Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
ISO: Pannepot Grand Reserva, Left Hand Smokejumper, and any smoked beers not on the list below

Beer List: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhmBCpKR1ufdC1FdnZsWmxiWWp1bGdqNWhrVkhWTXc

Also, I can get Jester King, Southern Star, and other Texas beers pretty easily.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 22, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Corbet, I'd be interested in the barrel aged boris. I posted my inventory earlier, or we could do something local to my area for trade. PM or email, my username at gmail.com

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Kudosx posted:

I just started to get into microbrews... and I really really want to try one of the Pliny's, but none are available anywhere close to OH.

I'm going to do my best to start saving up some of the nice seasonals from around here in hopes of being able to trade for them one day. I live in Akron, OH... about to go up to Hoppin Frog to see if they have any Barrel Aged BORIS Royale lying around when I'm free this week...

I have a bottle of pliny that I'll trade you. I'll want to send it this week, though.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Zam posted:

If anyone has interest in The Bruery Smoking Wood or Trois Poules Francais please let me know. Can add other beers as well to make it a larger trade.

FT: Smoking Wood and/or Trois Poules Francais

Definitely interested in Smoking Wood. Here is my inventory: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhmBCpKR1ufdC1FdnZsWmxiWWp1bGdqNWhrVkhWTXc

I can also get any of the Texas beers. Jester King and Southern Star are doing some really cool things.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Studebaker Hawk posted:

Do you still have this? I am looking to get my hands on some New Glarus stuff.

ISO:
Cigar City
New Glarus
3Font
Cantillion
3Flyods
Half Acre
Tired Hands
Hill Farmstead
Jester King
Older Firestone Walker stuff

FT:
Anything available in the Pacific NW (Bruery, Stone, Deschutes, Hair of the Dog, Boulevard, Epic, Lost Abbey, Alesmith, etc).

My cellar isn't that impressive, nor does it have any doubles to spare so I would have to purchase whatever I am sending.

I'm in Texas and can get all things jester king. Well, when they're released that is. Is there anything in particular you are after?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Studebaker Hawk posted:

I'd be interested in
Atrial Rubicite
Black/Funk Metal
Uber or Wunderkind
Rye IPA

Anything from PacNW that you are interested in?

Rubicite isn't available yet, I have original black metal, Uber and wunder, maybe some funk left. Farmhouse black metal is easy to get.

I love speedway stout and always interested in pliny. Aside from that, I dunno. I get a lot of things from that part of the country.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

How do y'all go about determining fair value for trades? Someone offered me Hardywood gingerbread stout, bourbon gingerbread stout, and a can of heady topper for one of my jester king atrial rubicite's, which sounds decent to me, but an acquaintance at the bar told me to hold out for more. Any advice on how to determine appropriate trade value?

Also, I have a bottle of atrial rubicite I'm willing to trade (outside of the one mentioned above), if anyone is particularly interested.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it. I think I got caught up in the "I want to win" mindset rather than my usual "I want to try new beer" attitude.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

FT: Prairie Bomb, Prairie Coffee Noir, Prairie Vanilla Noir, JK Atrial

ISO: King Henry, Pirate Bomb, BCBS Rare, Struisse Pannepot Grand Reserva, BA Stouts, things that sound awesome that I haven't had, smoky beers I haven't had.

I honestly don't mean to imply that I'll only take those listed beers. I just don't want to be the guy that says, "I have x, make offers." In truth, I've only tried one of the ISO beers I listed, and just want to try new things.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 8, 2014

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Just picked up Montmorency vs Balaton, and Cerveza De Tempranillo from Jester King. I'm really just looking for delicious stuff I haven't had. I favor stouts, typically, and smoky beers. Crazy weird flavors and the like. For some specifics of things I have liked in the past, Bourbon Barrel Vanilla Dark Lord, hunahpu, Black Tuesday and variants, and Goose Island Night Stalker.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

I have two bottles of the Prairie/Evil Twin collab, Bible Belt, for trade, if anyone is interested. I'm mostly about trying stuff I haven't had, but I tend to favor smoky beers and barrel aged stouts.

