Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
So my ten year old Labtec subwoofer died on my old PC speaker setup ($40 lasted me a decade of cranked music and some rough moves). Grabbed one of those 20watt Lepai amps, and the two Dayton speakers linked earlier in the thread.

Sounds great! Nice and loud, clear. Using the MP3 input on the amp, since I don't have the RCA input hardware lying around. For some reason, if I turn the amp volume up past around 1/4 to 1/3, the power cuts out. Is this a failure in the amp? I should mention it's really loving loud when I'm sitting at my desk, but maybe I want to hear it on the complete opposite end of my house with my dryer running. Am I not going to be able to turn it up past 1/3?

I should mention my PCs volume is dimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Flipperwaldt posted:

It's working as intended, protecting you against damaging either amp or speakers. Edit: Let's say, that's what I assume. Another source says it might be the power brick crapping out.

I was mostly curious about this:
I don't know what that means. Googled, but couldn't find a definition that made sense.

Turned up to 10, or all the way up

Edit: @ 20 bucks, I'll just order another and see if it's a defect. If it is, return it. If not, rig an audio system up in my kitchen.

Revvik fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 25, 2013