Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Anyone else think that trashy romance book Rose snatched from Meenah is troll 50 Shades of Grey? Meenah said she was getting hot and bothered by just the title. Just a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

One thing I really liked about this flash is Karkat's conversation with Terezi. He managed to say exactly the right things to her.

Anywho, the whole thing with the fact that a Hero of Hope is supposed to defeat whatever bad guy scarred Cronus made me realize that Jake is able to fully utilize the gun that Hussie says is apparently LE's weakness, or at least he would be if he were to be given the needlekind strife specibus.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

But Bilious Slick wasn't in the kids' session. And at the time the sky was all dark and stormy due to Rose's decent.

This makes me think this may have been something to do with the troll session.

At the very least it's a bait and switch, with the sky being the switch.

e:f,b

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I don't remember where it was stated that Jack can't do the teleport thing in the furthest ring. I know Jade says she can't do the teleport thing on the boat because she's cut off from the green sun in Hussie's mansion, but I don't remember that inability applying to Jack.

With that said, I think On-The-Ball John is one of the few characters without green sun, space, or time powers who could go one on one with Jack, telestab or not.

John has the power to control wind, which is ubiquitous on the battlefield. He can hit Jack anywhere, even if Jack is behind him.

And there's the Vrillyhoo popomatic hammer, the dice in which gave Vriska the ability to go toe to toe with Jack.

I say he has a drat good chance.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

jonjonaug posted:

Would a dream bubble hammer have the same offensive properties as the real thing though? The last couple of walkabouts have made me a little fuzzy on how this would work.

Well everyone seemed to think that Meenah's 2x3dent was able to hurt or kill Roxy's dreamself.

Honestly I don't see why it wouldn't hurt Jack.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Mazerunner posted:

Useful knowledge.

Alright then, thanks for the refresher.

Well, considering Jack can move at nearly the speed of light, he can still move fast enough to be a big threat to John, but he won't be able to do the sort of portal shenanigans he used to kill Dave.

But again John has the abilities needed to completely deny Jack a safe angle of attack.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Jack and PM are flying in the wake of the meteor, they can't catch up because they can only go as fast as the meteor, not faster.

Rose is likely sleeping.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm so glad this was only mildly awkward, and didn't go full blown awkward.

Yet.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Tavros brings up a good point, there always IS another person worse than the obvious big bad.

Perhaps Gamzee will figure out the process that gave Caliborn his powers or something even more dangerous.

Though poor Tavros, even in death everything conspires to poo poo on him.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Oh man, drunk Rose is going to be awesome.

Though I'm wondering about her wardrobe change a bit, is this a function of the god hoods or did she alchemize her outfit with something?

Akett fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 23, 2012

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Most glorious psycheout ever. Hussie is an ubermensch of trolling.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm beginning to wonder if LE going to be defeated by the suggestion box opening.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The new prisoner is mentioned to be a girl and is clearly Roxy.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Dude, immortal doesn't need to mean unageing.

And you can curse here on SA.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Y'know, I was thinking Gamzee was going to try to steal the jujus from Jane.

If he does try to steal it now, would he be able to go into trickster mode?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

In all the excitement I almost forgot about A6A5A2. Welcome to hell! :shepicide:

Don't worry, I'm sure it's just going to be an act explaining what the gently caress just happened. That or another one panel act and we'll remain just as confused as before.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

toxic8aker posted:

Schadenfreude.

I see your Schadenfreude and raise you Gesamptkuntzwerk(total work of art).

Tad off topic, but this guy's video about Dark Souls explains the word better than I could.

Akett fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 21, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Hey wait a sec, the huge explosion is on the far side of Prospit from the moon chain, yet on the next page Jack looks like he's at the base of the chain.

I wonder if that has something to do with how LE is always already here.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Seems more like something Caliborn would write than Calliope, I get the sense she would not write so stiffly.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think Skulligan Malone is the clear best name here.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So whatever that thing is it has to do with time because it's Aradia that's moving it. I wonder if using it starts and/or ends the story or something.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

That reminds me of a thing I saw months ago which I had to remake because tubedubber is a piece of poo poo.

The version I heard months ago (doesn't work for me now): http://tubedubber.com/#zGgZk3yF8b4:iQru7oCdYXA:0:100:0:0:1

The best version I could cobble together: http://tubedubber.com/#zGgZk3yF8b4:qrVYxsQ7IBM:0:100:0:1:1

If you're lucky tubedubber will lag a bit with either the song or the video and the thing will synch up properly. Most likely you might have to refresh once and then play with the start time in the audio options before realizing the first words of the song need to be cut off in order for the video to not cut off the punchline at the end. loving tubedubber.

Akett fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 5, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It's interesting to get a sense of scale for English with this. I'd had the impression he was more around one and a half times as tall as one of the adults or the Midnight Crew, not three times their height.

Akett fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 7, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I wonder what was making Terezi look so happy.

It's so weird seeing her without her glasses.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Wouldn't he have said something by now if he were going back on hiatus? He usually announces the things.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

It's interesting how Vriska, trying to harm Terezi, gave her a new way of seeing the world and a way to interact with her unborn lusus, and Aranea, trying to help Terezi, gave her two years of pain and self doubt.

I'm beginning to wonder if the other spidertroll is meant to be the hidden villain Tavros was talking about and she just doesn't know it.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I know that, but this focuses more on the results than the intentions, and even the fact that Terezi consented to the healing is part of the situation reversing. Vriska blinded Terezi against her will and ended up helping her. Aranea healed Terezi with her consent and ended up hurting her.

Perhaps villain might be the wrong term, but it might be interesting to see if Aranea ends up doing more harm than good with nothing but good intentions.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Akett posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if the other spidertroll is meant to be the hidden villain Tavros was talking about

I called it? Huh.

e: Okay, maybe not in those exact words, but I caught something or other.

Akett fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Sep 3, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Jade remembering Calliope but also not having met her yet might be due to dream Jade meeting Calliope after this conversation. The Furthest Ring is kind of known for having crazy time and space shenanigans.

Or Calliope is lying, Occam's razor.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The hell? One second there was a page showing Dirk regaining a fakeness bar, the next the page is gone.

Worst part, it could be intentional given how meta Homestuck gets sometimes.

e: Oh, it must have been rolled into the page with the hope field.

Akett fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 3, 2013

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The PYF Homestuck fanart thread died a quiet death a couple of months ago. The last post was made on June 12th to mention that this thread had reopened because a hiatus had ended. I remember seeing at the bottom of the last page in PYF.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Blackheart posted:

With an Ampora.

What'sa matter? Salty?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

They released LOFAM3. I haven't listened to all of it yet, but the stuff I've listened to is good.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Somehow Equius looking happy in that last panel is the creepiest he's ever looked.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Eiba posted:

The people who didn't abruptly die are the most interesting parts... Rose/Roxy? Are they the only kids still alive? Besides whatsername. Not-Vriska.

Rose is pretty dead, though she might be alive enough to get out some last words. Aranea was getting choked pretty hard by HIC. I think the only kids left at this point are John, Roxy, and Dirk.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Rose Spirit posted:

Neither Gamzee nor Rose got the Heroic/Just screens like the other three did. They're still okay (for now).

It's not known if Gamzee is proper god tiered or if he's just cosplaying. I don't know if this fucks with Canon proper because now who raised Caliborn/Calliope?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Also, is Indie Roctopus who wrote the 200 page annotations? I liked him, is he still around?

He hasn't posted on SA since August, and hasn't posted in this thread or updated his tumblr since January.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I do wonder if Act 6 continues on into the new year - with the finale in April if we're lucky (for lots of content).

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we're still waiting for the end this time next year. I've noticed that Caliborn/Lord English gaining more influence and the story getting longer seem to go hand in hand. The first intermission was where we first heard about Lord English. Hivebent and the trolls are only in the story because Lil Cal needed to be brought into the Troll session via Jack to facilitate the creation of Doc Scratch. The act six sub acts started up right after we saw Lord English for the first time. Once Caliborn took full control of the narrative he instituted even more sub acts. Do note that Lord English hasn't properly arrived to the battlefield.

The story taking longer is a defense mechanism used by Caliborn/Lord English (the Lord of TIME) to put off the defeat that is demanded by the narrative. It's demanded because he is the clear villain. He is the cause, even if the cause/effect chains go long, of every bad thing to happen in the story. The sum total of his influence is that the story itself is calling for his defeat. But of course he doesn't want that, so he's giving himself all the time he can, abusing the pacing. Frankly, if we don't get a call back to this but with sub acts I'll be amazed. At this point we just want him to be defeated so the story can goddamn end.

Mind you John currently zipping about the narrative is a perfect counter to this defense.

While writing this, I remembered the fact that Lord English seems to have a familiar way of speaking. Now, if Caliborn isn't directly LE, what would be a more heinous act than corrupting our precious Mayor?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I think we're about to get a callback to Vriska asking Tavros to kill her off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I don't understand how anyone could miss that everything is glitched out, the loving skybox is missing.