Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What is going to happen is they will recover Doc Scratch's revolver and Jade will make it huge and they will load Doc Scratch's lifeless body into it and they will fire his enormous cueball head through Lord English's giant evil heart to defeat him. Limbs flailing behind him all the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Well that's quite a way to punctuate the end of an act. I guess this means poo poo is finally Going Down and we're really starting to get near the endgame of the story. Well, the uh, relative endgame at least.

I like how Lord English is pretty much a big green monster Cal, though. He's remained the weirdest 'character' throughout all this so it makes sense he'd be linked to Lord English in a more direct way than just being a basis for Scratch. Also I love that there was a horrible monster Cal head inside the cueball-head of Doc Scratch this whole time. Perfect.

Looking forward to seeing how English actually operates and manipulates things now for sure, and a new post-scratch session is certainly a good opportunity to do such a thing without it being a bunch of AND LORD ENGLISH CAUSED THIS ALL ALONG reveals.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr Christmas posted:

Since we already have a character who can instantly travel through space, can react nearly instantly, and destroy universes with a gesture, I wonder how Hussie will establish Lord English as the big threat? I hope it'll be better than a DBZ-style "Everyone moves clouds and shreds mountains when they power up, but when this guy does it, they act concerned."

Random question: Why didn't the Black King from the trolls' session give up his staff after it got prototyped with the frog statue, like the Queen did with her ring? I've been rushing through to recap, so I might have missed it.

The key with Lord English is understanding how time travel works in Homestuck and how much control he has over influencing it how he wants.

Essentially, once something's done in the Alpha timeline, it's happened. It cannot be changed. Lord English was already here, he already did everything he needed to in the past to set up his arrival, he ensures his own existence by knowing he needs to be the one to set it up, and doing so, in an endless loop. If he decided to deviate from this, presumably, he'd be shunted off into a beta timeline and, like anyone else, eventually meet some sort of end(die? who knows).

To fight Lord English, you have to somehow change the Alpha timeline without it becoming a Beta. This is where glitches, bugs, and other assorted cheaty methods come into play. Escaping a scratched session, pulling in help from a dead universe, both of these are probably just the beginning of doing things the game doesn't 'allow' normally. John's death early on via Terezi trying to change the session showed us what won't work, so now we just need to see what will.

Lord English won't be a Dragonball Z fight about one-upmanship. He's invincible and all-powerful. Lord English is going to be a puzzle, one centered around exploiting holes in the game's systems to do things that aren't allowed, to change circumstances until English can be weakened enough that he won't even arrive in the first place, or so he can be killed upon his arrival or something like that.

It's going to be very messy, temporally.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

VJeff posted:

I'm wagering we start with an introduction to J and spend a week or two on new kids before we even see those douchebags from the OLD acts again.

I mean, how long was Jade falling for?

I'm kind of expecting a post-scratch world intro, but not starting with J. Probably Nanna and then sort of slowly pulling the other guardian-kids into it, ending with J. Which would mirror Jade's long-teased introduction. But much more condensed.

Mom and Nanna and Bro and J/Grampa are all going to have actual names now, though. :psyduck:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

What's the "only of her kind" thing supposed to mean here? Do we have a planet with both humans and trolls on it now or something? What did you do, Doc Scratch?

I like the red/green inversion, though. That's clever, and not something I was thinking about when looking at the dots for the acts. This is going to go some very interesting places.

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff as successful franchise with a live action movie is amazing though.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zorak posted:

I have to wonder how Hussie is going to pace Act 6 with this "new world stuff" that won't make it tiring since we've gone through this thing like twice now basically. It's neat in the implications and where he can go with it, but the directions will ultimately be tempered one way or another by the need to keep it moving with some level of alacrity lest the whole crew ends up off screen for like six months again.

