Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Watch For Fleeing Immigrants
I'm willing to trade what I can get in Maine for Bell's, Founder's, Oskar Blues, Great Divide, and other CO or CA breweries. I DO get Stone out here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

I just got a bomber of Firestone Walker Double Jack I could trade. Good beer, but I've had it before and would really like a taste of my old Great Divide favorites. Old Ruffian, Belgian Yeti, or Regular Yeti in particular.

Also have access to a bunch of NE stuff like Allagash, Southern Tier, Peak, Wolaver's, and locals like Sebago, Gritty's, Maine Beer Co, Moat Mt.

Any takers?

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Doesn't look like it. I haven't seen any yet, but I'll keep my eyes open.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Since I can't get too many "rare" beers, is anyone interested in setting up a "local" beer trade?

There are bunch of small breweries in New England with very limited distribution, and I'd be up for a trade with other regions' local beer.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Alright, I guess the local trade isn't gonna happen...

Anyway, here's my Barleywine/DIPA Season ISO list:

Old Ruffian
Hopslam
Behemoth
Maharaja

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

Lunch IPA was great. I'll send that out. Victory, Ommegang, Southern Tier...

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

SUPER HASSLER posted:

No wait let's do it!

ha, I'm up to trade for growlers and such, if the mountain locals don't bottle. I know there are some decent brewpubs in Dillon/Frisco/Breck.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

I just thought to look for something like the special inserts that came in my old Beer of the Month club boxes, and I found this: http://www.clarkbrewing.com/Clark_Brewing_Innovations/Home/Home.html

The things the boxes I used to get would brace the bottom and top of the bottle, like an egg carton does. This looks even better. And the design is so simple I can make something similar for free myself.

SUPER HASSLER - if you want to trade, send me an email at cdgraves at g mail. I'm gonna wait til I get another paycheck or so, but some Great Divide would be awesome.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, those inserts don't look so great to me- they could collapse really easily if enough weight was put on the box; kicking poo poo down the stairs just proves that they don't move much within the box. also, no loving way i'm gonna trust a "packaging expert" who doesn't use a tape gun.

Boxes can be pretty resilient. The thickness of the outer box will make the biggest difference as to "crush weight". The egg carton type things won't protect against weight at all, since they effectively make the beer bottles the vertical support.

Also, I think DHL ships alcohol. The BotM came DHL, I remember.

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

those look way better. The inserts I saw before were just braces at the top and bottom, leaving the beer bottles to bear the weight vertically if the box ended up on the bottom of a pallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CalvinDooglas
Dec 5, 2002

I'm good to trade a couple bottles at a time.

I'd love to get a HopSlam and something by 3 Floyds, as well as CO/CA beers.

• Locked thread