Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Nice to see a thread for this game.

I bought a Ramos box, Joss, Electrical Creation, and another pack of Spiders a Gen Con this year. Waiting for Christmas to see what all my wife and mother in law buy off my list (Collette Box, Coryphee, Mechanical Doves, Kaeris Box Set, Alt Ramos).

I also got to play my first real game last weekend using 2 of my other crews(Lady J vs Seamus). So far seem to hav 2 other people that are looking into starting crews :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

theironjef posted:

Oh well I tried to get in on this, but I guess they stopped making the guy I wanted? Am I wrong or is Hoffman off the table?

nm there he is. They were out of the model at warstore and wayland.

So... how is Hoffman to play?

Yeah several stores seem to be out of many of the box sets atm.

I got a bunch of bases for the Malifaux crews I will be buying after Christmas, a signed copy of the Rising Powers rule book, and a 5 pack of Teddy for Puppet Wars. Damnit Wyrd can I just sign my pay check over to you...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

kilran posted:

I've not played a wargame since, oh, er... when I used to play 40k about 15 years ago:eek: But one of my oldest friends is a keen miniature painter which naturally leads to him wanting to use his painted miniatures...

Anyway, I saw Malifaux in a thread on another board and was immediately taken by the minis. So after much loving around trying to make my mind up, I bit the bullet and picked up the Death Marshalls starter (because those Death Marshalls look awesome). I also bought a Peacekeeper because it looked bad rear end (only the thing comes in more pieces than a box of Legos... so I've now got to learn how to pin!).

I've bought my mate the Ramos starter for Christmas, so hopefully some time in the new year we'll start actually using some of these minis we keep painting.

I'm also torn... because that Pandora avatar looks awesome. But then I had my eye on the Dreamer / Lord Chompybits too... I guess I'll work my way through several crews, just because the minis look awesome to paint.

EDIT: gently caress, my brain works like the autocorrect function on my iPhone, i.e. badly.

I like how the 2 you have bought are the 2 that I own (Lady J and Ramos).

Also my order from the Warstore that I placed earlier this week arrived: Alt. Lady J, Alt Sonnia, Large Steampunk Arachnid :neckbeard:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
My signed copy of Rising Powers came yesterday, sadly I only got to see if for a little bit before the wife hid it from me (it's my xmas gift).

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Showgirls Box, Mechanical Doves, Croyphee, and Ortega Box are heading my way :neckbeard:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

dexefiend posted:

You don't want to play Ortegas. They suck. They can't do anything useful ... Other than completely shrug off all the wonderful things Hamelin can do. Seriously, how the gently caress am I supposed to deal with them? They can also blow up all my rats, and shoot my Rat Catchers in the face.

I am getting the Ortegas for 2 reasons. 1) They pair up well with the Guild stuff I have already (Lady J's box set + Executioner for $10 from a friend). 2) I am going to be getting Lilith and use those for teaching games.

I originally bought the Red Chapel Gang to face Lady J, but after getting the box I just did not like the miniatures from a painting stand point. And I thought what is the point of having miniatures for teaching games that are bare metal or just primed.

I just want my bases to get here so I can start painting dudes. The back log I am going to have once Christmas is over is going to be nuts.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

MisterShine posted:

Anyone else coming from 40k and the following occurs:

Painting your models up, then you slap some badab black on them before smacking yourself because bright colours are OK in this game?

Too much grimdark, I've forgotten what pigment is like

As an Ork player in 40k and Skaven player from Fantasy just the thought of priming with white is blowing my mind. I had to go buy some brighter reds and still need to get some brighter blues.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Pictures for the January releases are up on the Wyrd Forum.

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27328

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Everything I have heard is her avatar is god awful. On the flip side she is an awesome master who has tons and tons of info on how to play her. Karn on the Wyrd forums has done a giant tactica and been on the Aethervox talking about her for a whole episode.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
If you want to see the February releases The War Store put them up for pre-order

http://www.thewarstore.com/wyrdpreorders.html

Ghost Town Base Inserts

Witchling Handler

Rafkin the Embalmer

Alt. Marcus

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Wazzu posted:

Sorry to be daft here, but how are they feburary pre-orders when I know a person who already has avatar marcus (in Australia, so he wouldn't have gotten it at some con).

He probably bought it from a person who bought it at a Con or from a store that bought a few at a con. I know they had the Kirai avatar at Gen Con this year for example.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So I just got my Ramos Avatar today and they gave me a misspack. Instead of the single Arachnid swarm they gave me 2 :haw:. Now all I have to do is clean and put together him and the Large Steampunk Arachnid :suicide:.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
The cheapest and easiest way to get every single rule that is out for Malifaux is to buy both the small rule book (all the rules from the first book and Rising Powers in one small book) and Twisting Fates. The first and second big rule books at this point are only good if you want to read the fluff.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Crossposting from the painting thread:

So I painted my first mini in over a year. I am doing a speech for school on how to paint Ork skin and needed to make sure I could still do this.