I have the feeling he's going to start to put it into motion like the other sequences, then quickly subvert our expectations by having the kids and/or trolls arrive, mucking all the post-scratch world's tidy storylines up into this weird mess and drawing the attention of the new earth-based Doc Scratch or Lord English or maybe just Betty Crocker. Who knows. But then of course we're jumping right back into where we were, with the added complexity of basically hijacking this 'new' session being run by the guardian-kids.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

dumb brunette posted:

Is that ... Yep, that's Ben Stiller's weird, sort of gaunt face, all right. Who better to star in this movie? Nobody. That's who.

I am going to bet money dollars (fake ones) on that exile being a troll who is safe and alive on Earth in a post-sburb environment.

It might be one of our trolls, depending on whenwhere they arrive post-scratch in the new world. They could have arrived on post-sburb Earth and have to do time shenanigans to meet up with John and Jade. With two time-gods they certainly can manage such a thing. It would also probably be to their benefit to get the post-scratch swappedfolks to do some stuff to set things up for them later.

Plus Karkat ordering Jane around with ANGRY ALLCAPS would parallel WV nicely.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Nov 11, 2011

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Don't forget the mystery troll operating the (exile?)terminal with Alternian text on the screen and keyboard. That's definitely important for whatever's going on with this post-scratch world. Edit: EFB on that one

And, if given the chance, it only makes sense that the Troll Empress would want to re-establish her species on a new planet- especially if it's one where they can subjugate the current inhabitants. It's not a 100% thing at this point, but it'd make a lot of sense for there to be trolls on scratched-earth, given the circumstances and the hints so far. (Jane recognized what a troll was when mentioning the Little Monsters poster)

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Nov 15, 2011

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think it's most likely that UU is in whatever universe they make via the 8 planet session. She seems to be the inverse of Karkat and the other trolls- nice, helpful, pointedly no 'spoilers' about upcoming things the kids are going to do(other than some vague reassurances). Being from the universe they make rather than the one that makes them would keep to that inversion even further.

It's either that, or she's not who she says at all and it's an elaborate scheme, which is also pretty possible, but would be kind of weird- we already have quite a few antagonists at this point. I dunno if we need more.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Captain Oblivious posted:

That is possible! But I can't help but note the parallelism between UU and Karkat.

Karkat bothers them to tell them how much they've hosed it all up.

UU pops in to say today is the day you make it all go right.

Hussie loves his parallelism. I could see it going either way.

I think this makes UU being from the 'sequel session' even more likely, since it makes her an inversion of Karkat more fully- someone from the session after theirs being happy and encouraging and not interfering in a significant manner? Backwards Karkat in almost every way.

Edit: this is working from the assumption that UU is being truthful so far which may not be the case at all, hard to tell for the time being

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay if she's this great all the time, the young Mom Lalonde is in fact my new favorite character. It's like a drunk female Dave. Fantastic. Bro is gonna be weird though, I can't even imagine what he's like.

I'm glad all three of these 'new' kids so far have had fun personalities without too heavily retreading any existing characters, while still keeping a lot of what made them distinctly unique from when they were 'older' pre-scratch.

Also stealing the 'drinking. present tense. grammar, jane' thing for every time I'm drunk and someone feels like pointing it out to me. Fantastic.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

QueerPope posted:

That's all very nihilistic, don't you think? That from the dawn of existence, everything has always been set up to fail? Would that make Lord English the original maker of the world in your theory?

He doesn't necessarily have to be the originator, just someone who's basically taking advantage of the system for personal gain. There may be another source. Or English might be some corrupted or angry version of that originator.

When dealing with this sort of stuff in Homestuck it's really best to look at creation myths and try to find parallels in those, since Homestuck is essentially an overly-elaborate creation myth for a universe we've yet to see be made. Lesser beings rising to power to topple the rear end in a top hat In Charge is a pretty common thread through many of those. Numbers tend to trump the powerful individuals. They then take what a mean jerk made and rule it benevolently in some manner.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cabbit posted:

.. Wait a tick. If every session needs a Space and a Time player, who the hell will fulfill that roll post-Scratch? If the post-Scratch kids are going to fill in the spaces emptied in the spectrum of elements by Eridan, Feferi, Equius, and Nepeta, that doesn't leave any room for the required roles.

