Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

:zombie:hiiitsss:zombie:
This is a thread to laugh at ourselves for the internet personas people take on for on reason or another when someone posts what is perceived as an inflammatory topic.

Backyard Blacksmith says: I'm going to be looking for reasons to give people probations in that thread, rather than looking for reasons not to, as I do normally.

DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY SERIOUS DEBATE IN THIS THREAD. IT IS SPECIFICALLY HERE TO MAKE FUN OF THE ATTEMPTS AT SERIOUS DEBATE THAT OCCUR IN THREADS ABOUT FUNNY PICTURES WITH TEXT ON THEM OR CUTE KITTENS.

You can and should say all the ridiculous things, and broad, overarching, and completely untrue statements that people do when these keyword subjects come up.

With all that said, Anime is made solely for Japanese children and anyone else who watches it is a pedophile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

A plane on a treadmill couldn't take off.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Strawberry Tofu posted:

(class) is overpowered/underpowered

My favorite of all is the paladin debate though.

Haha scrub, you gem and reforge everything wrong.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Any white male who has dated heard of an Asian female has a dangerous and unhealthy conqueror complex, and can't see how sick he really is. I just want them to get help; it's not their fault, as they are products of their societies, poor souls.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Let's talk about Michael Vick

He's letting dogs fulfill their destinies of being fighters, as they are in nature. It's a good thing, like when pet owners let their dogs have sex and have puppies so the dogs can have that experience and feel that fulfillment before getting fixed. It's smart of them to fix them after though, because one litter of new puppies is enough for each pair of dogs, like Bob Barker says.

In closing, Michael Vick is a class act.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Button the correct amount of buttons on your suit jacket or else you will look like a loving disgusting pig and everyone with any sense of taste will want to murder you.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

This thread's starting to get creepy. Mods?

Heh, yeah, nice knowing some of you guys. Hope you enjoy your probations :byewhore:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Miatas are pretty cool. Yeah, for my little gay sister!

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Me and my friends went and bought funny glasses this weekend. They are seriously so funny in this picture. Jesse (the guy in black) always makes that face. So random, right!?

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Amorphous Blob posted:

I didn't feel like reading all 14 pages of this thread so can someone fill me in????

Seriously?! gently caress dude, ok, so even a retard can understand: DUH!

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Okay, this thread has just become 'make bad posts' and we already have fyad for that.

I love the meta ones like this. I'm like dude, really? Oh, ohhh!!

I can't believe I just realized today, after 29 years on this planet, that a woman can never be as smart as a man because their heads are smaller, meaning that their brains are smaller. :doh:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

NGL posted:

Posts like this make me wish SA had a "like" button. Because Something Awful should be more like Facebook.

Lol, qft

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Chamale posted:

I don't get it at all. Someone explain it please? I didn't even see this image in the creepy images thread.

The joke is that there is nothing wrong or weird with how she looks, but this type of post would be typical of some goon who got rejected by her. "Look at this vapid oval office, amirite fellow goonsires?!"

Anyhoo, I was rereading Dan Brown's excellent Da Vinci Code . . .

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Hogo Fogo posted:

If a baby is born with any defect, Downs or whatever, the parents should have the right to have it euthanized.

If the parents had a retard baby, they should be euthanized too, for the better of the overall human gene pool.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

el oso posted:

Do? It doesn't DO anything...that's the beauty of it!

Haha, internet high five. Sup fellow bttf enthusiast.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I cream my panties every time I so much as think of David Bowie.

I saw a David Bowie video for the first time this week. All I could think was that he is too obviously ripping off Marilyn Manson's look. Either get some originality, or make you plagiarism less obvious, jeeze.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Stan Baniszewski posted:

The Beatles weren't all that great. They are almost as overrated as Radiohead.

The Beatles were a cheap imitation of the Monkeys.

^^ Just came up with that sweet joke on my own, u jelly? :smug:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Hey, just got this account. These forums are p cool. You guys seem kinda mean and crazy, but it's funny too.

Anyhoo, I just saw this on the series of tubes, and thought you'd get a kick out of it:

What the heck, right?! Haha, that cat really looks like it could say that. Is there any more stuff like that around? I love it. Go go goon detectives, and find me some more of these funny cat/word pictures, tia.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Pyrotoad posted:

I put beans in my chilli.

Then it's not really chili. Real chili needs spaghetti.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

The fact that we tolerate religion, spirituality, and all forms of magical thinking and irrational beliefs.

They simply cause too much damage to be ignored, and I think future generations are going to look at us and say "How did they let that slide for so long?" We have the ability RIGHT NOW to eradicate religion and beliefs in deities and afterlives, but we don't because we think the cost is too great. Studies have shown that religious belief lies in the brain, and can be affected by the brain. It's perfectly possible to surgically remove someone's religious beliefs and turn them into atheists. I understand why we don't do this on a mass scale, but I still think future generations are going to look back and say "You should've done that a lot sooner."

