Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Dauntasa posted:

No. Those were literally the words he used.

I think he means as a whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glasgow
Nov 7, 2009

Must you betray me with a kiss?

Noblesse Obliged posted:

What is up with this emerging theme I'm seeing around the internet of "cuddles" being the hot thing.

I remember a news story about a woman offering "cuddling" services for money. And another post on these forums about some weird dude wanting to pay some woman to cuddle with him. (I can't remember if he wanted her to look in his eyes or not, either prospect was incredibly sad.)

Now this. Have we raised a bunch of kids, so obsessed with personal space and the spread of germs that we've actually made them crave physical contact in its most basic form?

Didn't they get hugs when they were kids?

I think you mean the dude who literally paid a woman for something excruciating like 8 hours of cuddling, and also she was supposed to respond in the positive every time he said "I love you." After the whole thing was done he expressed disdain that she hadn't made eye-contact, implying that they had been cuddling in some sort of really uncomfortable face-to-face position for 8 hours. He ended it saying he was planning to pay her again for the same treatment. I can't even remember where I read this but it was somewhere here on the forums.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Glasgow posted:

I think you mean the dude who literally paid a woman for something excruciating like 8 hours of cuddling, and also she was supposed to respond in the positive every time he said "I love you." After the whole thing was done he expressed disdain that she hadn't made eye-contact, implying that they had been cuddling in some sort of really uncomfortable face-to-face position for 8 hours. He ended it saying he was planning to pay her again for the same treatment. I can't even remember where I read this but it was somewhere here on the forums.

I remember that, I think it was from a screenshot of the gamefaqs forums.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Glasgow posted:

That's the one!

I'll contribute one. I can just see the fedora now.

Noblesse Obliged has a new favorite as of 07:41 on Jan 20, 2013

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

fork bomb posted:

I finally got one!

e: Found this in the active household services area of my local craigslist. Seems like someone has recognized it for the gem it is and recommended it go in "best of."

Whoa, a guy who can cook and clean? Sign me up! I'll bet he even has one of those newfangled motorcars.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Since the writing looked tiny in imgur, I'll go ahead and quote it, emphasis on the funny:

proofreading's hard posted:

ESTABLISHED TATTOO STUDIO IS IN THE SEARCH FOR A LICENSED TATTOO ARTIST , THIS WILL BE A FULL TIME POSITION. MUST HAVE CREDENTIALS AND FULL PORTFOLIO.MUST BE-ABLE TO HANDLE HIGH VOLUME, BE NEAT, CLEAN, WELL MANURED. VERY SERIOUS INQUIRY'S ONLY. PLEASE EMAIL FOR FURTHER INFO.holyground13@...........gmail

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Dauntasa posted:

No. Those were literally the words he used.

Wasn't that just trying to cover his rear end because he totally didn't pick up a 16 year old diaper fetishist in an abusive relationship from fetlife for sex?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Psalmanazar posted:

Wasn't that just trying to cover his rear end because he totally didn't pick up a 16 year old diaper fetishist in an abusive relationship from fetlife for sex?

Probably! I mean it didn't work at all because it fooled no one and even if he was telling the truth that's still really, really weird, but yeah.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Tardcore posted:

I remember that, I think it was from a screenshot of the gamefaqs forums.

Yeah, it was definitely in the old gamefaqs.png thread in games. Gamefaqs is almost as rich in batshit crazy as craigslist, but in a less murder-y way.

NurseRatched
Feb 5, 2009
Just plain weird:

And a good laugh:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

And yes, the website is a whole other nest of crazy.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

hyperhazard posted:

And yes, the website is a whole other nest of crazy.