Click for Huge

Total time on him was about 5.5 hours. Was nice to see I can still do this somewhat.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
See I have Ramos, Collette, and Kaeris...ie my grumpy old man is a pimp.

Backno fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jan 24, 2012

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
There are not really any book 1 masters that are pure poo poo. There are some that are going to be harder or more expensive to get started though (Ramos).

Honestly if you are looking to play the game pick what ever master you think is the most interesting/awesome. Wyrd seems to be using the avatars and minions from book 3 to help out the book 1 masters and get everything more in balance.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Oxford Comma posted:

Awesome! Slutty nurses it is then because I'm so painfully lonely the background story is very compelling.

If you want slutty Collette wins hands down...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Eyespy posted:

Oh come on, it was just that one time that Cassandra got her tits out for Ramos...

When I first started I picked Ramos because having a bunch of Steampunk Spiders seamed awesome. Then I realized he had Collette, Raspy, and Kaeris under his thumb and realized the guy was a loving pimp. How could I NOT love the man?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
March releases are out:

WYR1041 - Alternate Perdita - $10.50
WYR1042 - Avatar Perdita - $45.00
WYR5062 - Avatar Viktorias - $28.00
WYR5069 - Alternate Viktorias - $20.00
WYR1049 - Latigo Pistoleros - $18.00
WYR2054 - Dead Doxies - $16.50
WYR3052 - Swamp Mother - $35.00
WYR3053 - Gupps - $18.00
WYR0038 - Driftwood Docks 30mm - $13.50
WYR0039 - Driftwood Docks 40mm - $13.50
WYR0040 - Driftwood Docks 50mm - $10.50
WYR0041 - Driftwood Docks Accessories - $13.50

While there is nothing this month I plan to buy, I must say it looks pretty drat good.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Binbag posted:

Those Pistoleros are saying things to me.

Terrible things that remind me that I originally went to the shop for an Ortegas box. It's not my fault I got seduced by Colette is it ? I mean, it's only right that I pick up a full Perdita crew isn't it ? It's destiny, right ?

I mean, if you think about it, I owe it to myself really.

I bought both my Collette and Perdita box at the same time...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Now why are you assholes stealing my thunder :colbert:

I am looking forward to the Union Miners and maybe the Alt. Lilith.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

MisterShine posted:

Don't worry Eyespy, we know all the pictures of showgirls on your desktop are just for "research"

That is what I told my wife when she found the 6 GB folder on the hidden part of my hard drive...

When the new oath thread starts up I look forward to painting all my Arcanists.

Backno fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 3, 2012

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
I would buy some of those decks in a heartbeat.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
May Releases

WYR1051 Pale Rider $35.00
WYR2048 Simulicrum #29 (Avatar McMourning) $35.00
WYR2058 Alternate McMourning $10.50
WYR3054 Union Miner (x3) $20.00
WYR4047 Iggy $9.50
WYR5064 Leveticus, Avatar of Entropy $35.00
WYR3055 Effigy Doll - Arcanist (Arcane) $10.00
WYR4052 Effigy Doll - Neverborn (Mysterious) $10.00
WYR5070 Effigy Doll - Outcast (Hodgepodge) $10.00

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?30735-May-Releases

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Devlan Mud posted:

At least they aren't more hyper-sexualized women with whale tail and string bikinis.

And what is the problem with hyper-sexualized women with whale tail and string bikinis? :colbert:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Dominion posted:

All masters have Avatars in that they have stats for them in Book 3. They don't all have models yet, but presumably they all will soon. I think after May the only ones who don't have models for their avatars will be Hoffman, Colette (whose avatar is actually just 3 copies of her anyway), Hamelin, and Dreamer.

Also remember Gen Con is Aug. 16-19. Wyrd always releases a bunch of stuff during that week both at the show and on their website.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Acidix posted:

Same restrictions. But you could, technically, buy separate 100 dollar orders to get multiples. I did that, unintentionally AT the con by having no willpower and buying a ton of models in 100 dollar bundles lol.

When I did it my order was over 200 so hey gave us 2 and we did it only as one transaction. Granted it was at the convention, but I think they do that for both.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

EVIR Gibson posted:

I know people had a special kind of hate with some of the spiders and I think his avatar with all those spindly thin legs :-(

Avatar Ramos would suck if you don't have 1) a bunch of patience 2) good glue and 3) exp with metal minis. There is a trick to doing him, you just have to remember that the tiny legs are pretty drat flexible. So you basically test fit it with Ramos standing on some Sticky Tack and once you have 1 leg 100% set, set up the other 3 legs based around it. Also drilling holes into the base so the feet have more surface area to grip helps a ton.