If the game is predestined to be an 8 player session, it might just 'know' that Dave and Jade are on their way and stick the ScratchKids into other roles.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dolash posted:

It'd be pretty funny if next update Rose, Dave, Aradia, and half-dead ghost Sollux just float on down. "2up?"

It's an obvious callback opportunity to Sollux's dreamself showing up next to his corpse like before. So yeah probably.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fat_Cow posted:

Can he break out of time locks? Dave could hold him, everyone wails on him?

Somehow I doubt Dave has the same time abilities Aradia has. He more likely would use time to do something like have 20 Daves attack Jack at once.

Just throwing Daves at him until they stop dying. Letting those dead Daves pile up.

But maybe the class doesn't matter as much as I'm imagining here.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This is the funniest thing this comic has done in a while, hooooly poo poo. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Gamzee continues to be the most important character in Homestuck by pulling nonsense like this I'm sure.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

YF-23 posted:

What I got was that, where trolls have both <3 and <3< as reproductive romance, humans have only <3 and cherubs have only <3<.

Yeah, this is how I understood it as well. UU certainly makes it sound that way, at least. And it explains why Lord English is so violent- the culture he's from makes hatred the highest- and only- form of passion. And he's so goddamn passionate he's going to hate everything out of existance- slowly, mercilessly, and methodically.

But, speaking more generally about this update:

At first I thought this update was simply raising a lot of questions, but there's a lot of things you can puzzle out from this that make sense now. Particularly why Lord English is so powerful and can do what he does. He was never a part of the game, he's never had to obey any of it's rules. He's been a player all along, and that makes him able to break systems like the kids and trolls have done. But with a lot more knowledge about what he's doing.

This also echos the 'he is already here' again. Lord English, much like the Green Sun, is a byproduct of what the kids are going to do. UU/uu exist in the universe created by the kids' session- meaning, of course, they can't just undo that. Lord English exists and they're going to bring about his existence regardless of what they want to do. Essentially their session(and by extension, the troll session, with how intertwined they are now) is the key to everything. It's where Lord English begins, and theoretically, where Lord English is going to end.

Things are moving forward pretty well now plot-wise! I'm way more interested in the comic now than I've been for the past few months. This makes things very intriguing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Okay, so, I think this is a thing.

You remember this image of Calmasis of course. Note the doc scratch pistol. And the chains with UU and uu symbols.

Here, the uu chain is attached to her leg, just like the above image. This is presumably to prevent her from getting to her "brother's" side of the room, and they switch off who's chained up to where just before sleeping/after waking up. That's why he had to throw stuff to make her side a mess. Her chain would be on his other leg, as shown above.

Now I know sprite-flipping happens a lot in MSPA. But I think the fact that Lord English's peg-leg corresponds to the leg that would be chained up by Calliope to keep uu from reaching her side of the room is something pretty noteworthy.

I think we can guess, with some circumstantial evidence, why Lord English has a peg leg now. He cut it off.

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 20, 2012

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Starmaker posted:

I was going to say this exact same thing, but you beat me to it. You bastard.

edit: Although

<sprite flipping>

Yeah, like I said, sprite flipping is a thing. But if you flipped Lord English his peg leg would still be on the correct side compared to the flipped Calliope sprite as well.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

creationist believer posted:

Speaking of limbs being chained up and possibly hacked off.. This basically has to happen to uu or UU.

I wonder if the similarity to the Oujia Dicks and uu's drawings are because uu is also struggling with someone else while doing them like Dave and Karkat did? Maybe not physically, but like a second personality struggling to control the body? That was my first thought, even though it's seeming less like uu and UU share the same body right now.