Equine therapy in general is probably the most expensive and well regarded psuedo-science that has been scientifically proven to be absolutely worthless. She just found a way to put that poo poo up to 11

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
My town has the most... interesting personal ads. I thought the Reptar-fetish was bad but this one really stands out as the most shocking.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Another Bad tattoo shop hiring ad. I am not a tattooist. Tattoo studio ads are just usually pretty funny, so I click on them.

quote:

Tattoo artsit (destin/fort walton-florida)

It's time now before spring break start we at just do it tattoo and island ink hiring for the season tattoo artist /body piercer throghou out the summer grate money ...good portfolio needed must have a shop experian
please if you are interested and want to make lot's of money this season please call jackie at 850-624-5722

Although, it's still not as funny as "well-manured" to me.

And the lost real-doll ad was still up last I checked lost and found. I'm wondering if they are just collecting responses from people.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lawlicaust posted:

My town has the most... interesting personal ads. I thought the Reptar-fetish was bad but this one really stands out as the most shocking.

'I wanna be a daddy! Just no uggos or fatties. Also, no I won't pay child support.'

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Found this recently and I really want to create a thread about this in Games but I feel like it might be not well received:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

I do part-time work on a pig farm. Nothing that a pig can ever do will be sexy, and I suppose this goes double for when it's a fat chick imitating one.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

nutranurse posted:

I do part-time work on a pig farm. Nothing that a pig can ever do will be sexy, and I suppose this goes double for when it's a fat chick imitating one.

Fetishes are not rational. However, they can be hilarious.

Great Horny Toads!
Apr 25, 2012
Not crazy, but:

Sexapalooza is looking for a funny, charismatic male to be our "Mr. Dickhead". The successful applicant will wear a penis costume and walk around the show interacting with attendees, take photos with them, come on the main stage for short periods if required, and overall be a happy, interesting part of the show.

There will also be some manual labour in the form of moving props on and off the main stage (a mattress, pole, chairs, ect.), and in helping with tear down of the show on Sunday.

Applicants must be under 5'11" and no more than a size large t-shirt to fit into the costume.

Hours are:
Thursday Feb 21: 6pm-10pm
Friday Feb 22: 6pm-11pm
Saturday Feb 23: 1pm-11pm
Sunday Feb 24: 1pm-9pm

Pay is $10 per hour, paid cash at the end of Sunday.

Applicants should apply with a brief letter explaining why they would be good for the position, their size and height measurements, and at least 2 photos of themselves.

I am too tall for the damned suit...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

These are probably the strangest ads I've seen from my area on craigslist.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

I feel bad for Patricia. Usually kids will go with a friend to prom if they don't have a "date" date. This craigslist ad means she either has no friend group or they all paired up and she was the odd one left out. :(

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

fork bomb posted:

I feel bad for Patricia. Usually kids will go with a friend to prom if they don't have a "date" date. This craigslist ad means she either has no friend group or they all paired up and she was the odd one left out. :(

At 5'3 and 250 I'm inclined to think she ate them all.

Oilfield Trash
Mar 28, 2013
Oldie but a goodie:

Oilfield Trash has a new favorite as of 12:41 on Apr 19, 2013

Jesoteric
Apr 4, 2010
What is it about horse paintings?

I want to know the story behind this one.

:gonk:

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude
Found this in general labor. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/lab/3759903216.html

quote:

Are you Big Tall and Powerfully incredibly Strong? Big cash Read on (San Diego)
Are you Big, tall and incredibly powerfully strong? 500 cash for one day spent with me

Are you 6ft2 or taller? 250lbs or heavier?

Are you an open minded cool man? If so, this could be for you

I pay unusually powerfully strong men to lift and carry me in various ways

I'm 5ft8 205lbs of solid muscle, former powerlifter, mature man 51 yrs, and I PAY for Physical strength.

There would be nothing illegal, unethical, oe sexual going on whatsoever

I simply love feeling muscled/physical strength lift and carry me in various ways.

The taller and bigger you are, the more interested Ill be in paying you.

If your a weightlifter, powerlifter, worlds strongest man type, or just plain ole naturally strong as an ox, please reply.

I've been doing this for years and have many men that I pay to do this for me...and all are Straight guys....once you meet me in person, you will have no doubt that this is sincere.

I know this is odd, but it's an EASY way for a strong man to make xtra cash

send a pic of yourself, include your height weight, a short description of your Physical strength ability. Include your email address and contact nmber, best time to reach you.

