Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

IF THIS POST ISN'T ABOUT GLORIOUS SALAZAR YOU MUST BE READING IT WRONG
What the gently caress is going on with Porto :( Last season we were quite possibly the best Porto team I've ever seen, and this season... the only player we lost was Falcao. Sure, he's really good, but that doesn't explain how dismal we have been, and I don't see how Vítor Pereira could've hosed up so bad in so little time. There has to be some sort of non-football explanation for the mess that is Porto right now. With Falcao being the only player out, and with the club having spent a lot of money on new players, I think that they might not be getting paid in full or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ugh, right, irony is exclusive to the fat corrupt fucks in the North, Porto should switch their "old legends" hallway images with some Bruno Paixão, Paulo Paraty and other referees images since those guys probably had more of an hand in Porto's titles.
Bruno Paixão favoring Porto :psyduck: the same guy who robbed us of a penalty and awarded one to Gil Vicente after missing an offside call?

Yeah we clearly bought all our titles, if it weren't for evil fat corrupt Pinto da Costa Sporting and Benfica would win everything, and the great performances they put on every match and all the European silverware they've won over the last decade are clear proof of that

Mans posted:

Sporting is breaking my heart though. They have the team and the manager to perform better. They have the stadium and the fans too. But they keep floping. It's a crime that in a year were Porto is under performing so much Sporting isn't taking advantage of it. We could've kicked the Tripeiros out of the Champs league ffs!
Vitor Pereira is the worst loving manager how the hell do we go from 27-3-0 to this goddamn trainwreck of a season, the only player we lost was Falcao but all of the players are underperforming and why the gently caress is Maicon playing as a STARTER what is he even doing at Porto he is the worst loving defender
Which really just shows that the only 2 teams worth a drat in Portugal are Porto and Benfica because how are we in 2nd place when we're playing like this?

antpocas fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 11, 2012

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Even though Porto has been playing worse than we've played in years (the only time I can remember it being worse was when Octávio Machado was managing us) we're still somehow top of the league ahahahah the portuguese league is poo poo and so are benfica

What worries me is Porto winning the league and Vítor Pereira staying :gonk:

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

vyelkin posted:

What you should worry about is Liverpool signing Hulk and Rodriguez.

...in my dreams...
I'm not worried about that, neither one was born in the UK

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Drogadon posted:

Porto dropping points is great, but would have been better if they lost.

A penalty in injury time to equalize...

Did anyone watch it? was it dodgy?

The only dodgy thing was that we only got 1 penalty

Vítor Pereira gently caress off and die

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

drat, almost Lucho :I

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Benfica allows Porto to draw 4 mins after their goal, starting to seem like they just can't beat Porto, a mental block akin to Real - Barca. Also, it takes a long loving time to post in the iPhone.
Yeah, we pulled ahead before you finished your post :v:

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Oh gently caress off Vítor Pereira ffs take Kléber off, ANYONE would do a better job than him, it's like playing with 10 men on the pitch

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Our defense is a loving sieve without Fernando

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Electronico6 posted:

Yay we're in the final for the fourth time in a row! :toot:
drat, the league cup is one of the few things I've never seen Porto win :( would've been nice to get our 4th consecutive victory at Luz too.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Mans posted:

Jardel would've cost you the game if Kléber wasn't as lovely a striker as Jardel is a defender