It could be a brain hemisphere thing, though I'm not sure much else backs that up in the narrative so far. Like she's the creative side so he just wholly has no ability to do art whatsoever. Are there any mentions of logic or logical thinking or methodology or stuff like that in relation to Lord English anywhere?

I kind of doubt that's what's going on but who knows.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm surprised this is a thing that's actually happening. Who knew that the post-Homestuck project would be... Homestuck?

It better be followed up with a Problem Sleuth game. :colbert:

But really- an adventure game is the perfect genre for something like this. I wonder if they'll sort of puzzletize the repeating jokes/events as concepts you can apply to situations or something. You're going to have the biggest, weirdest inventory ever though. And god, the alchemization stuff will make things all sorts of crazy in a real game if you can really go wild with it. Though that would require a LOT of art assets. Or some sort of system to handle item-hybridization, which could probably be done with a number of object chunks. ...but that's a lot of work for something that's probably ultimately just for a puzzle or two.

Whatever they do with it, I'm sure it'll be one of the most entertaining games I'll play in a long while.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Considering how little he hints it would 'impact' the comic's story/characters/etc, I'd have to imagine the most likely thing is some other storyline stuff he had in mind but decided to not use, involving other characters.

I mean, with as much as he's got crammed into Homestuck, there's got to be enough ideas on the cutting room floor to make another story out of. I'd expect it to be roughly like how the Walking Dead game is set in the same universe, and even has some minor crossover with the comic, but involves it's own set of characters and events going on.

The nature of Sburb, much like how the fan community has latched onto it, definitely supports more than one story. And we still get the Midnight Crew and other prospitans/dersites to interact with along the way, even if it's not the exact same ones.

Andrew Hussie's true plan: an infinite supply of Spades Slicks stabbing everyone, forever.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Eager to see the stretch goals for this. It's potentially the first actual info we might get on what to expect, at all, from the game. Beyond 'it is more homestuck'.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Factory Factory posted:

Y'know, who says there won't be an ectobiology session? What if Jake makes slimebabies, and they're the oldkids and newkids and they go off into portals? We're assuming it's ruled out because we have familiar, forward-facing duplication. Single origin, multiple destination. Other than violating common sense, why not multiple origins?

What if this time Roxy and Dirk are Dave and Rose's slimekids, and Jake and Jane have John and Rose for slimeparents?

This wouldn't jive with the stuff that's already gone on with the alpha kids, though. Roxy and Dirk's silly conversation about theoretical children they might have, Dave and Rose getting a distinct "woah hey thats mom/bro" vibe from them, etcetera. It would introduce a weird, pointless complication for something we've already seen wholly explained which makes sense, and then instead turn it into a thing that contradicts itself and makes no sense.

The trolls had a single ectobiology session and Karkat did it. The kids had a single ectobiology session and John did it. There's no reason to assume otherwise unless there's some sort of story reason why having another set of kids would make sense.

Plus combining Dave and Rose wouldn't make Roxy and Dirk, genetics do not work that way.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kanaya seems to be getting set up for her actual character development tying into the whole Matriorb thing and, possibly, whatever's going on with her and Rose. She hasn't really had a lot happen yet other than get murdered, become a vampire, and kick a ton of rear end- which is admittedly more than lots of the other trolls have done- but we've got a lot of setup for her that's sure to pay off later on. I'm interested to see where she goes, but she's definitely not the focus right now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Filthy Haiku posted:

And what about Riker's beard?

Let's just say the massive amount of shaving cream John's dad carried around with him? For hiding his true identity.

That's right.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

When Meenah first met John, she asked him if she was in Hell and if he and Roxy were demons. At that point she didn't even know what dream bubbles were or that they were a way to meet other living players. She stopped trying to murder people after Aranea showed up and explained what was going on.

