Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
+What the gently caress kind of fairy fantasyland lets you be a Dragon-Man at level 1? gently caress 4th Edition, give us back our GNOMES

+The RIFTS rules are actually pretty simple, the books are just layed out a little confusingly. It's meant to be house-ruled to your taste.

+Armor/Weapon classes force melee characters to be versatile! You wouldn't bitch about everything being so samey if you had to whip out your mace to crush an enemy's plate-armor, or a spear to deal with barding and mail. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that complicated.

+When you get past the trappings, Warhammer 40,000's setting has some pretty intelligent commentary on religious fanaticism and the clash of civilizations

+The worst thing 3rd Edition did was standardize no. attacks/round by BaB!

+Critical fumbles are funny, just relax and go with it.

+Sometimes I feel a little bad for Mussolini

Harime Nui has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Oct 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Fair's fair, any chick who wants can objectify me :smug:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
If the South'd won, we'da had it made!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

KilRoy posted:

The Walking Dead is an insult. Why are these people bothering with human emotions? When the zombie apocalypse comes, I will show no mercy to any infected family members. My Hanzo steel will sing the song of a thousand deaths as I reave through the unread like hot butter.

The katana is totally loving overrated. My replica landsknecht zweihander (a 'greatsword' if you only know RPGs :rolleyes:) is the ultimate in versatility and power.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I don't see why people think the Japanese have made any significant contribution to global culture at all, actually. Their one prominent export (anime) was just Disney Cartoons with some tits thrown in.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Anybody else wonder what was the point of that whole bit with the Bear Dentist in the new True Grit? I seriously don't get why the Cohens included that scene

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I am so goddamn sick of feminist revisionism making everything about homoeroticism and power dynamics. Achilles shoved his spear through that dude's mouth because it was loving awesome, the Iliad is a story about manly dudes doing manly poo poo, the end.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Isn't it so funny how the people who harp the most about tolerating all lifestyles are the least tolerant of anything that criticizes their permissive lifestyle?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
When people ask me how I write such effective and realistic woman characters, I just say - "I think of a man. Then I take away reason, and accountability."

E - if you read or enjoy Watchmen, you're supporting a pedophile

Harime Nui has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Oct 20, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I've watched Star Trek since I was a kid, and always been curious about the franchise from across the pond. Couldn't get into Dr. Who though, fans were too drat weird.

• Locked thread