I'll earnestly attempt to work a deal with anyone, first come, first served. It seems the only fair way, considering I'm not asking for anything in particular.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Vertigo posted:

Has anyone on here successfully done a Bruery Reserve Society proxy membership?

I'm a reserve society member, and I live in Texas. My cousin lives close to the Bruery, though, so I just have stuff shipped to him. Then I email him a FedEx label, and he drops it off at the local FedEx. Easy and awesome.

He also is willing to beer mule the eclipse releases, so I spent $200 today for futures. I'll have to pay the remaining half when that stuff ships, so thank goodness for oil and gas!

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Podima posted:

This is on behalf of a trusted friend of mine - I will absolutely toxx/vouch for him as needed.

FT: Fresh Heady Topper (canned this week) - up to 16 4 cans available!
ISO: Stuff that's not available in the NJ/PA area, including 3 Floyds, Cigar City bottles, etc. Sours, imperial stouts, and barleywines preferred. (He's very open to offers, mostly wants to use this as a chance to try some new stuff that he can't get his hands on out here.)

I'd love to try heady! I can get almost everything in Texas, if there's anything in particular he's after. I have a ton of great stouts on hand, but I can get the non brewery only jester king stuff easily enough.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

HatfulOfHollow posted:

ISO http://jesterkingbrewery.com/introducing-jester-king-colour-five

I will make it rain Tired Hands on you if you can help me out.

I'll see what I can do.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

ISO: GI Vanilla Rye
FT: Gray Monday

I hope this is enough to get it done. I really want to try the vanilla.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/is-member-stogies-passing-off-rewaxed-kbbs-bottles.249912/

Looks like the rewaxed bottle scandal isn't yet over.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

I've been enough to get to the last few Jester King releases, so if anyone is after BdBdB, World's Worst Twin, or Natural Union, let me know. I just like trying beer I haven't had before.

E: I'm saying this so people don't have to trade with that Tucker idiot, not trying to establish an auction or whatever for beer.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Retemnav posted:

Sent you a PM...

Several people got to me before you did, and since I don't want to start an auction, I'm dealing with everyone in the order that they got to me. Sorry about that.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

air- posted:

Anyone in Houston got Bishop's Barrel 8 bottles to spare? Let me know what you'd want from Dallas... can bring Raspberry Temptress or growlers from my locals.

How many are you looking for? Need any other bishops barrels?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

air- posted:

Two would be ideal! Just 8 is all thanks.

I can spare two. I'm interested in raspberry temptress.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Vertigo posted:

ISO : Darkness ... And apple brandy Noir ...

I have apple brandy noir. How much are you after, and what are you offering?

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

ISO: BA Sump
FT: Jester King Sherry Barrel Atrial

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

You'd think so, but I can't get any bites on it. I enjoyed Sump, and want to try the barrel aged version. I'm not the sort that tries to maximize trade value of stuff, other than just going after things that I want. If anyone has BA Sump, let me know; I'd love to try it.

I'm also after Sunday Brunch, by Kane. I'll offer JK Fen Tao for it.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Anyone happen to have a BA Sump for trade? I have 2015 BCBS Rare, anything that's come out in Houston distro for the last seven years or so, and a good assortment of brewery only fruited sours readily available. I'm willing to discuss ratios, and specifics, but I don't really even know what to specifically offer. BA Sump is a beer I've just always wanted to try, and I've had bad luck in finding it for trade.

Is it odd that I hate coffee, but love coffee beers?

I'll agree with what others have said. The goon traders are great, fair, and generous, in my experience. I was never wildly active in beer trading, but I had to take an extended break due to a brain injury, then unemployment, but I still see the same people posting here as I did before.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 21, 2016

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

FT: My Local Shelf Beers
ISO: Your Local Shelf Beers

I'll fill a 12 count Styrofoam shipper with the good stuff local breweries are doing that doesn't get distributed very far, And you send it back filled with stuff from your local breweries.

I'm in Houston, Tx. Anyone interested?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Munkaboo posted:

I got 8 cans of The Veil's Lord Lord Shredder Shredder, anyone want any?

What are you looking for in exchange?

• Locked thread