Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MMD3 posted:

hmmm, come to think of it I probably don't want monitors because monitors would have a flat response. for games and video watching I'd want something with a little more bass emphasis. maybe I should just stick to PC speakers for now.

I have the AV40's with a Polk 10" powered sub I got from Newegg for 80 bucks. Between the monitors and sub there's a lot of adjustability to get it the way you want, but keep in mind you would also need a DAC if you don't have one already. So all in all you'd be looking at about 300 total with a DAC. Totally worth it though, my setup blows away any made for computer 2.1 systems I've heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

No. Just get a DAC and some powered monitors/speakers.