Yeah, it's worth noting that while most of the other teen-ancestor trolls in the dream bubbles have been there on a scale of decades to eons, Meenah just 'arrived' recently. That's probably why we play as her in the walkabouts- she's catching up with what's going on and learning what's the deal with a lot of things just as we are.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cabbit posted:

The notion of an alien being a human otherkin is pretty funny, and his actual visual aesthetic is cool. Considering the dude is almost certainly going to be first against the wall when the pre-scratch trolls start kicking it, and he isn't so much a character as a touchstone for being repugnant, that's already pretty generous.

I think this is why he kind of caught people off-guard by how awful he is. Eridan already looks like an rear end in a top hat, but Cronus looks like he could be a cool dude. So when a lot of the other teen ancestors are switching things up, like Meenah compared to Feferi and Aranea compared to Vriska, you kind of expect Cronus to do the same. Maybe be successful at the things Eridan was a failure at, or maybe have a better approach to life in general- Except then he's just worse. So much worse. And so you end up with a character who subverts the expectation of him subverting expectations, which is kind of memorable in and of itself I suppose. (by the time you get to Horuss its obvious there's no hard rule for these new characters so him being mega-equius isn't as much of a surprise)

It's not hard to imagine Cronus growing up into the bitter, intensely jealous Orphaner Dualscar, really. Who, with a title like 'Orphaner' is obviously not a sympathetic character.

Homestuck is not so kind to us Aquarius-types.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mystic Mongol posted:

Angels that drop neither grist nor exp.

Why were you so terrible, Eridan.

There're just so drat many though, and they're not gettin' any less bloody pissed is the thing.

Those angels are one of the weird lingering unimportant mysteries about sBurb. I'd love to find out what they were for. I have a feeling there's just going to be a lot of unexplained stuff after everything is said and done, just because it's not story-relevant and Hussie seems to like to leave some stuff open for fans to play with and interpret however they want to with the game's mechanics.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bongo Bill posted:

I believe it was strongly implied that The Choice Davesprite was offered was either to fix Caledfwlch (so that Dave could break it again, which is apparently important) or himself (remember he had a huge bleeding gut wound, although that appears to have healed).

But yeah, as one of the earliest ideas evident in Homestuck it's clear they're going to be huge when we finally learn about them near the end.

"Fix himself" in this case could have something to do with the doomed beta timeline thing. It's not entirely clear if becoming a sprite has spared him his inevitable doom yet or not- being a game construct might be a loophole in that mess, or alternately, it might just keep him safe until his job as a game construct is 'done'.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Anyone who didn't wait for the gif to finish it's full animation regardless of knowing or not is not getting the full Homestuck experience. :colbert:

But seriously this conversation will probably be one of the best in the comic.

Or alternately they will exchange brief pleasantries as Meenah walks by. And then the act intermission ends.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

English showing up and double-killing the dancestor bubble would be a good opportunity to permakill the fantrolls as well. We've just been meeting new trolls non-loving-stop so capping it off with those two being introduced and immediately following that with them, and a ton of others, being murdered forever, is a fairly likely thing to have happen.

Plus then you have all these new characters introduced and immediately killed which is pretty funny.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Karkat's confusion over what the 'dream hologram' stuff is might end up being more relevant than we realize if John and Karkat are going to go up against Lord English in some form while they're sleeping. If killing those things just wakes the real person up, and you've got someone like Vriska who can make people fall asleep at will, you could probably throw them at a problem indefinitely.

Which makes me think there has to be more to it than that, that these projections are something more- they're obviously not dead dream selves, since Jade's dreamself mentioned experiencing things in the afterlife once she had been revived(something that I still expect to become important and relevant at some point) and their ability to exist within the realm of the dead is probably pretty important. These are some sort of tools that the horrorterrors have provided, and presumably, they have a reason for doing so beyond "kids and trolls can hang out while they sleep and meet dead people". Something like what Meenah is attempting, or what Vriska is looking into both play into what the Horrorterrors want most, which is for Lord English to stop killing them.

