Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I'm excited for Marcus to get a boost and another faction. Mutation-mage sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ugleb posted:

I still havent played much of 2E but the random game length felt weird to me. If it happens too soon I feel like the game was cut short, then it might be dragging out a game if it doesn't.

It had a use: it made you focus on objectives every turn rather than spending 4 turns killing your opponent so you could do objectives in the last turn unopposed

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

jodai posted:

That sucks because the game is fun and the concept art looks really cool. From what I've seen, Steamforged has done well with preassembled minis, I wonder what the difference is.

Most of the stuff seems to have come in just fine, it's a small portion of people who are complaining that stuff was poorly assembled, warped or broken. I've seen one box out of dozens at my local game store that turned out to have problems. The problem is that people who have issues with models are going to be more vocal than those who don't, and the rare unlucky bastard gets more than one that has something they don't like and they scream bloody murder.

I'm also wondering if there were just specific runs where QA defects were allowed through for the sake of getting poo poo out NOW and worrying about replacing stuff later.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Wyrd is asking people to contact them if stores or distributors claim they can't get TOS stuff in stock. They will reach out to them directly to clear up the problem.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

FrostyPox posted:

I'm making the mistake of discussing this on the official forums and I'm starting to get the impression that playing Leveticus hyper-aggressively and utilizing Sanguine Evocation as a fool-proof retreat mechanism and for mobility isn't how other people played him, which is loving insane to me. I have some guy here saying "Oh I just shot at people with him in 2nd and that's what I do in 3rd" and it's an absolutely ludicrous notion to me. How do you win with Levi doing that?

The problem was more that Levi wasn't fun to play AGAINST when played like that, unless you knew how to build a dedicated counter to him and happened to have all the models you needed to do so.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

jodai posted:

From my own experiences, Malifaux is played by people who were turned off by hyper competitive players in other games. In my area, a lot of ex Warmahordes players ended up in Malifaux. The problem with that kind of community is that anyone who says "Oh, I win a lot with this combination of models" gets called out for being cheesy or using a crutch. Like, the desire to win games is seen as a bad thing and I don't think my old community was the only one that acted like that, either.

A lot of games have victory conditions of "hold points" or "kill enemies", so being able to create a combo that either makes you invincible or slaughters your enemy is key to winning. Malifaux, a lot of the game is based around deception while you do a number of things (that may or may not involve killing or holding points)... but that doesn't make killing your enemy or being invincible an invalid strategy. It DOES however make it less fun for people if they build to run schemes while you built a twin victorias build that will kill half of their crew by turn two. Because in that kind of game, it's like you are playing two different games, and only one of you is going to have fun doing it.

A killy crew can win by denying a non-killy crew the ability to gain points, but a non-killy crew rarely has the ability to deny the killy crew the ability to kill. So the "I want to win at all costs" people tend to run killy crews, which has half of the point of the game (interesting ways to win) vanishing.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

midwifecrisis posted:

I played my first "official" game yesterday, Molly w/ McM vs Viktorias. I didn't entirely play to the objective, I was having too much fun dicking around with Crooligans. McM is pretty satisfying as well.

Our lgs is doing a 3 week grow league in July I'm hoping to get in on.

I saw Molly take down the Viktorias on saturday - Molly is damned nasty!

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I got to play a bunch of 3e, and I liked it. It's main problem is that movement is literally king - a few masters with high maneuverability destroy any force with less movement abilities. Misaki and Mei Feng trounced anyone else in our scene unless you specifically set yourself up to counter them AND your opponent was dumb. Being able to teleport all over meant they could assassinate weak models to reduce the number of actions available to you, and there wasn't much you could do to stop them.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

I painted up Kaeris last year, had fun with the fire wings.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Happy fire gamin

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Electric Hobo posted:

I like the idea that a bunch of the gremlins are imitations of other figures, just crappier since gremlins don't really know what they're doing :)

Excuse me, you mean BETTER, right?

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

zerofiend posted:

There's major problems with distribution everywhere right now.

Global shipping is still all sorts of hosed up. Some ports they can't get ships unloaded, other ports don't have the cargo containers needed to load the ships, prices for priority shipping are skyrocketing....

Don't expect any small company to be able to get stuff to distributors reliably until stuff gets sorted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

JesterOfAmerica posted:

Is there any place where I can get an overview of each faction's gameplay style or is it more Master dependedent?

It's really master and keyword dependent. Each faction has a variety of playstyles in it, although some factions will have a few similarities across all of it's masters. Gremlins for example will almost always have more models on the table than anyone else.