Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

it's not a character bit he's just antagonizing people for attention for the new thing and also because it's funny. it's funny that the guy who made homestuck, having previously disclaimed it and said whatever, it belongs to fans, has returned as a juggalo claiming it belongs entirely to him. also, it serves as marketing for the new game. it's not that complex?

I'm blown away by these youths who have hussie kramer into their post saying "HOMESTUCK BELONGS TO ME, ACTUALLY" and think he is genuinely trying to somehow destroy their fanworks instead of finding it hilarious. are we so deadened as a culture that we can no longer get down with the clown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did they say they were skipping the January update?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Pants Donkey posted:

Did they say they were skipping the January update?

Yes. And everyone on the patreon got notice that they weren't charged.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I heard they were also skipping February, but I'm not on the Patreon so I don't know if that's true or not.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
It's off until April. The body is never getting out of the wallet.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
A vibrant homage to the megapause?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

It absolutely baffles me as to why they bother having a news page when they don’t use it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So anyone play Psycholonials yet? I haven't, and I don't really want to, but I'm curious to know what other people might have thought.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

life_source posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjT1vn3vCwk&feature=emb_logo

Now THIS looks, feels and reads like it's Hussie.

I hope it is incomprehensibly weird and bad. I will probably love it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1529810/Psycholonials/

It's so incomprehensibly weird and bad. I love it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Also the sound track "slaps", as they say in the vernacular.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So, is Psycholonials just a visual novel, or does it have other gameplay going on?

I think it'd be convenient to get the Android version, but I don't want to wind up with some gameplay issues from using the touch screen.

life_source
May 11, 2008

First chapter is just a VN. I think it will stay that way, but not sure.

EDIT: The Steam page only ever references it as a VN.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

life_source posted:

First chapter is just a VN. I think it will stay that way, but not sure.

EDIT: The Steam page only ever references it as a VN.

Good enough for me. Hussie in bed or on chair with elderly cat here I come.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I liked it and I'm interested to see where he's going with it, especially after the ending. It's intensely Hussie and I felt it pretty accurately captured the current state of the world and internet culture. Also as other people said, the music is great.

Chapter 1 took about 30-40ish minutes to get through, I wonder if they'll all be around that length or will vary more.

Here's the release schedule if you don't feel like going to the site for it, next chapter on 2/17:

edit: read a post on reddit that mentioned it's going to be around 70k words in it's entirety, so around the size of Acts 1-3 of HS

cathead fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Feb 4, 2021

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

cathead posted:

I liked it and I'm interested to see where he's going with it, especially after the ending. It's intensely Hussie and I felt it pretty accurately captured the current state of the world and internet culture. Also as other people said, the music is great.

Chapter 1 took about 30-40ish minutes to get through, I wonder if they'll all be around that length or will vary more.

Here's the release schedule if you don't feel like going to the site for it, next chapter on 2/17:

edit: read a post on reddit that mentioned it's going to be around 70k words in it's entirety, so around the size of Acts 1-3 of HS

Will one have to buy more chapters as they are released, or...?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Samovar posted:

Will one have to buy more chapters as they are released, or...?

Nah, says on the schedule once you buy it you get all the subsequent chapters.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

cathead posted:

Nah, says on the schedule once you buy it you get all the subsequent chapters.

Well, alright then!

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Psycholonials: I hate all the characters involved but I couldn't stop reading it.

Wait, maybe it is like Homestuck.

life_source
May 11, 2008

For friendly reference to everyone: the refund window for Steam is 2 hours so you should be able to read through the first chapter and if you find you hate it just refund it and you have lost nothing but time.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I wonder if we can get a horrible religious cult based on these guys instead of ICP this time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm gonna play it. If I never return, it's because I hated it

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Lpove it

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I like Z and Abby's hostile friendship. It's very Act 4 Homestuck but with the alien hijinks removed it feels uncomfortably precarious in a more grounded and effective fashion while also narrowly dodging the pitfall of all the times Hussie wrote characters that made me go "wow why are these guys even friends"

E: Peeps calling Hussie out for being out of touch clearly just hang out in the socially functional parts of twitter. I'm friends with enough problematic evil girls I vibe with these dumpster fire ladies to a high degree

Nina fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Feb 6, 2021

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Percy is the Tavros to Z's Vriska. I'm saying this because it's true, hopefully they'll stay far away from each other for the good of themselves and society as a whole.

