Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

I think about food literally all day every day. It's a thing.

Paul.Power posted:

Don't Japanese and Chinese have multiple alphabets? You could switch back and forth between them haphazardly maybe.

They do. But as discussed in the translation projects wiki, an alternation between multiple alphabets would be terribly confusing to both write and read. Switching between bold and non-bold characters and/or changing the font size sounds like a better choice, as far as both translating and reading goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

Giant Boy Detective posted:

This is a longshot, but does anyone know if there's a collection of all of the Homestuck pages in zip form or something that can be saved and viewed offline?

Me and the boyfriend will be on a 6 hour flight later this month, so that would be a great time for him to catch up from where he left off in Act 5.1, except for the problem of lacking internet on planes.

I found something like this a few months back, during the EOA5 hiatus. It was an offline archive with everything up to Cascade. So basically the entire site with all its subpages downloaded as .html files in some way. I can't find that zip now though, so I guess the user who originally uploaded it took it down for some reason.

I'm not sure if there is any legal issues regarding an archive like that, though, but perhaps some poster in here has a clue?

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

English Romantic poet you say? :ninja:

I just realized that nearly the entire comic is written in the English language. English, as in Lord English.

He is already here, the entire time.

:aaa:

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

You can play the beta even without pledging 50$ through a bug. Can I post it here, or does that count as :filez:?

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

Clowns are funny and death isn't funny. They just cancel each other out.