Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I am excited about more homestuck.

FAKE EDIT: I really hope they delve more into what Karkat described about "loving up" the frog breeding. As if it had been something more than just "half assing" it.
It's one of the things I'm most curious about.
And the end of act flash will most likely end right at the critical moment or a second before, because of all that tension and pacing thing. And hopefully Gamzee will get his redemption.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You know, I don't care about who dies or lives. I just want to see this through to the end.

besides "THAT HUSSIE ARRGH" gets old fast. (not trying to sound like a dickhead here, and apologies if I did)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh I just remembered this flash was supposed to arrive today.
It was cool, but those clouds with weird transparency sticked out like a sore thumb. Other than that, it was cool but, as always, confusing. Can't wait to see what's up with Bec Blanc.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Frog Forager is so Earthbound it hurts.

I think I might be nuts but it does sound like a tribute to Polyanna. Hell, I'm sure the chords are the same, and the structure is similar (sans polyanna's intro).

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Radiation posted:

As someone that has listened to FF6/FF4's soundtrack countless times AND someone that is on the music team
You're in the music team? That's pretty drat cool. How long do most albums take to make by the by? Have you guys ever tried stuff with weird time signatures? I honestly haven't heard a single album in its entirety.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
did we ever find out what was with that apocalypsearisen deal? The one where she's like a ghost? The one that we were all shocked about. Because really, I know there are dreambubbles and all, but her case was so different. I hope it doesn't get bullshitted away by something like "Oh, handmaid, it was all a plan of doc scratch all along!!!!!!" because that'd be the worst.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wonder if there is a generally accepted animal that devours frogs, the way lions do deers and such. Keeping thematical sense and all, would kinda narrow down Lord English?
Wonder if we'll ever see him at all, but don't really mind either outcome.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Calling it, new bro will be a huge anime nerd and has his hair like vegeta, just like on of his japanese animes! :allears:
Also, if sopor slime consumption turns trolls into stoners, then sopor slime = troll weed. These guys sleep on weed.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sansuki posted:

The thirteenth troll is all the trolls in one. Like...like a lasagna. Layer of sauce, layer of troll.

I can only imagine the trolls starring in the "Foul Lasagna" SA story.
It is both hilarious and disgusting.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I think I'm part of a very small minority that didn't find this chatlog incredibly funny or anything. It just doesn't hold a candle to Karkat's battles against himself or practically anything with Dave.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
you know, before being reminded about Grandpa Harley's obsession with blue girls, I thought the posters were a callback to Vriska. You know, being blue and all.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So I've been reading homestuck for a while, not entirely crazy over it, but still interested enough to reread it casually to find out what's going on with timelines and such. Reading the MSPAWiki articles helped a lot, too.
That's why it resulted strange to me today, that for the first time, I was actually annoyed at the comic.

"Oh, hey there Frigglish. He greets you with a sly, conspiratorial purr, almost as if he was privy to what you dreamt. Which is impossible of course."
Ok gently caress we know it the cat is important shut up about it already. And then whoop de loving do, the cat was a red herring all along, "OH HUSSIE PLEASE STOP TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS I HATE YOU SO MUCH UNNGGHH PLEASE SEX ME" posts all over the net... THEN SEVEN BILLION COMICS LATER hey the cat had bullshitium all along and ties these 4 other events together, which themselves tie into etc...

I'm wondering if I'm just being a shithead or becoming a bit bummed by the currently slow pace of the story. I'm just surprised that after so long, I finally started to view this thing negativelly, is all. Anyone been through something similar?

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 22, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Starmaker posted:

But yeah, there are some pacing problems definitely. It could just be that the switch in focus from the main kids to the Scratch kids has put you off somewhat.

Yeah, I'd think it has to do with that too, but it's not the cat itself, it's that for the first time I found myself rolling my eyes at what's there written on the comic. I generally find the self referencing and subtle foreshadowing cute and clever, but basically "Hey, the cat is so totally important (He's not! (;D)))" rubbed me the wrong way a bit. And lately I've been seeing it more and more.

Tollymain posted:

You're just being a shithead, sorry. :v:
I honestly expected this at least 5 replies in. :(

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Starmaker posted:

I remember feeling the same way with the reveal that Aradia was dead all along...
I can agree with this post, a lot!
See this is what I want, some rational post, thoughtful and respectful! Not some random dude calling me out on my douchebag ways and-

Tollymain posted:

VVVVVVV: Actually, it is I who is the shithead :suicide:
Now I feel bad.
I am...
BECOME the shithead

(Really though, no harm done bro, don't beat up yourself about it :unsmith:)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Rhinoceraptor posted:

I don't know if I'm more amazed by this flash or that people other than me played the Bionicle game.

That thing owned loving bones and I regret never finishing it.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I like it that hussie didn't pull some stupid arbitrary new game mechanic out of his rear end and used something that was already established with the Sprite Revival thing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Maybe when Homestuck is done he'll release his notes. They start out coherent but soon devolve into mad ramblings, punctuated only by a single check mark, signifying that this plot development will indeed piss off respected Tumblr User ManvsHomestuck.