MisterShine posted:

I hear a lot about steamborg executioners being a trial in gluing yourself to yourself and it

gently caress that mini, I put it together, saw the gaps, took it all back apart, and cut up bits of it for use in other projects.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

EVIR Gibson posted:

no. some of that space us going to be taken up by houses and sewers. you are good with one terraclips. now lots of people are finding theyneed two boxes of the connectors per terraclips set

You should really only need 1 box of the clips. If you are clipping every single connection point you are going overboard.

Dominion posted:

Anywhere know where I can get some Puppet Wars Teddys? I'd like to use them as wicked dolls because sheesh the real models are ugly.

Should have bought the 5 pack when they had them for sale a while ago :colbert:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Step 1: Go here http://www.crystalbrush.com/winners/

Step 2: Look at the Fantasy/Steampunk Squad category

Step 3: :cry:

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Lungboy posted:

I'm loathe to just use the slotta base as i forked out for the morgue base inserts :/

Another trick is don't cut the entire slot off. Leave some on the bottom of each foot and then just drill a hole into the base for each stub.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Signed up for 3 tournaments at Gen Con. I have played exactly 2 games ever...getting destroyed is gonna be fun.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

dexefiend posted:

I have made all the base inserts for my wife's Guild force.

Took about 2 hours to make all those. They turned out better than I expected, especially after sprayed black.

I wanted a clean base for the Guild faction. My Outcasts are on Sewer inserts, but that poo poo got expensive fast.

I also think a warm wood tone will go really well with the red faction colors.

Those look fantastic. What are they made out of?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
Here is the official post from Nathan

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?33728-Wyrd-Plastic-and-the-Neverborn-releases

God damnit Wyrd, you guys are gonna take all my money this year. Will have to make the choice of getting the wife an anniversary gift or getting an extra mini or 2...

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Flipswitch posted:

Had another game tonight against Seamus, played my Colette gang.

We had that scenario where it was to kill each others Masters using our own. Got the extra VP tricks going on and I had Sabotage and Colette's special one (harvesting Soulstones). Managed to attrition myself out just jumping across the board like a lunatic but lost out on the Soulstone one in the process. This game is bonkersly fun even though I'm only getting half of the rules for my crew and am still unsure on what some of them do.

Basically, what I'm saying is A Blinding Flash is amusing to pop and bugger off half way across the board.

The first batch of Ten Thunders have been shown today

http://www.wyrd-games.net/content.php?193-Wyrd-Plastic-and-the-Ten-Thunders

I love all the little dynamic bits they have. It's nice to see Wyrd making full use of everything being made of plastic.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

MisterShine posted:

Its all a drat trick to get me playing Ortegas. Yeah I know Death Marshals are Lady J, but I'd run em in Ortegas

I HAVE TO hit the $100 mark because I need a Death Marshall for my Ortega Crew (got rid of Papa Loco). So she will fit in perfectly.

My bill for everything is looking like it will be about $170 this year (Rule book, Hanging Trees, Golem, and Willie).

Also if any of you guys are going to Gen Con I will be playing in several of the tournaments. Granted I have played exactly 2 games of Malifaux ever, and will be getting crushed. But it's the only way I am going to be able to learn the rules.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
So I need to get my Ramos crew fully painted for Gen Con. Over the last 2 nights I have gone from 1 model painted (Ramos) to 9.

Took about 3.5 hours for these 2 last night

And these guys took about 3 hours the night before. If I have some extra time I will be going over them with a brighter metalic drybrush so they can stand out a bit more.

And HERE is the entire album with some WiP shots.

So I have 6 days to paint the rest of the crew, but I will be losing this weekend due to my niece and nephew staying the weekend.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Lungboy posted:

Guild and Ressers confirmed as not being at GenCon, and they won't even be available online. Not quite sure why they won't put them up for order to allow people to get the Miss model, but nevermind.

Where did you see this at? One of my buddies who does work for them was bitching about it being a clusterfuck. Now I see why he was pissed.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

Lungboy posted:

Only 6 hours left on the Evil Baby kickstarter if anyone was intending to get it. At the $55 level you get 3 models that come with 5 Malifaux stat cards between them, plus a Fate Deck and all sorts of other stuff too. Plus a game!

I finally chipped in for $55 a few hours ago. Will probably sell some or all of the minis depending on how much they are going for ebay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

LumberingTroll posted:

nice do you get all of that for $55?

From the kickstarter:

quote:

For our stretch goals, everyone at the $55+ funding level will receive everything added below. As we hit the Expansion Stretch Goals, everyone at the $40+ funding level will receive the expansions.