Rose has shown that the Horrorterrors are dangerous when you take their gifts for granted. But everyone continues to do so, dreaming and wandering endlessly as they continue on their voyage. You'd have a hard time rejecting this though- you would become the sleepless Karkat we had a while ago. So with no option to reject the offer of the Horrorterrors here, and the goal of stopping Lord English aligning with the goal of the Horrorterrors, is there any real chance of getting out of this situation without any significant problems happening afterwards? Say they eliminate Lord English- do the Horrorterrors simply do away with the dream bubbles? Are the dead gone forever regardless of if English is double-murdering them or not? What happens when they dream then?

I'm just curious why they're not more leery of those things. Horrorterrors are helpful right now but they are probably still bad news.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

piemanmoo posted:

Ok so maybe the last few pages confused me, but Andrew Hussie is the same person as Robert A. Heinlein due to time traveling, right?

Well, no. Not yet. But he will be, after he seduces his future self. From the past.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Gamzee will continue to lie on the ground dead, but Caliborn will walk past and murder another Gamzee later. And another. And another. Until he's just walking down this tightly-packed procession of happy greeting honks as he mows them all down until he runs out of ammo. Which leaves our lone alpha clown as his guide. And a million dead Gamzees to be tossed into a sprite all at once for prototyping a megagamzee.

And that's where all the beta timeline Gamzees have gotten off to and why they aren't dead yet.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

senseinobu posted:

Well it's clear there's at least one more session because otherwise what's the homestuck game going to be about.

You start playing the game with some friends, nobody can figure out how to enter the medium, everyone is crushed by meteors.

It then cuts to, in a plot twist, the pre-scratch session before the one you just played. Except, inexplicably, the same thing happens anyway.

Roll credits.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Might be worth noting that of all the 'guardians' that the kids had, Nanna was the only one whom none of them had ever met. Rose had Mom, Dave had Bro, Jade had her Grandpa, but John's meteor killed her on impact. So if Jane was to do something dumb and get herself killed, it could be seen as mirroring that a bit. Which happens a lot in Homestuck. It rhymes. It's like poetry.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

As long as this puts a stop to the obnoxious "tricksters are crazy and kill everyone and giggle about it and and and and crazy murdering" bullshit then whatever's going on here is fine by me.

That's been the dumbest part of fan-generated content for forever and I'll be happy to see it canonically banished into the void.

That said, I can't imagine this being followed by anything but another "THIS IS STUPID" panel and cutting away to something else before we know what this might even mean at all.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

IUG posted:

So a question about the content of what we've seen in Trickster mode so far. We see Jane fly through the void and turn Elder Gods into Squiddles, and we see Cherubs turn into puppets. Thing is, Calborn was watching that too, so I guess it's a thing that actually happened. I'm just wondering where the Cherubs came from. That is a race that I've yet to understand at all (or why even AH picked that name for them).

Well, any answers to that are weird conjecture. The place she was in was shown briefly at the end of Problem Sleuth, so, it might be a real place or it might not? Depending on how in-continuity the Problem Sleuth stuff is with Homestuck(probably very, but in a disconnected way).

Those Cherubs had wings, and solid cheek circles instead of the swirls. So presumably that's their 'mature' form if they undergo the process that Caliborn hosed up where the personalities merge or whatever. I guess he won't get the wings?

So that might also be where Cherubs go once they reach maturity. Or where they're actually from, and Cal(iborn/liope) just lived somewhere that they shouldn't have been in the first place. How they got there, we still don't know. Baby Cherub shenanigans hasn't been touched on.

It's all too vague. Answers will probably be coming when things become relevant. Honestly, I think that sequence was just to show what the Jujupop does and might not be plot relevant beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dorroile posted:

In retrospect, i should've asked for Dirkshades, maybe with a bitchin' hat. Or smuppets.

Don't worry. I requested smuppets.

Soon we will have scalemates, smuppets, and squiddles. And be able to just swim in piles of weird homestuck plush merchandise.