Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Haha, tumblr is arguing over whether Vriska and Tavros' relationship is 'a8usive'.

Those guys are hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Please just be hatefucking Terezi. Leave them the gently caress alone you awful loving piece of gently caress.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

Unless he really is Godtier.

Maybe this is how he gets to Godtier. Kanaya gets her murder on and he gets to his questbed, maybe through the dreambubble.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Looking through some old pesterlogs and found this from Aranea:

AG: No. I can empathize.
AG: She was a serious trou8lemaker in your party. Many player groups have to deal with those.
AG: I feel as though we had one of the worst cases in our party. 8ut when all was said and done, she was still our friend.

Meenah or Damara? You's think Damara completely paralyzing Rufioh and constantly loving everyone over with timepowers would be worse than Meenah's antics.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Opposing Farce posted:

I'm pretty sure Vriska and Meenah are going to fight to a standstill (the "should luck conspire" line is pretty telling because Vriska) and decide to both take half for their armies.

Nah, imo Vriska should be able to kick her rear end quite easily. Meenah probably has some cool God Tier powers (Thief of Life? Ganking peoples life?) but Vriska has ALL THE LUCK and she's taken it up a level with Ancestral Awakening. She stood a good chance of beating Jack Noir in that form and she's had 2 years to potentially improve since then. Meenah hasn't really shown anything that makes me think she can stalemate Vriska yet. She really is the strongest troll by far.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Elysiume posted:

Gamzee might have dealt more damage (she took the finishing blow so they couldn't tell how much overkill she dealt) and he's been up to his own devices for years as well.

Gamzees a complete wildcard. We've never seen him actually fight. We don't even know if he's a real God Tier or not.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Speaking of seeing things on tumblr: Someone had a theory that the ring John has is Caliborn's juju.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Seoinin posted:

Gamzee is turning... good?!?! *record scratch*

It's a possibility. Remember what the narration said when Karkat shoosh-papped him:

'And so calmed down his juggalo rear end was and would continueth to be for all time.'

Of course, he could just be calmly evil.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

They obviously weren't ready for it and now Gamzee has a cod-piece so he's covered. Also he's God Tier now.

But seriously Gamzee is the strongest troll especially when in murder mode, has psychic powers, and dealt the most damage to the Black King during the trolls climactic fight. He'd smack Kanaya down in a one-on-one duel and it wouldn't be close.

It's true that those 3 clearly were caught off-guard by Kanaya so we can't really say that she could do that again in a straight-up fight. However, Gamzee dealing the most damage (other than possibly Vriska) doesn't mean he's the strongest or that he would win. Kanaya wasn't a raindow drinker at that point which seems to have definitely made her faster and more powerful. Even Meenah seemed worried to mess with Kanaya in the second walkabout due to her vampire speed.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mystic Mongol posted:

She rolled up on the three most dangerous trolls and crushed all of them. No backstabbing, no trickery, she just marched up to each one and doled out a beating. How was that not straight-up?

It's easy to forget because Kanaya makes such an effort to get along with everyone and speaks so carefully, but she complains that being a seer or being maternal doesn't come easily to her. What is she good at? Violence. She handed out two beatings and a murder, and then reapplied her bloody makeup like it wasn't a thing.

CidGregor posted:

Where are you getting that he wasn't expecting it?

He saw her coming.

They all did.

She wasn't very subtle about it.

And notice that not one of them even attempts to fight back against her. All they do is stare slack-jawed at her in surprise. She clearly surprised them with her ferocity and new glowy vampirocity and then took them out while they were struggling to grasp what was happening. Gamzee just stares at her open-mouthed before she punts him off the ledge. Then on to Vriska whose face is pure 'wat' up until a fist kisses it. Finally Eridan just watches her take his wand from him and break it. None of them resist at all, even though they clearly were reacting (with shock) to her actions, so it isn't as if she took them out before they could react or that she was too fast for them to see. Were they to, we can't say that she'd be as successful. That's what I meant.

That said, Mindfang Vriska was capable of hanging with Bec Noir who we know has sicknasty speed from his fight with Bro, which he won after his upgrade, so in that form at least she's bound to be pretty gogdamn fast.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

Everyone saw her coming, yes, but remember that the time it took her to go from Gamzee to Vriska and Eridan and take them out was a short enough space of time for her to catch a pair of sunglasses knocked into the air by her attack on Gamzee. That is a fairly swift sequence of events.

Being fast and powerful with cliche movie vampire powers is basically her thing now, so I don't know why everyone tends to be so dismissive of her.

I'm not trying to be dismissive of her, I wad originally arguing for her. I just don't think that fight can be used to conclusively prove that she >>>> those 3 in a fight. And yes she's very fast, which Meenah notes in one of the flashes.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Hells yeah, I would love to play a Homestuck game about a group of kids playing SBURB. Better if we got to create our own kids/character and choose our player titles.

Bobulus posted:

Okay, what the gently caress, I checked tumblr and there are already cosplays of the new B2 kid outfits.

I shouldn't let this get to me. People like to Cosplay.

But who the gently caress managed to acquire a green Marty-McFly jacket in just an hour???!?

If you think thats bad, theres already a foursome fanfic up on Archive of our own. :I

VVV Mostly its because they got a ton of shortcuts in the way of the Trolls and Davesprite giving them sweet loot they shouldn't have access to and telling them what to do and stuff. Plus reaching God Tier really fast.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 12, 2012

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

That lildurandal guy who does all those theories that have been linked to recently gets kind of pissy when you call them the Alpha kids.

He says that they should be called the Nobles. Because noble gases?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Or maybe another way to go Godtier is to assemble the outfit or something.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rooreelooo posted:

The higher up you get on the hemospectrum, the more sturdy the trolls get. We've already seen how hard it is to kill them, what with kanaya getting a hole punched in her gut with magic and still living, as well as vriska losing an arm and an eye and still being more or less fine. I reckon gamzee can power through this alive, or at the very least drag himself to caliborn's kernelsprite on top of that tower there and self-prototype.

Alternatively, he pulls a bottle of feferi's blood potion out of his sylladex and drinks it, recovering from his wounds.

Remember that he only has Feferi's blood cuz she died in one hit, and shes at the very top of the hemospectrum.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Clearly it's Lil' Cal.

Can't resist dat rump.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Could be Cal's legs, could just be one of the other art styles. The kids and trolls all have them, why shouldn't the cherubs be portrayed more realistically?

A different art style wouldn't explain a change in skin-color. What the hell is up with that? Either its not her real dream-self or.... idk maybe her dream-self is Callie Ohppee?

Though even she has grey skin.......

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Where do you see her skin? She's wearing a dress, leggings and shoes.

Oh, those are just leggings? Nvm.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

That crowbar negates the effects of temporal artifacts, right? I don't think the tower has time properties, but Gamzee was last seen carrying a set of time boxes. It'd be bad if those were broken.

Well it seems to work on other things since it hosed up Vriska's clock something awful. And that wasn't temporal either.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Well it is still a crowbar.

Magic Godtier clocks are impervious to mortal crowbars. :colbert:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

DRAMA BOMB INCOMING!

EVERYONE TO THE SHELTER!

NEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWBAM!

DIRECT HIT!

There were no survivors. :|

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Nov 29, 2012

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Tavros killed him.

Hilariously.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

The fact that Jake mentally conjured up a near-flawless mental projection of his friend who pointed out, with devastating accuracy, most of his personality issues, pretty much says outright that the guy's hugely insightful but is psychologically incapable of acknowledging it himself. Which results in stuff like Holodirk or the recent updates, where he cluelessly breaks down what an insufferable knob he is by projecting it all onto somebody else.

Jake is still intolerable but at least now the narrative is acknowledging that his stupidity is less of an endearing character trait a la John and more of a genuine mental disorder.

Considering that 'mental projection' turned into Dirks dreamself and continued to exist after Jake woke up, I highly doubt that it was really Jake who created him. More likely is that it was some bizarre Heart power.

Cabbit posted:

Edit: Jake also probably wouldn't be thinking about breaking up with Dirk if Dirk just actually sat down and talked to Jake about whatever separation anxiety/fear of rejection poo poo he's got going on that's turning him into such a needy, clingy boyfriend.

Similarly, if Jake sat Dirk down and told him that his clingyness is getting tiresome and making him question the relationship, maybe Dirk would back off. I think Jake should at least give him the chance to improve before completely ending the relationship.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Dec 2, 2012

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Holodirk says outright that he's a manifestation of Jake's. His ability to sustain himself even after Jake left was just giving us a peek at the spooky depths of whatever class ability Jake's got to him.

After all, Jake's philosophy on life is:

But Holodirk also says that he's 'one of Dirk's splinters' and that 'I'm kind of a splinter of his corporeal self who happens to live in your awareness.', and Heart powers are the only ones who have been noted to be able to fracture themselves in such a manner. Dude also says 'TT: I'm just saying, this isn't really your field of expertise. TT: Dirk is the heart guy. He's the one walking the path of self, even when he doesn't know it. Like right now.'

Besides, Hope hasn't ever been hinted to have this kind of power. Pages have a lot of untapped potential, but potential can't give you Heart powers without the ability to actually do it yourself by being a Heart player.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

No, it's still Jakes fault for being so completely thick. He was thick not to see through Jane's denial of her feelings because it was obvious as hell and he's thick to jump to this conclusion. Dirks gay for fucks sake, what is stepping aside even going to do Jake?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Not unless they want them too.

>:]
> :]
>:]
> :]

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

That would be hilarious. A hell of a lot of people are going to feel mighty awkward if they find out they've been ripping into a mentally damaged bloke these last few days.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

You just know theres going to be some fanfic by tomorrow where the Condensce teleported her there for sexy times.

And I kinda wish it were true. :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Tomorrow? Try an hour from now.

Yeah, I can't believe I underestimated the fans like that.

quote:

hussie if you kill the possibly trans character before she even gets a good smooch i will cry

I know better now. ;_;

.....How?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

since tumblr

tumblr is how

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

loquacius posted:

Wasn't she also behind Jack's successful assassination attempts?

And there were a bunch of assassination attempts on Jane. And she sent drones after Dirk and Roxy. And bombed Jakes house.

But then again Gcat saved Jane from Roxy's dumbass explosion, and its under HIC's control so who even knows. I don't think we can really tell whats her deal???????? yet.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Maybe he STRONGJUMPED the distance.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Aspergeoisie posted:

Caliborn was still hilarious in his vicious attacks on Jane. But I wasn't laughing this time. Just too many feelings :smith:

I don't know how anyone could find that funny. Calling someone fat is one thing, hell I was in hysterics all the times Vriska rubbed Tavros' face in being crippled, but this crossed the line. At least for me. I don't understand anyone considering Caliborn the best character anymore after this.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mister Gutsy posted:

On the other hand, I thought Vriska tormenting Tavros for being crippled was a lot worse than this (and yet I later went from hating Vriska to liking her somehow), so it probably depends on the person v:shobon:v

To me Vriska doing that was so hilariously mean-spirited that it became funny. It was over the top and Tavros never really got too upset over it. The point is that it was mostly just mean.

This is evil.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Like a few people the first thing I go to is that HIC captured Roxy for a prisoner exchange for Jack? But that doesn't really make sense because a) Roxy's a Derse dreamer, dunno whether Prospit would even want her and b) Roxy is way more valuable than Jack and c) Condy could have captured and exchanged Roxy ages ago and have Jack back already.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Two Inch Bee posted:

She could be trying to utilize Roxy's void powers as a defense against Lord English; maybe he can't already be here if he doesn't know where here is. It seems like the story has contrived to make Void powers ineffectual, though - all the bad guys can see through them now.

I guess she could casually borrow a cup or a bag or a bucket of green flame from Lord English next time she meets with him, and use it to make Roxy go God Tier. Maybe that'd make her Void powers useful again.

I agree that the speculation of the Condensce trying to use Roxy to hide from LE is looking really likely now. DD's thoughts at the end of the update seem to not-so-subtly hint at that being the case.

But whats this about green flames? She can just fork her on the questbed on Derse, right?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

So I guess this means Vriska won that fight then. Unless they drew and Meenah + half the ghosts tried attacking LE and got wiped out off screen, which seems unlikely to me.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

KaosMachina posted:

Hmm, if we take this to the literal extreme, then that version of Calliope would be a largely inactive creator to Caliborn's highly active destroyer.
Man, I will flip out if somehow this dominant Calliope is the creator of SBURB or something.

Maybe the Muse class is so utterly inactive that only alternate versions of themselves actually do anything. Its like, negatively passive. So passive that it accomplished things without technically doing jack poo poo.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I for one think its pretty interesting that everyone seems convinced that theres going to some sort of lovely twist to do with Lord English. Hussie has conditioned us to expect there to be some off-the-wall shenanigans that we're all expecting it now. At this point I think it would be more shocking to most of the fandom if Caliborn just straight-up grows up to be LE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Rose and Roxy's goofy smiles are freaking adorable.

We're probably going to keep with Roxy and have her wake up to learn whatever it is the Batterwitch wants her to do.