I'll pay bonus cash besides the 500 depending on how strong you are..Ill go more into detail about that once we talk.

This is not a job, just a way to make xtra big time cash for being strong

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Here's some gems from a previous thread:

moistninja posted:

Are these funny, stupid or both? I really like the idea for this thread and am surprised we aren't seeing more...

Mick Swagger posted:

It's hard to sift through all of the chaff.

Anyway, vintage 2010:

BumbleChump posted:

This one isn't so much the ad itself, but the keywords they use to get the most views. Did someone actually type all of this out!?

Manofmanusernames posted:

Lot of VHS tapes - FREE!

Date: 2012-09-30, 11:47AM EDT
It's finally happening. This is the moment you have been waiting for your entire life. What's that, you ask? Peace in the Middle East? Well. no. Official word on the Arrested Development movie? I wish! An end to the seemingly insurmountable polarized political climate that has stymied any conceivable progress in our country? Ha!

It's none of these things. But here's what is happening--I am FINALLY getting rid of my entire collection of VHS tapes. Hear me out.

As a kid, I was a huge nerd (or nerdette, as the case may be). A nerd who was obsessed with TV. It's probably inconceivable these days, but there was a time when a kid like me didn't have access to every episode of Full House at my fingertips. Viewers were slaves to the TV lineup. You either saw that episode of Alf when it aired or you had to find out what happened from your classmates at school the next day (for shame!). Armed with my family's VCR, equipped with a state-of-the-art auto-program function, the world was my oyster. I could tape things! And tape I did.

Now you can enjoy such classics as Edward Scissorhands, Children of the Corn, Pretty Woman, and The Great Muppet Caper. But that's not all!! The real beauty of these tapes are the hidden gems that lie within. You may think that you are just watching an ordinary version of Ghostbusters taped off HBO, but stay tuned! After the movie you might be treated to an episode of Growing Pains, followed by a snippet of The Sting! The Sound of Music may be great in and of itself, but think how much improved it is when it's followed by part of Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards from the 1990s and a few choice episodes of The Real World: Season 1! You may pop in Flatliners, only to find out how touching the series finale of Dawson's Creek really is. (Spoiler alert: Jen dies!) These tapes are replete with random episodes of TV shows and snippets of movies. Are you in the market for a VHS tape full of nothing but Buffy, Will and Grace, and Beavis and Butthead? You found it!

Some of the tapes will baffle you with their randomness. Pop in an unlabeled tape and see what you find! It just might be a mish-mash of Behind the Music: Jessica Simpson, South Park, the Jon Stewart Show circa 2004, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and some strange VH1 show starring Pauly Shore.

Did I alienate you with the Pauly Shore reference? Please keep reading. I swear whatever that show was, I did not tape it on purpose. But you know what I did tape on purpose? Every single episode of The Adventures of Pete and Pete. There, have I won back your trust and respect? Probably not.

Have I mentioned the news clips and commercials?? Sometimes they are better than the movies! We are talking references to the Clinton presidency (good times!) and the Unibomber while he was still at large!! If you have no idea who the Unibomber is, please stop reading. . .you do not deserve these tapes. The commercials for the "new" Honda Accord will make your own car seem like a friggin' DeLorean. (And yes, Back to the Future is on one of the tapes.)

There's also some personal history in there. If you are really diligent, you might find the news clip that features my sister's 4th grade class in the background in Newark, New Jersey's famous cherry blossom park! My sister was prominently featured, although I have taped over that particular portion with Beetlejuice. But you can still see some of her classmates at the tail end of the broadcast, after Beetlejuice ends.

Words cannot convey how much you need this collection. Hell, I'll even throw in my old VCR FOR FREE with the lot. I'm pretty sure it works and I might even be able to find the remote.

You may wonder why I am getting rid of these tapes. The truth is, at this point in my life they mostly just take up space and prove to be a hassle whenever I move. I need to spread the joy to others who can more fully appreciate them.

