Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
its weird. i came out of my all-day reading fugue convinced that there was no further epilogue-epilogue to come, even though typing the phrase epilogue-epilogue is incredibly homestuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

same, pretty much all the poo poo people are discussing sounds just too dumb, even for my tastes. i think im finally done with homestuck and no longer in the ironic "ha ha homestuck is so bad, am i right fellas" way

im outtie, cya dopes

sucks to suck, epilogue rules

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
homestuck 2

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

When Homestuck started I had just lost a leg to an IED and since then I've lost my other leg to a seperate IED

damm guess you're really homestuck

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Idk I really enjoyed this update

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Yeah, I've seen people doing that too, and it's a point of view I fundamentally disagree with. I think it's fine to criticize Neo Homestuck, I totally get why a lot of people hate it (I'm still on the fence myself! Could go either way at this point!). If someone doesn't want to donate to the patreon because they don't think the product that's being produced is worth the money* that's fine. However, there's a big difference between "I don't like this thing and thus aren't going to spend money on it" and "I think it's inherently wrong for artists to try and find ways to make their work financially viable."

Regardless of the feeling felt towards the product being produced, a product IS indeed being produced, and if people want to spend cold hard cash to see more of that product I'm glad there's a system in place that allows them to do that directly.

*(and even if you do like Neo Homestuck don't donate to the pateron if you're not financially stable enough to do so. This isn't a message directed at anyone in particular in this thread, I just don't want to feel like I'm guilt tripping people into putting the needs of content creators above their own. Being able to afford food is important. Also, don't donate to the pateron if you just don't loving feel like it for any reason what so ever, it's your money you can do what you want with it. Again, not a message towards anyone in particular this thread.)

Some neat stuff in there, but I'mma call bullshit on this line right here: To the story, and even to us, the readers, which Dave we get isn’t honestly that large of a concern. Do you care about the marios who died? No, you care about beating the game.

This is absolutely not true, many MANY readers absolutely do care which versions of characters live or die. Like, lots of people quit and didn't come back after Gameover because the versions of the characters that they had been following for years were killed off for real and replaced with a bunch of doppelgangers. And even among those who didn't quit there were a significant amount of people who found the whole situation pretty hosed up (I should know! I was one of them! Remember when one Roxy was killed off and instantly replaced with another one and everyone in story just went along with that? That was hosed up man! hosed UP I SAY!).

Heck, they recently referenced a story where a major plot point is WHY people would feel this way: In The Little Prince the titular petit prince spends a lot of time taking care of a beautiful rose whom he comes to love very dearly and considers very special. Then he goes to earth and finds hundred of other roses who are equally beautiful and realizes his rose wasn't special after all. Except, he later comes to realize, that actually YES his rose IS special, not because of some innate quality she posses, but rather because of all the time and effort he put into forming a meaningful relationship with her. That's the way relationships work, even relationships between readers and the fictional characters they read about, you can't just replace on rose with another seemingly identical rose and expect everyone to be cool with it (that happened in story! People reading weren't cool with it! A lot of them still aren't cool with it and never will be!) because they haven't had time to develop a bond with that rose which is what gives them a reason to care about what happens to her.

So in summary, my thoughts on that specific statement are best described by the following song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dxEk_2Hdo

i'm pretty sure they literally mean 'do you care when mario loses a life', not saying 'you don't care which version of the characters live or die'

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hahhaahah this comics loving crazy man I love it

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i cant parse this poo poo

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
homestuck

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it would be extremely funny if in like 4 years they just dropped 5000 pages of homestuck 2

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
it was extremely funny. I read those suckers straight through. I felt insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
at the edge of dreamless sleep that word echoes through my soul for eternity: update