Anyway, this is a super bitter story. Like, drat dude. Not a complaint, just an observation.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Z and Abby scourge sisters. They'd destroy each other in the long run but I'm anticipating something a bit different

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So the studio the writers of Homestuck 2 made has closed. I think it literally existed just for Homestuck 2 content, but I have no idea if that means anything for Homestuck 2 or just shuttering something that was found to be extraneous.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah that's reading about depression alright.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nina posted:

E: Peeps calling Hussie out for being out of touch clearly just hang out in the socially functional parts of twitter. I'm friends with enough problematic evil girls I vibe with these dumpster fire ladies to a high degree

I sent this game to an old friend who watched the ending of HS when it was released, she is a twitterderp and will find it lulzy for sure

https://i.imgur.com/UaWQdUp.png

This hurt my stomach

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Pants Donkey posted:

So the studio the writers of Homestuck 2 made has closed. I think it literally existed just for Homestuck 2 content, but I have no idea if that means anything for Homestuck 2 or just shuttering something that was found to be extraneous.

They were also responsible for the now-ended Perfectly Generic Podcast and Snowbound Blood, which was Vast Error Friendsim which MAY also have ended? I never followed it. But between pgenpod being finished and kate no longer writing for HS^2, my guess is that she and Aysha have simply terminated their professional collaboration.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Cascade was so good, and made such a huge deal of all the kids getting God Tier and ultimately amounted to that not really being important

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Homestuck^2 bonus updates now available to read for free, no patreon required.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Homestuck^2 bonus updates now available to read for free, no patreon required.

Is that because it's dead?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

MatchaZed posted:

That would be the way I'd bet.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MatchaZed posted:

No clue, I'm dealing with the exact same amount of information as you are. Behind the scenes stuff is clearly happening, but there's been no clear indication of what that stuff is. Like, there's lots of rumors and hearsay, but nothing official yet.

For now I'm just going to enjoy reading the bonus stories now that I can. The first one I read was The Influencers! Here are my thoughts: These kids are boring and I do not like reading about them!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Homestuck can never truly die.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Read Diamonds, Dames, and Dads. Gorgeous.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I just checked out the Patreon, and you can no longer subscribe to it.

I hope this is just the end of Homestuck. Everything has been a mess since the comic ended on a highly mixed note, and while the epilogues kinda looked like things we coalescing into a firm plan, then Homestuck 2 happened and yeah, RIP.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Read Diamonds, Dames, and Dads. Gorgeous.

This was good advice. Although you probably should have mentioned it's a sequel to Catnapped.

Pro tip to anyone else reading the bonus content for the first time: Start with Catnapped and then move on to Diamonds, Dames, and Dads. Those are both great.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Pants Donkey posted:

I just checked out the Patreon, and you can no longer subscribe to it.

I hope this is just the end of Homestuck. Everything has been a mess since the comic ended on a highly mixed note, and while the epilogues kinda looked like things we coalescing into a firm plan, then Homestuck 2 happened and yeah, RIP.

I sort of like the idea of all of these threads failing to continue. There was multiple fan projects that failed, Act 8, Act Omega, there was the snapchats, Hiveswap, the Epilogues/Homestuck^2, and all of them couldn't pull enough cohesion to actually have a functioning story. It's fantastic, nothing can be canon if nothing can get past the initial phases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

There was also the original Homestuck 2, introduced via a weird video with Dante Basco talking about fan content that went absolutely nowhere.