Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

Laserface posted:

I am considering upgrading my Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 GMX setup to some of the Audioengines, probably the A5+. I have a mid 2011 iMac and I am wondering if I should bother getting the 24-bit DAC as well?

Alternatively I was going to just upgrade the 2 satellites with P4s and keep the sub, but the 5+ are appealing as I can probably get away without the sub these days (or even just run a wire to my HT sub)

I have the A5s and prefer it with the D1 DAC. I've noticed that sound output from my rMPB or iMac can be a little noisy, which is fixed with the DAC. Also, it acts as my headphone amp as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

kri kri posted:

I'm looking for a device that would allow my to easily switch between speakers and headphones on my desktop. I'm debating getting some m-audio m40s to pair my headphones.

I have an Audioengine D1 DAC that acts as a headphone amp too. When you plug in headphones, it automatically disables output to the speakers.