Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
So, I've bought some Swans M200MKIII (20% off :woop:) for my PC, but I currently just have the on board sound of my Asus MB which I think doesn't have RCA-outputs. I have a set of Logitech Z906 which has RCA on the subwoofer, but I'm unsure if I want them connected to a sub at all or if it will negatively affect the sound (it would also mean two drat volume knobs). Should I get an internal/external soundcard or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

powderific posted:

You can just get an RCA to mini jack adapter. If the onboard output winds up being really noisy you could look at something else, but it's probably fine.

That sub is probably not a great match for your swans. I'd leave it off or get a regular home stereo sub if you need more thump. That said, since you already have it, you could just grab a second adapter and hook it up to your sound cards subwoofer output (I think most sound cards Will have one). Match the levels with the volume knobs and then just adjust everything with the windows software volume.

I actually think they come with an RCA to mini jack cable, so I'll start with that. Thanks!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Does anyone have some good recommendations for a way to hook up my PC, PS4 and vinyl player to the same set of analog speakers?
I'm thinking maybe a small reciever of some kind, something mid-high end, but I really don't know the first thing about that kind of stuff.

Any help would be appreciated :)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Are the speakers self-powered or just a pair of bog-standard audio speakers?

They're self-powered, unless I'm an idiot who can't read

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Cool, thanks!