Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Well we got partway into writing one but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Nobody cares if you are at the top of the page. There is nobody. Zero people. The notion that we should care does not even enter our minds until you self-consciously call yourself out, so you, too, should stop caring.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

TombsGrave posted:

He's dancin' an adorable little softshoe routine in heaven now. That little so completely dead scamp.

On that note, this means that all the Midnight Crew analogues are now dead except for Bec Noir. History repeating.

And each one has a respective queen to fight to the probably mutual death with.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Why did the soundtracks get changed in the first place anyway?

Bolin left and revoked Andrew's permission to the copyright. But we got more Radiation out of it :colbert:

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Tea In A Shoe posted:

I was reading Homestuck again from the beginning and found this:http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002745

I'm no good with numbers but would this explain those 8-ball patterns in the latest flash?

Hey so it turns out those other three guides are written by actual GameFAQs top-contributors. Just noticed.

Was just a little of mindblowing to see Chaosdemon in there, I spent a shitload of time reading his guide and shitposting on the board for Magi Nation back in 2001.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Well those other Ophiuchuses had to scratch like three dozen times, overall, before one was produced that was sufficiently banal and pleasant.

I only wish Aradiabot was still around to meet her.

AA: 0_0
UU: ^u^
AA: 0u0
UU: 0u0

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I think it's reasonable that a hero doesn't need to always reinforce their superlative, just have influence on how things in their sphere of influence go down. I mean it would be ridiculous to be the Hero of Doom if all that ever meant was you were going to get murked and you'd have nothing to show for it.

We have omniscient narration on hand, though, that says the Angels on Eridan's planet specifically taught him how to be a brutal hope-crushing megafucker. Maybe they were just being spiteful about his genocidal campaign, maybe that was just part of his hero's journey that he hosed up in his own time.

Looking forward to Jake couriering around little cheerful missives all the time and giving people the will to go on.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Supercar Gautier posted:

I bet there are trolls all over the place on this new Earth, but only Dave and Bro can see them.

IRONIC SHADES || THOUGHTWAVE TIARATOP = HOFMANN LENSES

1,000 Bubblegum Grist

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Man everyone's all hung up with kids being siblings or not siblings or incestuous destinymates or whatever, when the dudes came outta machines.

Check dis poo poo out: You get yourselves a Bro and a Mom, ectoclone those fuckers, and pour their ectoseminal slurry into your ectobreeding vats.

They contribute gendered chromosomes byBX and myMX, respectively. You set the knob on the machine to the "plotfuckery" setting and it'll jam out ectochildren Dave and Rose, inheriting pairs bymx and BXMX, respectively. Repeat 22 times and declare bullshit like mitochondrial DNA to just be the same in everyone and you've milled yourself a fresh pair of ectobabies who are as genetically related as their parents were to each other, and are, conceptually, capable of producing conventional offspring who are the genetic clones of their ectoforebearers. The light is green, motherfuckers! Incest is no problem. I leave you with this gift.

ECTOREPRODUCTION SURE IS WEIRD. We all take a moment to lament how imprecise the conventional reproductive system is, and further lament that the phrase "ectoseminal slurries" is not a feature of common parlance in human civilization.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I've seen that exact picture somewhere else before though?

Eikre
May 2, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

That's some saucy stuff in the bonus pony.

Yeah, I mean, like,

what?

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I really appreciate how the question of what Life is comes up in that moment we're reacquainted with the witch of the same.

Each of the player superlatives is supposed to come with mystery and nuance, but sometimes their direct application as a power makes them seem a little too familiar and trite.

My takeaway from the framing, here, is a subtle reminder that the platonic ideal of Life is not merely in health on moribundity.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
That guy is suggesting Rose bounce between the Karkat Shipping Diagram with John and her Sapphic eyebrow wiggling with Kanaya, and then relegate the off-parner to auspicism.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

ArfJason posted:

That thing owned loving bones and I regret never finishing it.

WELL THEN MAKE IT HAPPEN, MEGACUKERS.

http://www.tronec.org/bmp/files/gms/online/MataNuiOnlineGame/player.swf

Eikre
May 2, 2009
The mother grub is just the female sex of the troll species. The male sex is all the rest of the trolls, who contribute genetic material but don't incubate. The fact that the male sex has effeminate and masculine social genders is the weird thing, not that they're a hive species where the drones and the workers are a merged morphology.

It's pretty hard to discount a fictional ecology like this one as not making evolutionary sense, though, when we've really only got ours to compare it to, and we still don't have a complete understanding of, for example, the circumstances surrounding the eukaryotic genesis. The antecedents of the cells which now comprise your stomach were quite probably a different organism altogether than the ones that comprise your bone-marrow, and the fact that you consider your rear end in a top hat to be the same species as your face is only because of a symbiotic union that started in the primordial ooze.

What I'm saying is, you know, just, like... Whatever, man.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

Bobulus posted:

It's worse than that, I'm afraid. Recall that we've seen a mother grub (Kanaya's lusus) and it's an entirely different species than the trolls. While it certainly has social reverence, it is a lusus like all the rest.

So it's not so much that the mother grub is the female of the species, but that trolls are a one-gender (in terms of reproduction capacity) species in a symbiotic reproduction relationship with another species, almost like bees and flowers, rather than just bees. (Short version: bees collect nectar from flowers, also get pollen as a side effect. Ranging from flower to flower benefits the bee by getting food and benefits the flower by spreading the pollen to other flowers, aiding reproduction)

Yeah, okay, not that I care about this too deeply as it transpires in the comic, but this isn't how the designation "species" works. When your species has one gender, and your only method of procreation is by inseminating another species that also has one gender, that is not a one-gender relationship with another species. That is a two-gender relationship with the other gender of your own species. That's how those words work. Modern biologist will very explicitly back me up on this.

Sexual dimorphism, bro. I know girls are weird and all but their weird shaped pelvises don't disqualify them from the human club.

Look, the real reason that there are girl trolls and boy trolls? Is because those genders are universal traits. Like, Skia assigns classes based on them. Trolls have girls and boys for the same reason they have souls.

Eikre
May 2, 2009

glasseye posted:

It's implied strongly that there's no actual oppression against women in Beforus except the Jadebloods' duties. There's one very specific case where they're at a (possible) disadvantage, even though they run the world. Doesn't that sound like men on earth?

Apparently purple and indigo castes tend to be male, and since there's only one fuchsia monarch but lots of bluebloods that she delegates power to, there's room for complaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Did we just jump a full year since the flash? I was thinking the flash was in year 2 but that timeline we just saw placed the shattered paradox spacetime that Vriska was navigating near their position at the end of year 1. What is the deal.