Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
Everybody: GET A LAB.
Oxford Comma: OK! (gets a a pit/catahoula mix)
This game looks sweet and is going to suck out of my wallet whatever WH40K has overlooked.

Oxford Comma fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 23, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
Oxford Comma: Hey guys I want a cool big dog to show off! I want it to be ~special~ like Thor but more couch potato-like because I got babbies in the house!
If I want to buy a dead tree version of the rules, which should I get?

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

Binbag posted:

If it's just the rules you're after, then the little rules manual is sound value for money. It has all the rules, non of the stats and no fluff, so it's a little dry but has everything you need to play.

I think the only big fat rule book I would buy at this point is Twisting Fates. All the juicy avatar rules are nice to have an idea about as they can radically change the nature of masters you might be used to playing against.

So Twisting Fates has all of the rules, then? Its not just an expansion that requires the previous rulebooks to use?

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
So I bought Book 1 today, and I'm starting to read through it. Are there any crews that are supremely awesome or utterly shitastic?

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
So I should just pick out whichever Crew I find the most interesting then? Cool!

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

gnome7 posted:

Basically, yeah, pick your favorite! Every single Master has a bunch of cool options at their disposal. It's one of the best things about Malifaux.

Awesome! Slutty nurses it is then because I'm so painfully lonely the background story is very compelling.

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011
I went to Black Diamond Games yesterday to pick up Colette. It turns out that they have a ton of Malifaux stuff, half-off. I also got McMourning for $20. They have about fifty half-off blister packs of individual characters, so I may return today to pick up a few more (and none of you dirty goons had better get there before me, or I'll my next post will have a really disappointed tone to it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxford Comma
Jun 26, 2011

MisterShine posted:

Bah, I want cheap models. drat americans and your sales on whatever

This game store does that every week. Sometimes its stuff like metal GW minis that are soon going to be replaced by Finecast. I have no idea why they're selling off some of their Malifaux stuff, since they have a very large selection of this game. Unless Wyrd is coming out with a new line.

On another note, what book is Colette in? She's not in the first rulebook and I'd like to read her fluff...if you know what I'm sayin'. :quagmire: