Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Arcane Velocity was like.
I'm really looking forward to the soundtrack. Homestuck's music team is really awesome and I can't wait to see what they came up with (blindly based on bare instructions from Hussie).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

hamtaro posted:

http://www.livestream.com/raptorbane/video?clipId=pla_71204d76-08f5-4799-86a6-69b64ebaebaa&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

You don't have to watch the streaming live, there's a recorded show. It idles for a bit, then begins at 4:20 in.

Suddenly I understand nothing. But what a trip it was. :circlefap:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Tw1tchy posted:

I did and I'm in Australia!

ACTUAL SPOILER FOR THE FLASH DO NOT HOVER OVER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT: OH GOD JADE'S GOD TIER SUIT HAS EARS. Also Terezi pointing at the sky in the wrong place and Karkat moving her arm to point in the right way.

ACTUAL SPOILER I think that's because she merged with Jadesprite. She's now a God and her alternate deadself and a First Guardian and a dog combined.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

rokkit posted:

Spoiler question: Why does Snowman bleed blue?

Has it been explained, and i just missed it? Because now i'm expecting a thousand fantards to start up with the X character is secretly Y character!!!

Pretty sure it's because NOT SPOILING SOMETHING WE ALREADY KNOW BUT SPOILS AN EVENT WHEN PUT IN CONTEXT blue is the characteristic color of the trolls' universe, vs. the kids' universe's red, in the ~.ath code Sollux wrote.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Haschel Cedricson posted:

From Twitter:

52 MB. Jeeeeeez.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Download torrent81 (1 file; 52.33 MB)
View torrent stats

You're welcome, thread. :allears:

E: Since this is an SA-only torrent, you'll have to do the Alluvion login, I think. It took me like 30 seconds, it's no big dealy-o.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 25, 2011

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Talorat posted:

Pretty much.

Do we have any seeders for the torrent? Doesn't seem to be anyone with a full copy of the file yet.

It takes a few minutes to get working. It seems like a few people have uploaded to alluvion's tracker, enough to make a full copy.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Fat_Cow posted:

I have a general question. Do you think trolls/anyone could go god tier if they used the bed for their title? Such as Rose could use vriskas bed and vice versa since they are both of light?

I'm not sure there's enough information in the comic to answer that. It may be that having another player of the same class's quest bed available is even a novel situation within the ... universe? of Homestuck, so nobody knows until Hussie shows what happens.

I think the only way to find out would be to sneak back into the kids' universe post-scratch and stick Kanaya on, er, Nanna's bed. Assuming the Scratch did indeed reset the kids universe, and wasn't just Scratch lying to us.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Zorak posted:

Except maybe Vriska, since she already blew her chance at second life. WHOOPS.

Furries and inflatable penises, no big loss, really.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

President Ark posted:

While you're waiting for an update, Andrew posted part 4 of the flash recap-explanation-thing on his blog.

"Pop-a-matic Vrillyhoo Hammer" :allears:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Oh argh, another two week downtime. Act 6 begins on 11/11/11, same as that dumb movie with the muscley dudes.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Things Lord English Is:

* Some kind of hulk-out parasite from the puppety husk of Doc Scratch
^ implies Big Cal
* A honker
^ implies some relation to Gamzee/the Subjugglators, be it prophecy, direct, or possibly an influence from L'il Cal
* A big fucker, as he actually fits into the Cairo Overcoat/Sarcophagus
--> recall: the Cairo Overcoat rips and tears when time shenanigans are going on. Stitch repairs it. There are supposedly two, the main coat and a backup.
* Wearing a pegleg reminiscent of Skipper Plumbthroat? I never saw the Squiddles flash
* Evil

That's quite the identity. An evil honking peg-legged skull-faced demon bug puppet cue-ball man who is omnipotent and can travel through time, out to rid the space beyond space of cephalopods. And that's just the reasonably obvious.

And chief amongst those against him are a girl who's a god who merged with an omnipotent dog and her resurrected alternate self; and a troll girl who was a ghost then a frog then a robot and now a fairy god.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Saradiart posted:

Would he look dog-like if he were to erupt from Bec?

You... you mean "erupt from Jade"...

:ohdear:

Tensei posted:

This universe was made for me! DRR DRR DRR

dude no the farts are the fish
were dealing with sharks of the fartpocalypse here

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

The Jigsaw comparison makes me wonder if there's anything more to this page http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002470:ohdear:

(most likely not)

There is, on the MSPA forums.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
One thing I've been wondering is, why the yellow yard?

Hussie moved only one side of the second fourth wall. Presumably, with the yellow yard being his ONLY interaction, the two fourth walls would have been touching otherwise.

So the difference he has made is that Jade's ship will enter the second fourth wall at a slightly different angle and 3 ns later, having spent those 3 ns in the author's study.

These questions are eating at me: How much of this is important? Why didn't he move the other side of the second fourth wall, too, so there would be an even 3 yards between the walls? What difference will it make?

E: It just occurred to me: two fourth walls into the same story pointed at each other is a really clever image for a self-referencing story.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Zorak posted:

Hussie explained this on his Tumblr.

It's commentary about how much space an author should share with his work (very little). Beyond that, it's just a mechanic for how Jade traveled between two different universes: through one 4th wall and out another.

The commentary is the meta-narrative significance, though. I want to know what the in-story significance will be.

I could easily be wrong that the two fourth walls are into the same story, too. But splitting Jade and John into literally a different story seems almost too complex, even for Homestuck.

And moving those walls next to each other is significantly more intervention than "one yard", which is why I think that, on a literal reading, Hussie's interaction was just pulling them apart from where they were originally set up. I could be wrong about this, too, I guess.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 3, 2011

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
You put sentences reading "Humor is subjective," and "Shakespeare isn't funny" right next to each other. Intentionally.

Can we shut up about this now? The level of picking-apart-between-updates is getting a tad unbearable, what with all the literary theory being wafted around like turds people have opinions about. Here's the nice thing about literary theory: all of your valid interpretations are sound.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 7, 2011

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Discussing the literary merit isn't bad per se. It's just that people are hurling incredulity and hyperbole at each other, and the topic of discussion keeps drifting from "What kind of merit does Homestuck have" to "Holy poo poo you're dumb."

It's a classically structured Goon argument :v: But it also annoys me incredibly.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Walliard posted:

Bunch of answers.

Highlight:

On the bright side, this means that the goontrolls are now canon. I cannot wait for the Bard of Ham to butter himself up.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Someone repost all the Goontrolls please, I missed them the first time around.

Group 1 on Legislacerator's DA Group 2

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Hussie explains the site's font shift. Apparently that's how it was always supposed to be. It's automatically anti-alised for me since I'm on a Mac, is it possible to turn that off or is it like Hussie says?

Not that I'm not in love with super-smooth text regardless.

Huh. I didn't notice a change, but I did notice others noticing it. Browser issues!

Top is Hussie's reference rendering. Next is how the site actually renders for me in Google Chrome (Windows 7, ClearType tuned to my satisfaction). Third down is Photoshop to Hussie's specs (Courier New Bold 14 pt, antialiasing set to "none") - almost but not quite pixel-perfect. Final is a quick and dirty attempt to replicate Chrome's rendering in Photoshop: Courier New regular 14 pt, antialising "strong", character width 96% (antialiasing stretches characters a bit). E: character height should be squashed to 96% as well to get even closer.

Guess I've got font problems!

Leave it to Andrew Hussie to get me thinking about CSS and how far layout management has come in webpages, yet how far it has to go.

Factory Factory fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 13, 2011

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

rotinaj posted:

I tried reading Homestuck and got up to the part where the third character, the "Cool" one, was freaking out over puppets, then lost my place.

How loving long is Homestuck? I don't know if I have it in me to try to get all the way back to that point, then get to the end here if it's as titanic as I worry it is.

Well, let's see.

The first page of Homestuck was MSPA page 1901.

Dave freaked out about puppets around page 2361.

The current page is page 6029.

Since you've left off, MSPA has grown by roughly the size of the first two books of The Lord of the Rings, and that's just in word count.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
At some point, we're gonna see a spork, aren't we?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
It's... from Problem Sleuth, and her room is littered with PS swag? I'm not sure what's especially surprising about it.

On second glance, that sight looks fun, if only for the headlines.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Jane is... actually typing reasonably. Have we seen that before?

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
AND I'LL FORM THE rear end.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Dude Strider. Real name Horace.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

thanks alot assbag posted:

I hope Bro is a Brony. Because that would just be the greatest possible collision of Popular Internet Things ever, especially if the My Little Pony show somehow reciprocated.

My god, the fanbases would explode. It would be amazing, and simultaneously horrifyingly glorious.

Eh, there's already a freezeframe of one pony making a 8^y face.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Valex posted:

Was Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff confirmed to be in the universe? If anything I'd expect Cool Dude and Stoner Lou to be the hot thing

In [S] Act 6, we see a billboard in Texas for SWEET BRO AND HELLA JEFF: THE MOIVE starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
That is a big freaking card and a huge freaking inventory. I bet Jade could use that really efficiently.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

King of Solomon posted:

John really is his father's son. :allears:

His father/son's son/father.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

YF-23 posted:

Also, about her name, let me put my :tinfoil: on here for a second because there's someone else whose name we don't know. :tinfoil:

Well, hey, that's a neat observation.

--

UU is exciting because she is opening up a new line of intrigue, i.e. who is she and, given what we know in general and what little we know of her, what will her impact be? I'm leaning towards the more positive interpretations, myself, but I couldn't really say why.

That's because we don't have a heck of a lot of information yet, so I'm not kill myself spinning out the perfect theory when we actually know vanishingly little. Right now, UU is a fairly open-ended mystery. A lot of folks seem to be drawing out huge "What if X, that would mean blah blah incredible detail." But a little information could nullify X, making blah blah so much wasted effort.

We're clearly starting a new story arc here, and things are just ramping up. We're getting a lot of background information. There's no need to get your theories out SUPER FAST AND SUPER DETAILED just in case the next update will prove you right, because chances are that won't happen until this story arc begins reaching its climax. So, y'know, chillax, don't annoy the mods, etc.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

Mr_Ham97 posted:

Also, evidently SA, and therefore this thread, is one of the top 10 referrers to the site.

Take that, Google.ca, you ham-eating, bacon-calling hoser!

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Okay, I think I figured out a good way to explain it.

You know how when Dave was going through Terezi's God Tier scheme, he made a choice and generated an offshoot universe based on that choice? When that choice happened, Beta Dave was spawned with an entire Beta Session with an attached Beta Universe. These just started existing, whole and contained, somewhere in Paradox Space, but still linked to the Alpha session at a point in time, when Dave made the choice.

These two universes were different and distinct, but they were in large part identical. And countless similar universes were splitting off all the time, but our attention was drawn to only a few, those that specifically impacted the universe involving the story we were being told.

But we have found out, that the universe we were following wasn't the final universe of interest. The scratch spawned a "new" universe, whole and contained, but still linked to the "old" version. And it's the same universe, just with multiple versions of it.

So when babies on meteors are sent into "that universe", they get filtered through the same universe filtering method, and they're sent to all of the possible iterations of that universe. We're just seeing the important ones, the ones which Paradox Space/Lord English don't quash and on which the narrative focuses.

Or, put another way: Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff...

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

YF-23 posted:

Except boondollars just kinda, you know, enabled the kids and trolls to actually start talking to each other.

Not in any way that made the boondollars themselves important. What was stopping Dave from sending Terezi a message saying "sup sup 413 blind prophets walk into a bar"? The boondollars were a vehicle for a lot of interesting plot stuff that was interesting for reasons completely separate from the existence of boondollars. Up until then they had been useless, and they continued to be useless other than as an arbitrary signal.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
exsexily *wonk*

I can't help but hear these typos spoken, and that one is the best one.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
Maybe I have a different headcanon? :confused:

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Remember when Dave was looking at the grist cost for his brain? This organ is virtually inimitable etc. So if Bro is replicating entire brains and putting them inside robots, not only is it kind of creepy ethically speaking, it also means he is making GBS threads grist.

That or his brain is a dime a dozen. It's not like he's the genius behind Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff: The Moive.

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what

haruspex posted:

So can we consider it to be basically confirmed at this point that Bro's planet will be the Land of Plush and Rumps?

Land of Impudence and Jutting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Factory Factory
Mar 19, 2010

This is what
I'm not sure folks are recalling that immediately before Tavros' decision to take out Vriska, Vriska taunted him at length about how she manipulated events to kill alterna-Daves, psychic-double-reacharound the other kids, and ensured the creation of Bec Noir, the villain who just ruined everything, ON PURPOSE.

At that point, Tavros marked Vriska as an imminent threat and vowed to stop her.

I'm really, really not seeing how this was a morally grey decision. He did it pretty stupidly, but he was acting to protect the kids and the trolls from Vriska, and I would say this decision was made in good faith.