Andrew Percival Hussie was not superstitious, but he did believe in omens, and he sat right back down behind his desk and made a cryptic notation on his memorandum pad to look into the whole suspicious business of the Manvshomestucks right away. He wrote his reminder to himself in a heavy and decisive hand, amplifying it sharply with a series of coded punctuation marks and underlining the whole message twice, so that it read:
Manvshomestuck! ! ! (?) !

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I'm concerned about what meaning it might have that calliope has a red sun and green blood. Also pieces of the meteor and of humanity floating on some red thing. Might be similar to how pieces of Scratch's home were floating on green stuff.
Does this mean uu gets a green sun?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hey, what's the song title for the one used in the kickstarter video? I can't get it out of my head.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 27, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
You know I really like something about the caliborn thing. I always assumed Lord English had his time powers and poo poo from the get go, like an entity that always was all powerful. It's actually some dude who cleverly used SBURB to give himself power.
All the possible insanity regarding cherubs notwithstanding.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just reread a couple of pages due to boredom and got to Caliborn: Enter, and have a question.
So we know Caliborn makes his kernel absorb everything, including him, and the red sun next to his home (Which creates the shape Calliope had horrible visions of), which somehow makes a black hole, and also somehow gives him the power to be LE. What I don't understand is what was going on with the kernel sprite? He just sits there and lets it go insane or poo poo. Why does that happen? Has it been explained, hinted at, or is it something to be revealed?

Edit: Wow, Caliborn enter is JUST before the first meenah walkaround. It feels like years.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Man it was worth the wait. I wonder if this is Bec Noir's weakness?
Also what ^^ said.

Unfortunately, the downside to this is that we will never know what the Mcconaughey's like.

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 3, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So I was thinking about how this whole chapter seems to be about moving on and growing up. Terezi has had a pretty neat development lately, which is losing her self esteem, doubting her own worth. When Aranea offered to restore her vision, she was still pretty confident in her skills, and said was better with her lack of vision. But since she seems to be doubting herself, what if she at some later point took Aranea's offer? Could it be that she's hiding her restored eyes under the suit's hood?
Maybe it's stretching it too much, but I feel that having her most notable feature (eyes) hidden could be used for something.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I personally always thought Rose was boring, but lately she's been getting better. Can't wait to see where this goes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
What I really want to know is why there's a sprite of Aradia smoking a huge blunt.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Professor Japanesename will be the bad guy behind the bad guy.
This is it, Homestuck's greatest enemy is lovely fan fiction characters.

It all makes sense.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Now I hope caliborn's juju was a pumpkin.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The play button when right clicking didn't get unchecked for a while.
This means it isn't looping.
:stare:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
No matter how you put it this has all been hilarious.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
The beauty of being a lazy gently caress is that people beat you to your ideas.
Wonder how hussie'll handle the Corrupt Game story. If it's anything like I thought, awesome 4th wall breaks via the magic of HTML5.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wow, this transformation scene has been going on for 3 days now. Hope we get to it and/or see something else soon.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
So is john in here or...? I saw a blue figure with a hoodie floating close to aranea in one of the first zoomed out panels, but since I couldn't load any more I assumed they would reveal him being there, unless he already was shown and I completely forgot.
So yeah, what's his deal?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Recently I started to notice how much I've missed the headbutting characters in Hivebent, and the more self loathing fatalist mood. A boisterous Vriska that thought she was luckless and blamed everything but her, Karkat's past/present/future logs, etc.
(also it seems that was from when death had some actual impact I guess)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

Words about stuff from acts previous

Yeah, this sums up how I feel about that part of the comic. poo poo was fun and entertaining, and the trolls were all talking to each other which made for great character interaction and chatlogs. Wish we could get something like this again, but it seems we are past the point of no return, and since the motif of HS is growing up/moving on, I doubt we ever will.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
At least we know that there's pretty much no way Terezi isn't getting off on that somehow.

:unsmith:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Karkat never got a better weapon than the Homes Smell ya Later? Then it must be THAT good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Man to think I started reading at around a month before the Doc Scratch intermission, and part of it in France. I think the first thing I did after I came back to my home country was play the "Past Karkat: Wake up" flash cause it wouldn't load on that lousy internet I had.

It feels kinda weird, having missed the zeitgest of fantrolls and Homestuck oversaturation on the net, but seeing the fallout. Can't say I won't be a little sad about it ending, but thank god, it's been years now.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I really find it hard to believe that people managed to skip pesterlogs and still trundle along the rest of the comic. I feel it's kinda like, I dunno, gazing at the pages in a book or just letting the movie go on while the characters talk. It feels weird.
Not accusing you of anything, I just find it particularly strange v:shobon:v

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I don't know why but this panel has always stood out to me because of Karkat's face in Karkat <3 Nepeta, like a very extended groan.
Also the trailing "oh noooooo" with Vriska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I think they have a great style and looseness and I think the Jake one is absolutely hilarious. Reminds me a lot of humanimals and that's never a bad thing.