Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Saradiart posted:

Something to note:

Andrew Hussie's girlfriend revealed that the flash was about 3 minutes in length at 35%. That might mean we're looking at an ~8 minute flash.

Unless she was trolling.

I remember reading that it's 10 minutes and 25 seconds long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Unfortunately budsnbabes.com is currently caught in the foul claws of a URL squatter. :(

I'm glad I'm not the only one that tried to go there

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Sepherothic posted:

This is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrv0CGThaFM

I don't know how many times I have watched this

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Krinkle posted:

I wonder what jake's bedpost would manufacture if it was treated like something that came out a totem laithe

I've been wondering this since we first saw Jades bed.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Although one possible issue might be that this session can't scratch, because Jade left the Beat Mesa behind. They only get one shot.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Bobulus posted:

It's a very good one, though.

- A1 universe trolls didn't create themselves.
- B2 universe humans have B1 items.

No other theory I've seen explains those two facts as well.

So wait, if that's how Lord English reserves his place in the next instance of a universe, how is it affected by the fact that the kids CAN'T scratch? (No Beat Mesa)

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Sometimes I really do love the community

http://tindeck.com/listen/sftd

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Slime posted:

Heeey, I noticed something. There's the speculation about the 8-player session, right? And how it was thought it'd be the kids + their ancestors. Look at how many people are now at the Green Sun. Meanwhile, John and Jade (and Davesprite!) are travelling for 3 years.

3 years from THEIR perspective, they'll arrive in the session just in time

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
IIRC the folks of the MSPA forums are working on translating it into various languages

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
IT.S TIME TO GET
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/sweetbroandhellajeff/?cid=041.jpg

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I thought you guys would enjoy this

Eox fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 13, 2012

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
There you are, Sawtooth

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hussie made one last post: http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/15992958185/iaeu-eeura

It ends with this;

quote:

FINAL TLDR YO

There’s only one thing I’m annoyed about, and only one type of behavior I’m calling racist. And that is if you act all haughty and poo poo on people about how they absolutely have to believe all these kids are white. That’s it. It’s cool if you believe they’re white. I can’t blame you for that perception at all.

Happy Martin Luther king day everybody!

I really didn’t plan on gettin into all this on MLK2KXII. For real.

It’s like I was suddenly possessed and spurred to passionate oration by MLK’s legendary ghost.

Then he was like, man gently caress this weirdo, and flew away.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm also going to call Jake being asexual, as that means tumblr will collapse upon itself with its huge collection of special snowflakes

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Morganman posted:

Me too! :hf:

Lovin' all these dramabombs. Hussie writes awkward teens really well. Like, spooky well.

Non-insane 16 year old homestuck fans represent :unsmith:

Homestuck was actually in distinct danger of losing me for the past few weeks, but between Jane and more Midnight Crew dialogue I'm reminded of why I'm in for the long haul.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I tend to think of time loops and paradoxes as wheels, and the alpha timeline is a really long bicycle.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ominous Jazz posted:

I bought the Felt album with the new album, so I gotta ask: Who the gently caress is Humphrey?

The guy who originally invented the Midnight Crew made a horrible 'canon' Felt adventure, in which Die called his doll Humphrey.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
You know, if the eyes were drawn closed on all the trolls on the C&M cover, it would take on a completely different tone...

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
At least we weren't roleplaying this time :v:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't really describe how sad it makes me that none of Jades themes have Guardian in them anymore :smith:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:eng101: Interesting things to note about this picture, The symbols and colours are switched (I.E. uu is keeping the red leg chained, vice versa) and the red side (UU) is holding the gun!

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

So when can I start telling my friends that I was into Homestuck before it was cool?

(spoiler: never)

Do you know how many fans have never read Problem Sleuth :eng99:

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

God, I'm really kind of dreading Homestuck becoming popular in the mainstream and being really widely known. It's on the verge of it now, and I know it's inevitable with the game coming out, but it's just gonna be loving insufferable.

I think I've turned into an angsty hipster. At least as far as homestuck goes.

MSPA going mainstream could actually be a good thing, because then the insufferable current fandom would become a minority and we would have more 'Normal people who happen to like homestuck'

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
It was worth a shot :sigh:

All of the homestuck fans where I live are loving insufferable

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Have there been any summaries posted of what's happened since the whole ridiculous fairy dust in the cartridge debacle? I've been following this comic since halfway through problem sleuth and this is the point at which I've pretty much given up trying to follow Hussies weird format-destroying tangents and neverending quagmires of words, but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in where the story's going.

Update slash fanart occasionally spills onto my tumblr dashboard like pus from an infected wound, giving me tiny updates on what's going on with John & Co, but every time I even attempt to read it for myself my eyes glaze over at the infinite ==>s and branching pathways. (Didn't Hussie say right after problem sleuth that he abused the 'Next' command?)

tl;dr Help me goons I'm too retarded to read :eng99:

Edit: Honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if the Andrew Hussie that's been attending conventions is just a body double and the real one is cloistered in a half-flooded basement, lit only by a computer screen and a tablet. A terrified softowl feeds him a steady diet of pastries, gushers and just a shitton of PCP

Eox fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 9, 2013

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Tenebrais posted:

It was BlastYoBoots. He created a specific thread for his own theories, separate from the forum's main speculation thread that dated back to the problem sleuth days. I used to argue with him a lot.

I went back awhile ago to see what the forums have come to, and I found that the main theory threads title still includes "Ide/theory". That injoke comes from late goddamn Problem Sleuth, I don't think there's anyone left that actually gets it but they keep it going anyway.

It's inspirational, really.

Edit: Story time. I started reading MSPA when VGcats linked to it at the tail end of Problem Sleuth. As soon as it ended, I made a forum account and ended up being a regular poster for a couple years (And the first Homestuck cosplayer when I was John for halloween in 2009, but it looks like that thread disappeared in the forum move so I can't prove it anymore. I'm waiting for the video to be used against me someday by some enterprising internet detective.) I only got out when a kind goon bought me an SA account (If you're reading this, I'm still trying to find an opportunity to pay it forward.) I stopped reading when I found out that Hussie was doing that bullshit concurrent update paths thing and had been for days without me even realizing, and I realized that I really didn't give a poo poo about any of the new characters and that the story was collapsing under its own weight and poisonous community.

Eox fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 15, 2013

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Dirk suffered a LOT from the fact that, early on, Bro was probably the most outrageously badass side character and it's pretty hard to write a non-infuriating personality for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't there been a BUNCH of projects wherein people voice act the entirety of homestuck? I mean just go on tindeck and you'll find thousands of nasally teenagers trying to be trolls.