Here's the deal: you take these tapes off my hands. I'm giving them away. I do not want anything in return for this kindness. They are conveniently packed into cardboard boxes for easy transporting. But you have to take them ALL. This is an all-or-nothing, take-it-or-leave-it deal. I will throw in the VCR for free.
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

inconsequential posted:

Weird that this should pop up only a day after finishing Krakhauer's Under the Banner of Heaven

Totally real and unedited, I should learn to avoid Cincy's personals section but I just can't stay away.

Dingleberry posted:

"I'm not gay, I just want to shave you."

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I have a bunch of fun new ones to add from my area that I've been saving over the last month or two.

There were pictures with this one. For the sake of my sanity and everyone else's, I did not save them.

Nothing sexual involved. But still, no fatties. Who would probably have the stinkiest feet.

:barf:

These next two are part of a set of posts that escalated pretty quickly over a few days. I really, really wish I had saved the rest of them:

There were several other by what I assume is the same girl that were even more out there. She posted on both cities' craigslist's (they are only about 40 miles apart and have some overlap) trying to get people to help her out.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

I gotcha, brother!

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

NO TALKING DURING THE SHOW lol

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Lewis Skolnick posted:

NO TALKING DURING THE SHOW lol

I gotcha, brother!

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
[edit] completely broke the tables and it was a dumb post anyway

Jesus Christ has a new favorite as of 05:33 on Apr 26, 2013

NoUU
Mar 8, 2013

The Stalker Stopper travels the country and puts an end to pesky stalkers.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

NoUU posted:

The Stalker Stopper travels the country and puts an end to pesky stalkers.

But who stops the stalker stopper?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

FirstAidKite posted:

These are probably the strangest ads I've seen from my area on craigslist.

Let me tell you, I've been to Johnstown many many times and the first one does not surprise me at all. That place is poor as poo poo. It's like 40 percent old folks, 40 percent teenage hooligans, and the rest are police and drug dealers.

DayGloOreo
May 2, 2012

Fblthp had always hated crowds.

Lawlicaust posted:

Creepy Hobo

Is this Fayetteville NC? This perfectly describes a dude I have seen around my campus...

Some dude posted:

Cryptocurrency/Bitcoin Discussion Group (Oxford)
We are within weeks or months of a complete financial collapse and destruction of the dollar....if you doubt this then you aren't paying attention ... not looking to convince anybody of anything anyway.

Will Bitcoin soar to thousands of dollars in value as Clif High of the webbot project and Max Keiser believe?? Or will it end up on the trash=heap of history.....much to contemplate and much to debate.

I'd like to explore the topics of collapse, post-collapse, what is money??, will gold and silver be the only currency or money left standing??

The Russians and Chinese seem to be preparing for a Gold Backed Currency to step in when the dollar is no longer the world reserve currency.

How will we survive?? What assets will survive?? What are the elites doing with their money now??

Fascinating subjects.

Lets get together for coffee or lunch or dinner or the library or park.....this topic attracts AWAKE people. Sheeple need not apply.

Thanks. Let's talk and see where we are led!!!!

Rapist posted:

Need to be shaved? - m4w (chatham)

Gentleman with lots of shaving women experience. It's so difficult to do it yourself. I'm not looking for sex, and there is no charge. The pleasure of shaving you is payment enough. If you want to have somebody there to chaperone, I have no problem with that. Better still, invite a lady friend, and chaperone each other.

I do not do "landing strips" or trims. It's a full bald shave, with baby oil applied afterward.

And my favorite, not sure if it is a joke or not:

Ghostbuster posted:

Are You a Ghost Surfing the Web? - m4w - 38 (Triangle)
Documentary style program is looking to contact a ghost on the internet. If you are DEAD and reading this, please respond!

What is your name?
How did you pass away?
Why are you surfing the internet?
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splizwarf
Jun 15, 2007
It's like there's a soup can in front of me!

quote:

Sheeple need not apply. Let's talk and see where we are led!!!!

This is solid gold.

• Locked thread