Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

CIGNX posted:

Anyone use amps and home theater speakers for their computer setup? I just got a $20 Lepai amp hooked up to some leftover speakers and it is astonishing how good this ghetto setup sounds (especially compared to my A2s). I'm curious if there are really good amps and speakers combos for computer use, in particular smaller amps and speakers.

About a year ago I replaced my Onkyo TX-8211 with a Topping TP20 Mk2, which uses the same amp chip as that Lepai. I've got it hooked up to the same pair of Athena AS-B1's that were hooked up to the Onkyo, and I've been really happy with it. Those speakers are 8-ohm, so I'm really getting more like 12.5WPC, but that's plenty for sitting in front of the computer listening to music or playing games or whatever. I typically keep the volume knob around 1/4-1/3 of max for normal listening; if I really want to crank up the tunes or I'm using it as background music while cooking or doing dishes or whatever halfway up is plenty in my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU