Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Ramos is ever the grumpy old man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

MisterShine posted:

Ramos is ever the grumpy old man

You can join the unoffical Grumpy Old Man Malifaux club. You just have to buy the following masters

1) Ramos
2) Leviticus
3) Nicoderm
4) VonSchill

Also to bring something up.

If you are a Master of Malifaux and you see a Stitched pop Creepy Fog you cannot see through it. The smoke is only obscuring and not terrain which Master specifically refers to. This also confounds Hunter though if the Hunter pokes in within 3" of the Stitched inside, he can fire at him without the cover bonus.

Fog has the same rules as the Crooligan's Mist and something else on Rasputina's crew.

Ruling here: http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20035&highlight=creepy

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 24, 2012

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Done in MSPaint because :effort:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
See I have Ramos, Collette, and Kaeris...ie my grumpy old man is a pimp.

Backno fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 24, 2012

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I have Showgirls, Belles, Waifs and realized I have a problem with painting pretty dresses.

I used to paint space mans, what happened

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

MisterShine posted:

I have Showgirls, Belles, Waifs and realized I have a problem with painting pretty dresses.

I used to paint space mans, what happened

Showgirls are awesome. :colbert: There is nothing wrong here.

Whenever my phone finally sends the pictures to my email, I'll be posting pictures of my Colette crew. And also some Gakis in purple ghost dresses.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Doublepost, but I have a picture now! Some showgirls:

All together

And a select few individual models

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
gently caress magnets, just buy two sets of coryphee eh?

Anyway, I've painted up a dreamer crew these last couple of weeks, thought I'd share. Actually had it 'done' a bit over a week ago, but then when I gave my self a present of my next crew, alps were there. Though they're no longer broken, they're just effective now (and summonable my coppellius).

It was fun to both limit my pallete to almost entirely the purple triad (purple, pink and blue) except for the bases, and to say gently caress normal good choices I'm painting purple triad and gently caress you.

Next goal is to make my leviticus crew, but first I need to decide how to re-theme and convert them because I just don't like a lot of the original models. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

Those are really nice. Any chance you could put up a close up of coppellius? I really like how the pink coat came out.

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"

Wazzu posted:

gently caress magnets, just buy two sets of coryphee eh?

Anyway, I've painted up a dreamer crew these last couple of weeks, thought I'd share. Actually had it 'done' a bit over a week ago, but then when I gave my self a present of my next crew, alps were there. Though they're no longer broken, they're just effective now (and summonable my coppellius).

I'm just painting my Lady Justice set right now (for the awesome looking Death Marshalls) but your Dreamer Crew is exactly the crew I want :D

Care to let me know what sets / minis you bought?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

TarDolphinorShark posted:

Those are really nice. Any chance you could put up a close up of coppellius? I really like how the pink coat came out.

Sure, time for super close up show all my flaws ever photos!

I'm not actually totally happy with it. Tentacle pink, wash with baal red, fix with tentacle pink, then highlight with a mix of tentacle and skull white. But, as a friend of mine put it "He looks like he stole the jacket off some hippie" so I guess it kinda works.

Plus the eyeball was fun, even if hard to paint. Little lines of baal red to act as veins on the eyeball make it stand out just that little bit when looked at up close.

kilran posted:

I'm just painting my Lady Justice set right now (for the awesome looking Death Marshalls) but your Dreamer Crew is exactly the crew I want :D

Care to let me know what sets / minis you bought?

Check out my Lady Justice Crew earlier in the thread :D

My crew is made out of the dreamer box set (dreamer, lord chompy bits, coppelius and 2 stitched together), a teddy, the daydreams blister and the alps blister. Only conversion that I did was move the alps arms so they appear a tiny bit different....

Sure, Lelu and Lilitu are apparently much more competitive, but I just can't bring myself to take a sadomasochistic demon pair with the little boy.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Really like those daydreams, its what Im going to be shooting for when I get around to painting mine: Bright happy colours to contrast grungy nightmare colours on everything else

kilran
Jul 22, 2011

"I don't play the odds,
I play the man"
I remember now that I was really into the Dreamer until I saw Pandora's new avatar. Any ideas for a Pandora avatar crew?

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo
I don't like the painted whore look people give her where it looks like she used an entire can of eye shadow and lips made of sausages.

KSAF Staff Report
Dec 5, 2011

#acolyte faggot Hall of Fame
Ask me about trying to get published by The Black Library in between the minutes of Traffic Court reporting. Also ask me about having a game survival rate worse than the Infant Mortality Rate of Afghanistan
That bear, whatever the hell it is, is terrifyingly awesome.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
So I bought Book 1 today, and I'm starting to read through it. Are there any crews that are supremely awesome or utterly shitastic?

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Oxford Comma posted:

So I bought Book 1 today, and I'm starting to read through it. Are there any crews that are supremely awesome or utterly shitastic?

Hamelin and the Dreamer are probably the ones that get complained about most.

Also, your avatar is ridiculous.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Oxford Comma posted:

As dexefiend said, but in general the book 2 masters are harder to use with some have stronger tricks up their sleeve. I think most masters are generally pretty balanced in their own strange way, but the weaker masters would probably be ramos; and the gremlins are hard to use (especially as a first crew because they have some weaknesses that can be heavily exploited if you have no other options during crew selection).

Surprised you could buy book 1, it's out of print and normally hard to find.

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 28, 2012

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
There are not really any book 1 masters that are pure poo poo. There are some that are going to be harder or more expensive to get started though (Ramos).

Honestly if you are looking to play the game pick what ever master you think is the most interesting/awesome. Wyrd seems to be using the avatars and minions from book 3 to help out the book 1 masters and get everything more in balance.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
So I should just pick out whichever Crew I find the most interesting then? Cool!

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, most masters can be pretty effective, even in games where the goal isnt very well suited to them, they can usually take schemes that will level the playing field to their play style.

The most common mistake for new players is not playing with schemes OR strategies and just having a brawl. Game isnt balanced at all that way

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

MisterShine posted:

Yeah, most masters can be pretty effective, even in games where the goal isnt very well suited to them, they can usually take schemes that will level the playing field to their play style.

The most common mistake for new players is not playing with schemes OR strategies and just having a brawl. Game isnt balanced at all that way

Yeah, you need to use the game's given Strategies and Schemes when you play, or else it will all fall apart. The crews are not balanced for murder, they're balanced for grabbing points. There's murder-crews like most of the Neverborn and Guild, which focus on wiping out the opponent and grabbing their goals at their leisure later. The Resurrectionists try to outnumber the other guy, so they have spare dudes to go grab their goal. The Arcanists try to outmaneuver the other guy with their higher speed models, except Rasputina and to a lesser extent Ramos, who trade some mobility for the ability to lockdown enemy movement. This is all generalities, but the point is that some crews are flat out not built to be able to cause lots and lots of murder, compared to other crews, but murder is very rarely the name of the game.

Basically, yeah, pick your favorite! Every single Master has a bunch of cool options at their disposal. It's one of the best things about Malifaux.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Basically, yeah, pick your favorite! Every single Master has a bunch of cool options at their disposal. It's one of the best things about Malifaux.

Awesome! Slutty nurses it is then because I'm so painfully lonely the background story is very compelling.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Oxford Comma posted:

Awesome! Slutty nurses it is then because I'm so painfully lonely the background story is very compelling.

If you want slutty Collette wins hands down...

Sticky Beethoven
Dec 22, 2010

i'm good

Backno posted:

As an added bonus, the Showgirls' mechanics are based on infuriating your opponent to death.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Sticky Beethoven posted:

As an added bonus, the Showgirls' mechanics are based on infuriating your opponent to death.

Teleporting halfway across the map and getting free soulstones every turn is the best way to play. :colbert:

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Schmetterling posted:

Teleporting halfway across the map and getting free soulstones every turn is the best way to play. :colbert:

Absolutely. Showgirls are the best crew, let nobody tell you otherwise. :colbert:

That said, Seamus is great. Hi I'll be your Jack the Ripper today, would you like some extra gun with that?

Binbag
May 10, 2007
Colette is my first love in Malifaux, gorgeous models and a blast to play.

The only thing I would say bad about her, is that I do feel that when I'm playing her I spend a lot of time playing by myself and my opponent is fairly irrelevant as many of your interactions are with your own crew.

Slutty Nurses injecting people with fatally dangerous medications is my latest obsession.

High-heels and a flagrant disregard for health, safety and common sense makes for good times whichever side of the fence you fall on.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Backno posted:

Oh come on, it was just that one time that Cassandra got her tits out for Ramos...

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Combine slutty nurses with models like Sue and anything else with ShrugOff.

Ok, so Sue gets reactivate and will die at the end of the turn. On Sue's reactivation he shrugs off the drugs because hes motherfuckingjohnnycash.

Combine with Zorraida and a voodoo doll to get... 6AP a turn. Can get pretty irritating, but just sing Cash lyrics to your opponent and it will all turn out great

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Eyespy posted:

Oh come on, it was just that one time that Cassandra got her tits out for Ramos...

When I first started I picked Ramos because having a bunch of Steampunk Spiders seamed awesome. Then I realized he had Collette, Raspy, and Kaeris under his thumb and realized the guy was a loving pimp. How could I NOT love the man?

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
I went to Black Diamond Games yesterday to pick up Colette. It turns out that they have a ton of Malifaux stuff, half-off. I also got McMourning for $20. They have about fifty half-off blister packs of individual characters, so I may return today to pick up a few more (and none of you dirty goons had better get there before me, or I'll my next post will have a really disappointed tone to it.)

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Bah, I want cheap models. drat americans and your sales on whatever

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

MisterShine posted:

Bah, I want cheap models. drat americans and your sales on whatever

This game store does that every week. Sometimes its stuff like metal GW minis that are soon going to be replaced by Finecast. I have no idea why they're selling off some of their Malifaux stuff, since they have a very large selection of this game. Unless Wyrd is coming out with a new line.

On another note, what book is Colette in? She's not in the first rulebook and I'd like to read her fluff...if you know what I'm sayin'. :quagmire:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Colette and the showgirls were introduced in book 2, Rising Powers, along with Kirai for Ressurectionists, Hoffman for Guild and the Dreamer for Neverborn.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Randalor posted:

Colette and the showgirls were introduced in book 2, Rising Powers, along with Kirai for Ressurectionists, Hoffman for Guild and the Dreamer for Neverborn.

And Hamelin for the outcasts, as well as all of the henchmen.

I'm torn between having money and reading all the fluff...

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Does Book 2 have the stats for all the people from Book 1 in it? I was amazed at how massive Fates was when it finally arrived this week, but a little disappointed they only had avatars and a few others. Was also surprised the book is 80% fluff instead of rules, but thankfully it's not as bad as 40k fluff.

Some of the new guys they added seem pretty awesome too. Jaakuna Ubume I can see really pissing off some crews with her movement lockdowns, and I'll definitely be grabbing a Warden for Hoffman. Not sure what I think of the effigy's but I'm still reading up on the rules so maybe I'm missing something.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo
So just to confirm with you all. Summoning and Dreamer's Frightening Dream placement of the model is different, correct. Summoning says the model base has to be fully contained in the 6" radius. Dream says placed within 6" so Lord Chompy can toe in the 6" radius and still have most of his base outside.

I started with doing Frightening Dream with the toe in until someone said it follows the same rules as summoning so I started summoning 6" within. But more and more people are saying that it the toe in is legal.

Input?

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

EVIR Gibson posted:

So just to confirm with you all. Summoning and Dreamer's Frightening Dream placement of the model is different, correct. Summoning says the model base has to be fully contained in the 6" radius. Dream says placed within 6" so Lord Chompy can toe in the 6" radius and still have most of his base outside.

I started with doing Frightening Dream with the toe in until someone said it follows the same rules as summoning so I started summoning 6" within. But more and more people are saying that it the toe in is legal.

Input?

Pg 37 in the mini rulebook is what to look at. Summoning is completely within, Frightening dream is within 6". Therefore you can have your base rim 6" away from the dreamer, not even any of this toe nonsense. So you can have the dreamer put LCB in combat range from 11" away!

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jan 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

So I love Zoraida but hate the avatar model. Rules wise its amazing, but I dislike the crone from the maiden, the mother and the crone being turned into a cheesecake model. So after a bit of searching I grabbed a Nibaba from the Smog line and sat some of Z's voodoo dolls on its fungus shelves: