Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

"you found a fistful of rice-krispies"

dumb brunette posted:

I know Radiation did a mashup thing with some anime song while the hiatus was on, and got a question or two like "IS THIS THE EOA5 FLASH MUSIC" and his response was "what in the gently caress possibly gave you that idea, jesus."

People think some stupid stuff. Someone out of nowhere asked if I was doing voice acting for the EoA, I jokingly said yes, and people believed it long after I stated that it was a joke.

Then, weeks later, Octopimp joked that he was voice acting in the EoA, despite the joke already being deader than a horse at a dogfood-and-glue-factory being beaten by a broom with a chainsaw on the end. And people believed it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for the EoA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Fat_Cow posted:

Hussie will go on a week long hiatus after the flash drops

:negative:

1. Where did you hear this?

2. You're wrong.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

AA: hes still not at ease with his mortality
AA: but people like us have to be!
AA: we have to be prepared to die a thousand deaths before our quest is complete
AA: the master we serve demands it
TG: so
TG: im just one dead dave offered up to the time god
AA: pretty much

Also, why would Andrew edit Aradia's expression to make her smug? And why would he do the Ancestors background with the handmaid beforehand? Her master is Lord English. Sollux's ancestry was directly paralleled in the flash. It'd be hard to say there's no significance to it.

Anyway, that's my speculation on why I think she's probably a bad guy.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

As someone that has listened to FF6/FF4's soundtrack countless times AND someone that is on the music team, I have to say that any accusations that Lotus (Bloom) is anything but a reference to itself are utter hogwash. Quality control? Seriously? Beatfox's composition and production are in many respects leaps and bounds above the rest of the team. You don't have to like the song, but saying something is a "barely remixed carbon copy" with nothing to back it up just comes off as antagonistic.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

ArfJason posted:

You're in the music team? That's pretty drat cool. How long do most albums take to make by the by? Have you guys ever tried stuff with weird time signatures? I honestly haven't heard a single album in its entirety.

Check out this song I made, it's called Judgment Day. It's in 13/4 at 413 bpm.

"Awakening" on Vol 7 is in 5/4, and "The Broken Clock" on Felt is also in 13/8 or 13/4 I think.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Surprise Noodle posted:

Given his past history with donated money, he'd probably never get around to actually buying the Ferarri, instead blowing it all on a thousand dinners at Red Lobster or something.

I keep asking him to go to Olive Garden but we keep realizing how stupid it is. There's not one near him and the food is lovely.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Surprise Noodle posted:

I think it started with him ranting about some terrible web ad for Olive Garden on his old blog that probably doesn't even exist anymore.

And, much like everything else he touches, it just spiraled out of control from there.

People on the forums found some delusional new-age spirtuality guy making "soul portraits" that were really just lovely photoshop jobs, and immediately decided that they needed to gather enough money to buy Andrew one. So they gave him the money, but he decided that it would be a waste to use on some hack, and ended up making his own soul portrait that was vastly superior.

Then he decided to use it to go to Olive Garden, but that never happened.

http://andrewhussie.blogspot.com/2010/07/soul-money.html

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Jawat posted:

Ah fair enough. I didn't start following his blogs or any Homestuck threads until about a year ago (well after that page), that's why I missed it.

Just to beat already-answered speculation to death, it was my own choice to include "make her a member of the midnight crew" in the song with no input from Andrew. It sounded better than "I'm a member of the midnight crew" because it's the end of a phrase and not the beginning of one.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Snollygoster posted:

Yeah those are real. There's an early version of the song floating around on Youtube with the lyrics and it's painful to hear - taking them out was a good decision.

It's kind of weird to think that thanks to the internet, the semi-embarrassing things my generation does in high school will stay around to haunt them forever.

Yes, taking them out was a good decision.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

FYI, you aren't a true Homestuck fan if your wallpaper isn't an animated mosaic of every Randys133 video.

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

I did get a few Karkat tracks - about five, actually - just not any ones that I thought were super-appropriate for the character and the album. Nothing that made me get up and shout "drat YOU KARKAT!"

Rachel Macwhirter actually sent in one called Blood Knight, and, while cool, it was kind of a midi rock guitar thing, so... why not go with the real thing?

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

As long as we're being unambiguous about it, yes, the legal issues involved the contracts, and had nothing to do with the content of the songs.

The Indigo Archer / Purple Tyrant thing was a big "oh poo poo" moment at first. It's been my first time really dealing with a significant issue on behalf of the company, and saying the guy "should have been embarrassed" without having a complete dialogue with him was a bad move on my part. Even if the tracks were plagiarized. We haven't come to a consensus on what to do with the money. Probably just give it to whoever does the replacement tracks (assuming those actually happen....)

Since Paul Taylor (actual composer of the tracks) seems to be amicable about the whole thing, can't really feel bad about it now.

Also no problem. I'm really good at other people making music. ;P

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Walliard posted:

Shirt that I think used to be in production but isn't anymore. It's the first print on this page.

I actually bought it from Lexxy's personal store a while back, before the WP shirt store even existed. She got permission from Andrew to sell her own HS prints + shirts, all of which I think are still available on the print page. I'm not sure if it was ever in the WP store at all in any form other than a print, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

Midnight Raider posted:

(Where's my finished Spider's Claw, Radiation? :argh:)

NEVERRRRRRR