Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You will not see Rodrigo next year in Benfica. If you do he'll probably get a massive pay-raise.

That guy is a monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ugh Benfica top of the league

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
:toot:

Here's number 2 from Cardoso:

And here's the 4th from Rodrigo:

:toot:

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Sporting is currently down 2 - nil to Nacional.

Hope they're eliminated, about time a small side wins the cup.

Still a second leg, isn't there?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep, with 2-2 Sporting has to win or draw with 3 goals.

Bojinov is bad, really really bad. How did he manage to get into Fiorentina, Juventus, Man. City and Parma? Even Sporting, he's clearly too poo poo for Sporting too! The man must piss snake oil.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Benfica beating Vitoria Setubal 4-1 and maintaining first place :cool:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
drat, Porto and Benfica just won't drop points...and we're playing Braga tomorrow.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Rio Ave's keeper is called Huanderson. <3 Brazilian names.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
braga - sporting is being a real turd

edit: although thank god rodriguez is back as CB instead of polga

edit2: gah gently caress onyewu and joão pereira combine to create a super retard and let braga score

edit3: gently caress my life 2-0

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 15, 2012

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Now I know why Bojinov has failed in every team he has ever been in, the guy isn't all there mentally. He had an horrible game in today's League Cup match, and when we got a penalty at the 90th minute he started arguing with Matias Fernandez (who's assigned to penalty duty) and refused to let him score it. After awhile Bojinov got his way, they let him score the penalty and...he missed, it ended 1-1. It's so ridiculous you couldn't make it up.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Now I know why Bojinov has failed in every team he has ever been in, the guy isn't all there mentally. He had an horrible game in today's League Cup match, and when we got a penalty at the 90th minute he started arguing with Matias Fernandez (who's assigned to penalty duty) and refused to let him score it. After awhile Bojinov got his way, they let him score the penalty and...he missed, it ended 1-1. It's so ridiculous you couldn't make it up.

After he pushed Matias away, there was no way fate/karma was going to let him score. Then the way he managed to gently caress up the last corner was just icing on the cake.

Matias' expression is the personification of wtf?

Wonder how much longer he's going to stay in Portugal?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsRoG7ROb6s

60 seconds it. It was hilarious seeing this live. Bojinov is so poo poo that Helder Postiga seemed a better player than him. I feel bad for Domingos Paciencia.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Sporting is a funny club. For awhile they had me fooled, but painting the grass green, the aggressive tunnel images, being caught lying over the images, the altercations between Paciencia and Braga, the ridiculous new images on the tunnel, the Bojinov penalty and of course no wins for six games in a row tells me they haven't learned a thing from these last three-four years. Never change Sporting, you make the league a much funnier place.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
The new images on the tunnel are awesome, shame retards (80% of the population) don't understand they are ironic.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

The new images on the tunnel are awesome, shame retards (80% of the population) don't understand they are ironic.

Do you think Moirerense got the irony?

OR Bojinov for that matter.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 20, 2012

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
They won't be there for long, it's just a response to the Benfica oriented newspapers that jizzed with that story in the first place; and I don't really care if other people get the joke.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
What's going on with the tunnel images?

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

vyelkin posted:

What's going on with the tunnel images?

Sporting had these images on the tunnels of the stadium.

That's some pretty aggressive imagery there(this makes Benfica decision of caging Sporting fans during the last Benfica-Sporting all more funny.), which ended up being leaked by a newspaper. When questioned by this, Sporting said that both UEFA and the Portuguese League of Clubs had authorized the use of images. It turns out it was a lie, it wasn't authorized at all and poo poo hit the fan. Benfica and Porto showed their own which consists of pictures of their old legend players and victories(And Pinto da Costa made a press conference to make fun of this whole affair), Sporting didn't let the journalists in. Now they finally changed. From aggressive and not very welcoming imagery to passive and relaxing sunflowers.

The thing is that Sporting and it's president are not Pinto da Costa and Porto, so they don't really pull off this ironic/mockery all that well, the image is just ridiculous and they got mocked by the media and opposing fans.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Electronico6 posted:

The thing is that Sporting and it's president are not Pinto da Costa and Porto, so they don't really pull off this ironic/mockery all that well, the image is just ridiculous and they got mocked by the media and opposing fans.

Ugh, right, irony is exclusive to the fat corrupt fucks in the North, Porto should switch their "old legends" hallway images with some Bruno Paixão, Paulo Paraty and other referees images since those guys probably had more of an hand in Porto's titles.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Electronico6 posted:

:words:

That's great, thanks for the explanation.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Ugh, right, irony is exclusive to the fat corrupt fucks in the North, Porto should switch their "old legends" hallway images with some Bruno Paixão, Paulo Paraty and other referees images since those guys probably had more of an hand in Porto's titles.

Not exclusively he just does it better and gets way with it more often.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Let's have a minute of silence for those that leave: Baba, the outstanding player of the season so far, carrying Marítimo to a fight for 3rd place, has joined Sevilla. I'm happy on one hand because it's increasingly apparent Sporting will be fighting for the 3rd spot with Braga and Marítimo so their weakness is our gain, but it's a shame a talented player could only shine for a couple of months before being gobbled up by a big team in a different league. Hopefully Bojinov joins him soon...

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
BabaBabaBabaBaba as I would say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOMe-8Tf1Y0

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Congratulations Eusébio! You gave us a scare last year but thankfully you're still with us :unsmith:

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Porto just lost 3-1 to Gil Vicente, what a bunch of fuckups. Guess it's Benfica's title this year.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Porto just lost 3-1 to Gil Vicente, what a bunch of fuckups. Guess it's Benfica's title this year.

Awesome, Benfica don't look to drop points any time soon, even while playing badly like yesterday.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Did I read right that Onyewu scored two goals this matchday? He's still playing as a CB right?

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006

GravityDaemon posted:

Did I read right that Onyewu scored two goals this matchday? He's still playing as a CB right?

Yup, they have been calling him Captain America in the press, been pretty solid.

Great weekend all around. Four matches from now we are going to have Benfica Porto, should be interesting (might be decisive depending on how the next matches go)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

GravityDaemon posted:

4 goals in the league this year so far.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
That's awesome, good for him.

Bojinov has been loaned to Lecce, who are 3rd from bottom in Serie A at the moment. I imagine if they stay up he'll be bought.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
El Commandante Lucho Gonzalez came back to Porto. Twente's strike Jancko (?) has come too.

Guarin went to Inter while Beluschi went to Genoa. Overall Porto got A LOT weaker, Lucho is old and Jancko is a dutch strike and they got this by losing two amazing midfielders. Vitor Pereira is ruining the club.

Benfica also got Yannick Djaló, former Sporting player who was meant to go to Nice in the summer but his contract was tied up after the window closed so he was not allowed to play for them. Sporting didn't want him too so his contract evaporated. He's.....well he's poo poo. He looked promissing but he's seen more in Caras than in football newspapers. He came for free so i guess he won't be a loss if he stays poo poo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Mans posted:

El Commandante Lucho Gonzalez came back to Porto. Twente's strike Jancko (?) has come too.

Guarin went to Inter while Beluschi went to Genoa. Overall Porto got A LOT weaker, Lucho is old and Jancko is a dutch strike and they got this by losing two amazing midfielders. Vitor Pereira is ruining the club.

I'm 100% sure Pereira doesn't oversee the transfers, blaming it all on him would be pretty short-sighted. Porto fans should be questioning where exactly all the transfer money they got from Falcao + Guarin/Belluschi is going, especially since Porto directors are the highest paid in the league... but yes, Porto have been weakened after this window, I don't think Jancko is the answer to their striker problems and Lucho was already getting old when he left for France.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Benfica fans/press who used to make fun of Yannick Djaló 24/7 are now applauding him in training and trying to spin it as the transfer coup of the year. Don't kid yourselves, he was poo poo at Sporting and will always be poo poo and I can't wait till you're all moaning about him loving up constantly. Also, where the gently caress is Sporting's money, when this is over in the courts either Nice or Benfica will surely have to pay the 4 million we were promised.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah i was confused myself. Djaló had talent but he wasted away and now he's mid table talent at best. The fact that he came for "free" (this won't be true for long) means he probably gets massive wages. The guy would be no one if he wasn't a pretty face and if he weren't married to the Floribela chick he'd be out of the spotlight without a single news reference.

Worse than that are the people comparing him to a "Perna de Pau", a form of ice cream that looks like this:

You get it? Because he's black!

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sporting CP - Académica is the final of the Portuguese Cup this year. Getting at least one trophy would mean this season wasn't a complete disgrace for us.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rodrigo, Nolito, Gaitan, Aimar, Cardozo, Jesus! Benfica is playing some of the most beautiful football i've ever seen. If we keep this up we can reach the Semi Finals of the Champs, AT LEAST the Semis. We are devouring Nacional.

Sporting is breaking my heart though. They have the team and the manager to perform better. They have the stadium and the fans too. But they keep floping. It's a crime that in a year were Porto is under performing so much Sporting isn't taking advantage of it. We could've kicked the Tripeiros out of the Champs league ffs!

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG

Bruno Paixão favoring Porto :psyduck: the same guy who robbed us of a penalty and awarded one to Gil Vicente after missing an offside call?

Yeah we clearly bought all our titles, if it weren't for evil fat corrupt Pinto da Costa Sporting and Benfica would win everything, and the great performances they put on every match and all the European silverware they've won over the last decade are clear proof of that

Mans posted:

Sporting is breaking my heart though. They have the team and the manager to perform better. They have the stadium and the fans too. But they keep floping. It's a crime that in a year were Porto is under performing so much Sporting isn't taking advantage of it. We could've kicked the Tripeiros out of the Champs league ffs!
Vitor Pereira is the worst loving manager how the hell do we go from 27-3-0 to this goddamn trainwreck of a season, the only player we lost was Falcao but all of the players are underperforming and why the gently caress is Maicon playing as a STARTER what is he even doing at Porto he is the worst loving defender
Which really just shows that the only 2 teams worth a drat in Portugal are Porto and Benfica because how are we in 2nd place when we're playing like this?

antpocas fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 11, 2012

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Gotta admit Benfica are playing great football. Rodrigo is fantastic, when he was on loan at Bolton there were sings of class and when he got back my Benfica mates didn't understand why I'd be upset that he got no chances on the first team, don't blame them since it's painful to watch Bolton play most of the times, but he's really blown up this season. Him and James are the biggest young talents in the league right now, Real Madrid must be kicking themselves that they let Rodrigo go.

e: Rather not talk about Sporting right now but the truth is I'm kinda used to it by now, chalk those 10 straight wins as a fluke on a season just like the previous ones. Can't see us getting 3rd really, Braga are looking fantastic after a shaky start and Maritimo seem to not care that they lost their star player, either Pedro Martins had the luck of getting a concentration of great players this season or he's a miracle worker.

Mean Bean Machine fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 12, 2012

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We're getting three CL spots this year right? If Braga grabs the third place and passes the play-offs they'll get enough money to cement them as a top team. Let's hope they don't become Boavista.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahahaha Domingos Paciencia, one of the best Portuguese managers out there, has been fired by Sporting! His replacement? loving Sa Pinto, a guy whose main achievement after retiring from professional football was fighting with Liedson and "helping" him convince that he should retire in Brazil. This is just so bad at so many levels it's incredible.

• Locked thread