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Vitór Pereira really is a horrible manager, isn't he? Takes a league and EL winning side (albeit without Falcão) and proceeds to only be in the running for one trophy, Domingos Paciência must be counting the days until he takes over the club.
It's loving unbelievable. Porto was the 3rd strongest team in europe last season, I completely believe that over 2 legs we could've beaten anyone except for Barcelona and Real Madrid. We sold ONE player in the pre-season (although he was our best player) and suddenly we're complete poo poo. Maicon starting at centreback even though he's AWFUL and Rolando and Otamendi were rock solid last season. Maicon starting at loving RIGHT BACK WHAT THE gently caress WHY HE IS THE WORST loving RIGHT BACK I HAVE EVER SEEN PLAY FOR PORTO. Fucile turned poo poo and left and Sapunaru is poo poo again. Varela became poo poo. Guarín and Belluschi barely played and left. Djalma and Kléber are worthless, even Walter is better than Kléber. Hulk reverted into the ball hog he was in his first season. Iturbe doesn't play for some reason (if you're not going to play him, loan him goddamn it). And whenever we're winning now, we just stop playing. Vítor Pereira go back to managing Benfica's feeder club you loving ruined Porto

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Ahahaha holy poo poo we're gonna win the league again even though we're poo poo. I really hope Vítor Pereira doesn't stay though, he's terrible.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Yechezkel posted:

Porto clinches the league title if:
Porto wins 2 games out of the last 3 games.
Porto wins 1 game, ties 2 games, and maintains goal difference advantage over Benfica (currently at +7 over Benfica)
Goal difference doesn't matter, the tiebreaker if 2 teams have the same amount of points is head-to-head results. My god if we really do win this it will be just shameful, with the football we're playing

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Rio Ave 2 - 2 Benfica FT.

:toot:

I just hope Vítor Pereira leaves now.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Mans posted:

The worse part is that he KNOWS that they board can't really do poo poo to him. If he's fired he'll go to Porto while Benfica will fall back to hiring 2 managers per year.

How the christ did we lose the league 8 points ahead to a team led by Vitor Pereira :qq:
God I hope not

Benfica doesn't have a winning mentality.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Even the English commentators on the stream I'm watching think the ref has been ridiculous today, two dodgy penalties for Porto, loving hell, why do I still watch this loving league? Like the club isn't hosed up enough as it is.
I was at Dragão and I only watched the replays for the penalties (which weren't really penalties), but to me it looked like Sporting put in a Boavistaesque performance with regards to tackling, and did nothing else all match.

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Hurray, Sporting finally ended their 8 match draw and loss streak! (3 draws, 5 losses, 4 of those consecutive) Against Braga too, losing against them probably would've lowered team morale even more.

Benfica beat Rio Ave 0-1 and Porto won 2-1 against Académica. Moutinho scored a goal!

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Mans posted:

Porto will return to once again beat the poo poo out of (nearly) everyone in the Europa league and win it
If we don't make it out of that poo poo group fire Lopetegui

into the loving sun

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Apparently we have signed another #10. Because clearly Quintero, Brahimi, Óliver and Evandro weren't enough! Welcome to Porto, Otávio!

Also how the gently caress did we sign Brahimi for like 7 million euros or something, he is ridiculous. Best player in the league alongside Gaitán and Enzo (hope one of them leaves. THERE'S STILL TIME)

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

vonManstein posted:

And Guimarães managed a draw at home against Porto, all-in-all, a good weekend.
Frankly we were robbed. Referee treated us as if we were Sporting
In other news, Jorge Jesus managed to say "desprestigiado". Click the first audio thingy

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

He's really good but it was like €9m and that's a lot for an Algerian who played for Granada. Seems to have been a smart buy, but a bit early to be calling him one of the best players in the league especially when Jackson's been the best player for Porto so far this season.
one day you're going to look back on this post and think "how could I have been so wrong???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antpocas
Jun 30, 2004

Electronico6 posted:

If Porto loses will Lopetegui get deported right away to Spain? I mean, worse start than Fonseca I think.
I don't think he'll get sacked this season unless he manages to massively gently caress up but Porto hasn't been very good. We're not as boring as we were under Vítor Pereira but it feels like more of the same.
And for fucks sake if you're going to play with two defensive midfielders then play Quintero. Sure he's fat and lazy but he's creative and passes the ball better than anyone else we have. Rúben Neves is getting worse every match and Herrera is almost back to being what he was last season: a worthless liability.

• Locked thread