Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steckles
Jan 14, 2006

I need to throw another recommendation for the audioengine A2s out there. They're not just good for computer use either. My fiancé and I were looking for a small pair of powered speakers to put in the kitchen so we could listen to music while cooking or during parties.

We looked at a few different options, but the A2s were definitely the best bang for the buck. I was quite surprised at how well they fill a smallish room and how much bass they could put out. Less than a dedicated sub of course, but far more than no bass, which is what I was expecting from those tiny little cones.

The only down side is the lack of any mounting hardware. I had to get some brackets custom made for them but even including that cost, I still feel that the A2s were the best value for the money. The dual inputs are nice too, with the RCA and quarter inch jack means we can either pipe music from the main system in the living room or use an ipod. There's no selector switch on the speakers, but as long as we're only using one or the other, it's not a problem.

Here's a pic:

steckles fucked around with this message at 01:09 on May 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU