Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peskyplumber
Dec 14, 2011

ShamrockShake posted:

I dont own them, but I've spent the last hour reading up on them in advance of buying the set. What I've found is an awful lot of complaints about build quality. I'd imagine Klipsch has farmed out the partial manufactuer or assembly to a 3rd party and they are cutting every corner possible. When I see ebay repair services for very specific issues with the Promedia 2.1's, such as this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/REPAIR-ONLY-...=item19cb14b66f

I usually presume that to be the kiss of death for a product, like a dell inspiron laptop whose power connector breaks off inside the laptop, every time. So my non-owner very inexpert opinion is that your control pod is in the early stages of breaking, but there is hope for you when it breaks all the way. I'm sorrry to tell you this, I was really hoping to buy these, my current PC speakers are a $10 pair of absolute poo poo Altec Lansing VS-2120's so I have nothing to gloat about.

I've been looking for some new speakers too, and this thread has been pretty helpful, but the talk about problems with popular speakers is kinda steering me away from getting anything $100 and up. Hopefully these kind of things are just flukes but I'm thinking it might be better to go with cheaper speakers if these issues are so abundant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU