Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh boy the EoA is finally almost here!

Also I'm probably not going to repost the goddamn repository again unless you all really want me to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ChaosTheory posted:

is there a synopsis of all the crap that happened after you first see the grey zodiac people, because that's where I stopped. I couldn't handle the addition of 15 new characters all at once, and everyone's chat messages and whatnot.

Ah, how I've missed these posts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Radiation posted:

1. Where did you hear this?

2. You're wrong.

It was probably a dumb speculation thing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Talorat posted:

What's the significance of that date? For that matter what's the significance of 10/25?

4/13 is the start date of Homestuck. It's like everywhere in the comic.

10/25 is 4/13 + 6/12 (the date hivebent started, the troll arc's number)

e: f;b

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Newgrounds servers down for maintenance! :pseudo:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"Mirror crashed, will try something else later."

HUSSIE :argh:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fat_Cow posted:

SPOILERS OF FLASH

All kids become god tier, remaining trolls head toward green sun, PM puts on the ring all the other carapieces died.

If this is actually a spoiler you're a butt because you hosed up the spoiler tags and I saw it :mad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gonna wait for the flash to be on a not-lovely stream quality.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

So why didn't Dave become a bird? Is it something weird with how Derse God Tier works? :psyduck:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Boneless Jogger posted:

I'd guess it's because Davesprite isn't dream or real Dave, he's a Dave from a doomed timeline. Jadesprite is her dead dreamself.

...right. Hurr.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think the only contributor who had any advance notice of that plot development was Lexxy.

She mentioned she had a particularly super-secret asset and I figured it had to be a dramatic shot of a female character. Sadly that character was not Vriska.

Free Vriska from the dream bubble tyrants

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

Do we have any indication as to where Sollux is taking the meteor?

The Green Sun, presumably, to meet with God Tier Aradia and his dream bubble self.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hold on, where is everyone getting this talk about the eight player session from? I don't remember reading anything hinting about that. Or is it something super tiny that I missed the first time, like the idea that the 48 zodiac signs of Alternia meant that Alternia was spawned by a 48 player session.

I think it's this page's fault. There is what looks like an 8 play session on one of the monitors.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I could never get into Gunnerkrigg because of how little actual storyline development it feels like there is, even after 30 chapters or whatever.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mortal Sword posted:

I like the way Book 1 has turned out, but I may be biased. I'm certainly hoping it'll be received well.

The flashes are translated just like Hussie said they'd be back when he first announced the books - as sequential art. I'm not really allowed to discuss specifics before the books are out, but I certainly worked with Hussie to tackle the issue of how best to translate the more dynamic flashes to print.

Where is Problem Sleuth Book 3? :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Hussie just made Herpus Derpus canon. I think we've reached the pinnacle of Homestuck.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rincewind posted:

Is there still a compilation of unclaimed avatars floating around somewhere? This avatar is a badge of honor, but I should probably change it eventually.

Here's the one from the last thread.

I don't feel like rebuilding that post, so I'm not going to try and update it anymore.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's not a very good avatar regardless of how much you polish the execution.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

marsattacks posted:

Or it could just be a running gag.

Jokes are never important to the main plot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It's not really a big deal, no need to go into hysterics about it.

Also, Bro Strider why you gotta build things in your own image? Is it to show up new Dave???

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I imagine that this will be much like Act 5.1 in that there will be no actual flashes until near the end to help speed the process along.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It doesn't loop. It's stopping at two ticks before starting over at the III for a reason.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dias posted:

Holy gently caress, who drew that, who thought drawing that would be a good idea and who thought putting that in a calendar would be also a smart thing to do.

I'm terrified now.

AbortedSlunk drew that, famous for their mushy potato faces. Also drew a weird wallpaper involving Bro and Kanaya that a couple posters have an avatar of.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The person they are waiting for is obviously going to be Beta Vriska. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vaah posted:

This is the absolute best I could get it to look while keeping it under 30kb. I can take certain parts of the series and turn them into avatars if anyone wants.

You fool

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Pakled posted:

Everything about this update is just amazing :allears:

What's the trolltext say?

"THIS IS STUPID".

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Totally snagging this one later.

I'll let someone smarter and more creative than me think up text. Maybe a dumb dovahkiin joke I dunno

"SKYYYYRIIIIIIM"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

If you never bought it up I wouldn't have noticed it either.

:mad:

If you never bought it up you wouldn't be having the issue! :v:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No text doesn't have those issues. :c00lbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:colbert:

^^^ GOD DAMNIT

Fortis you have failed me.

Aurora fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 30, 2011

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Armadillos! posted:

:thumbsup:

I love making icons.

I just took yours and added the border explicitly so he would buy it with the border but then he bought it before I posted :argh:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sepherothic posted:

Two down? Who else is dead?

Jake's dreamself.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rooreelooo posted:

What point was anyone's peanut allergy ever referenced ever?

Ferroque posted:

Peanuts?

Come on dude, like ten posts above you.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

The pivotal moment of the entire comic will come down to a character having or not having arms

Well...

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Chwoka posted:

That doesn't count, he meant "pivotal moment" in a metaphorical sense.

Hey man it let him start talking to Karkat as an exile that's pretty pivotal. :mad:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sorry, but it's impossible to take his voice seriously.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Or if Homestuck fans didn't want to buy every album ever.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffnuffly posted:

Do you have some kind of issue with people buying music they like?

That's quite the loaded question you've got there.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Waffnuffly posted:

Apologies if I misinterpreted you, but you seemed kinda disdainful about people buying a lot of HS music. Maybe I just haven't slept well today or something

It was directed more at them buying anything tangentially Homestuck related regardless of quality. I personally love almost all the HS albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=005133

Tell me I'm not crazy, and that this is totally hinting at LE being the one to kill Jack/Bec Noir/whatever we're calling him now.

You're going to have to explain this one a little more.