to each their own - I don't want to derail this thread too much. :)

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Podima posted:

I found the app release of Untappd to work a hell of a lot better than the 'mobile web site' version (didn't actually open a page in Safari, which was weird) in terms of smoothness and functionality. But hey, to each their own - I don't want to derail this thread too much. :)

The web version of untappd tends to hang on my phone when I try to add a location. In the app, it never does that - it just fails to find my correct location most of the time. Progress, I guess :woof:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Anyone going to 3F XV tomorrow? I'm down for trading in person, or sharing some rare poo poo together.

My cellar: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvddGwZrY1J1dGtyV3c3QUZkblo4LWE1MTZpVmE5V2c

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

ShaneB posted:

Anyone going to 3F XV tomorrow? I'm down for trading in person, or sharing some rare poo poo together.

My cellar: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvddGwZrY1J1dGtyV3c3QUZkblo4LWE1MTZpVmE5V2c

I'd be down with meeting up with you and sharing some beer man. Here is my cellar list.

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

Since everyones doing it, here's my (Not nearly as impressive) list:

http://www.editgrid.com/user/cerealkillerkp/Beers

I have a planned trade with Zam soon, but thought everyone could benefit from taking a look at what I've got.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
Is anyone interested in beers from Ontario? There's a bunch of decent stuff up here, but we don't tend to get the exposure of the US craft guys.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
would like to get my hands on some Boulevard Saison Brett and Imperial Stout (and maybe a few other midwest beers that don't make it to VA). i went ahead and made a google spreadsheet, which is here- those are all the seasonal or non-native things i'm sitting on, but obviously have access to many other breweries (Ommegang, Allagash, and Terrapin, to name a few not in my cellar).

edit - did this for my own benefit, not just trades, hence a few "no"s. a few of those might be negotiable under the right circumstances.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
I just got a bomber of Firestone Walker Double Jack I could trade. Good beer, but I've had it before and would really like a taste of my old Great Divide favorites. Old Ruffian, Belgian Yeti, or Regular Yeti in particular.

Also have access to a bunch of NE stuff like Allagash, Southern Tier, Peak, Wolaver's, and locals like Sebago, Gritty's, Maine Beer Co, Moat Mt.

Any takers?

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

CalvinDooglas posted:

I just got a bomber of Firestone Walker Double Jack I could trade. Good beer, but I've had it before and would really like a taste of my old Great Divide favorites. Old Ruffian, Belgian Yeti, or Regular Yeti in particular.

Also have access to a bunch of NE stuff like Allagash, Southern Tier, Peak, Wolaver's, and locals like Sebago, Gritty's, Maine Beer Co, Moat Mt.

Any takers?

Can you get anything from Great Lakes?

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Doesn't look like it. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

CalvinDooglas posted:

Any takers?

I know for sure I can get Allagash and Southern Tier. Allagash is so loving good.

Corbet posted:

I'm looking to get the hook up on some Lost Abbey beers. I've gotten my hands on a bottle of the Red Barn Ale but I'd love to get the chance to get two Red Poppys and any of the following:

Cable Car
Carnevale
Cuvee De Tomme
Duck Duck Gooze
Framboise de Amorosa

I have access to anything in Michigan, Dark Horse, Bells, Founders, Great Lakes Brewery, Hoppin' Frog, Shorts, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting. PM me if you'd like to set up a trade.

I can get Carnevale and 10 Commandments if you wanted that.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

escape artist posted:

Can you get anything from Great Lakes?

I have access to Great Lakes. Where are you located and what do you have access to? Cigar City, by chance?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

ISO:
Stone Vertical epics, all years.

Access to breweries throughout the Wilamette Valley and Oregon Coast, would be willing to do alot of driving and collecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...

Paladine_PSoT posted:

ISO:
Stone Vertical epics, all years.

Access to breweries throughout the Wilamette Valley and Oregon Coast, would be willing to do alot of driving and collecting.

I've got 7-11 that I would consider trading. What kind of interesting brews do you have access to? I'd be interested in Russian River.

• Locked thread