Livingston has a new favorite as of 15:46 on Nov 10, 2011

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

PalmTreeFun posted:

Seriouspost: It's c/p from another thread. :ssh:

Wormspost: Bring back helldump!

I edited the post he quoted to remove the quote text because I thought he was kinda right about not turning this into a helldump-like thread.

Bring back lovedump!

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

redmercer posted:

Don't be so niggardly

I can actually say this because I have a black friend.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Chamale posted:

This shouldn't be controversial, "niggard" is a perfectly inoffensive word. The only people who would misinterpret it are too stupid to bother worrying about.

In their defense, they are likely the product of the US education system, which is notoriously niggardly with the smarts-handing-out.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Sorry, I only listen to ska bands like No Doubt and The Aquabats.

The gently caress? That's not real ska. Let's take it back to where ska started, and get you an education, son. Thank me later: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cTTIjj2Bok

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Lady Gaga is the Justin Bieber of music.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Nice trigger discipline, rear end in a top hat.

If you don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of guns and gun safety rules, you are frighteningly ignorant and a danger to yourself and those around you.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

I just got back from a sweet hunting trip. I bagged an epic 16-pointer. Don't worry, I used my bow and arrow (the guide did have to get out of the heated platform and finish it off with a DESERT EAGLE [gently caress YEAH!] to the head), and also my grandma died in a car accident when she hit a deer last year, so it's kind of like the circle of life. Unfortunately, the deer seemed kinda old, so we just left it there. The meat would probably have been pretty tough. Nevertheless, I feel like a real man, and one with nature.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks for bumping MY thread. I'm the OP, so it's MINE. Let me now discuss with you the rules of the thread and the many ways that they have not been followed to my satisfaction, and also what I'll allow going forward.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Yeah that's a great story, but you know it's fake, right?

As fake as the lion riding the horse. Look at the bullet hole patched up on its head. That's not cute, it's sick, and you're sick for posting it. NMS that poo poo.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Konstantin posted:

Except for FYAD, where you get paid ten cents for every post that isn't beecocked. We all know this forum is run by FYAD posters anyway.

What are FYAD and beecocked?

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Avocados posted:

Neutral Milk Hotel sounds like a lot of ordinary indie bands.

I can't get into it at all.

They're a Christian band. That "I love you Jesus Christ" song, heard it, turned it right off. I don't go to church for a reason.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Kung Food posted:

So you're working out and getting buff so you are strong to do what?

"Getting women" as if they are objects to do what? gently caress them and forget about it? Some life. "Getting women" improves your social status amongst those who hi-five people for being "playa"s. Who gives a drat about being more social amongst those vapid wastes of food and employment?

Video games are a great way to have fun, and enjoy things that are availible to you in life. Not only this, but the making of a game is an art form - by playing through, say, an RPG, you are treated to a grand story that is just overwhelmingly more fufilling than going out, loving some chick, hi-fiving yourself and calling it a night.

You get the benefit of enjoying an experience that billions of people haven't already done to death. You get the benefit of enjoying an art form. Notice here that I am not approaching games as some h4rdc0r3 EL THREE THREE TEE jerk - I'm going about it in ways much like a movie buff would appreciate film. For tangible benefits, in competitive games, you are constantly pushed to not only complete a task, but learn to do it better and better. You learn to be quick on your feet, smart, and precise.

Oh, and popular television gives you a point of conversation with the lowest common denominator of people. And we all know that mediocrity is something to strive for, am I right?

You gay, bro?

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

my pog boyfriend posted:

Heh, American? How well's being an obese warmonger now? :smug:

lrn2english

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Slide Rule posted:

Hay guyz! I need to do a paper on the holocaust based on people who have family experiences. Can some of you people Jew me and talk about your grandparents at Auschwitz?

I'm gonna me you you down on this one (I'm Jewish), and give you all the help you need in one word: bootstraps :smug:

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Guns are a multi-purpose tool for life. Sure they could kill a person or animal technically, but that was not the reason they were invented, and certainly not the reason for the subsequent innovation. If only the bleeding heart liberals would wake up.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone else really like child beauty pageants? The girls look so cute, like li'l grownups; and the moms just seem really nice, like they just want their kids to be super happy.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Withers posted:

I am professional in physics and its useless to put a helicopter on a turntable. They can't mix for poo poo.

I hope you're proud of yourself, you just made a person feel sad.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

Devil Wears Pravda posted:

retards can't play bass.

It didn't stop Geddy Lee from trying.

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

XenophobicAirport posted:

How much alcohol is it safe to drink while pregnant? My girlfriend is 6 months in and we've been drinking about half a bottle of Jack Daniel's a day. Is this okay?

Only if she's drinking it while feeding raisins to your Pugadoodle you bought from your friend who is trying to become a breeder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Livingston
Jun 28, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

That movie had a rape in it??? I've never heard of it, but I will never see another movie by that director or any of the cast, and I encourage you all to join me. Don't support people who condone rape!

Don't worry, she was wearing a revealing dress in the scene, so it was pretty justified. Advice to all women: don't start something you can't finish.

• Locked thread