Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Here's a good quick-reference card someone drew up:

And a general page of awesome downloads:
http://tabletopgeeks.com/malifaux-downloads/

Wood tokens like the ones seen here:

Can be purchased from South Paw Studios (also check out their basehugger status tokens). They're pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I went and bought the three Rider models, thinking I could do the Leviticus thing when his Avatar comes out, but then I saw his was listed as the fifth horseman. Anyone know what's up with the fourth one?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

That'll learn me to spend more than a minute leafing through the book.

Wish they had a better index in those things.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Those are good tokens. Everyone buy your tokens from Southpaw Art and design. Ravyn is good people.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just putting this out there to see if there was any interest: Our local club is having a big Malifaux event. Seats are sold out, but as part of the Walpurgis event, our locals have made up some custom decks and are selling them. There are fate decks and scheme decks. If you're interested, you could get your hands on something like:

Fate Deck:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Price is set at $10 per deck, plus shipping, proceeds going to our awesome gaming club. I'll get the info on the cardstock (the description I've heard so far is "beefy and plastic-coated, but lacking the 'snap-back' of the official cards" (whatever that means), but the guys who are making this don't mess around with bad swag, so it's bound to be high quality. I will probably facilitate shipping to goons, but I'm waiting to hear back from the tourney organizer as to how he wants to go about that.

The other deck, the Scheme deck:

Described as such:

quote:

Basically, it's a deck of 54 cards. There is a card for each of the schemes (color coded for the master and faction specific ones), with the text of the scheme and a common back. That way, you can put unannounced schemes face down in front of you, and announced schemes face up. I reckon it'd be handy to have them infront of you rather than writing them down or what-not. There are also double-sided cards for each of the strategies, with the text of the regular strategy on one side, and the shared strategy on the other.

The other swag people are getting for this event are MDF Gallows (available through Advanced Deployment after April:

And a custom mini (available after Walpurgis by Black Cat bases), the Plague Doctor:

Not to mention all the players get a set of Mantic Zombies, some sweet markers, and get to play on awesome boards like this:

And this:

It's gonna be a blast!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Yeah, if you guys want to go through that other thread, that's the more direct route. He's the guy organizing it all. I'm just spreading the word a little.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

EVIR Gibson posted:

It looks like he already made a post and it's on the Malifaux forums.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?30176-Custom-Fate-Decks-for-sale

and yes, it looks like they are shipping internationally for $17.

Hey guys, he's placing the deck order tomorrow, so if you want in on this get in on this pronto.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I've got a fluff question: Is the Aethervox supposed to be a broadcast sort of technology, or something that can be point-to-point or encrypted somehow to be used for private transmissions?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Cool, thanks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Woot! 4 (5) Horsemen list complete!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I rammed a copper rod from the base up mine to support the body because no way in hell were those legs going to support it.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Day One of the Walpurgis GT is in full swing!

Six games of narrative-driven Malifaux over two days, tons of swag, and three breweries within a short walk? That's just how we roll in the Pac Northwest.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Apart from the river and some of the 40k kits on the final few boards assembled, I believe it's all custom, done by the guys at Ordo Fanaticus. There's some pegasus kits on a couple boards, too.

If you guys managed to get your orders in on the custom card decks for this event that I posted a while back, they should have shipped already. I picked up my set this morning and I'm more than satisfied. They turned out really great.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

More photos from the Walpurgis GT. Better shots of the crews and terrain and whatnot.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Dominion posted:

A couple tables have a plastic multisection river terrain piece, with very blue water. I have seen that exact same piece sold on ebay a couple times and I assume it must come from a board game or toy or something, do you know what it is?

I can't remember the name of it, but I know the shop has one in stock, so I'll check on that tomorrow and get back to you.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I finally played my first real game of this tonight! That was fun! Crazy random not understanding what the hell was going on and basically having to trust that my opponent was both fully understanding his rules and not trying to game me, but I can certainly see the appeal.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

So I was digging around and playing with the crew builder, and how does one make the four horsemen list? I'm having a bit of a hard time figuring out how the whole thing comes together. It looks like it's 35ss with Leviticus, but is that the only Master option, and do you have to go through his Avatar to do it?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oof. So to be clear, to run this list modelwise I'd need all five horsemen, Leviticus on foot, two canines, and two steampunk abominations?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Wait, what are the canines for? Necrotic Unmaking targets enemy models.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Not running four horsemen (and their lil buddy Leviticus) isn't really an option for a four horsemen (and their lil buddy Leviticus) list. I don't mind if something comes a little later in the game. Definitely going to have to get those Waifs in there, though.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

No, I totally just missed the function of them, thanks.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I don't know how I haven't posted this here already:

Attn: Pacific Northwest Malifaux Goons!

There are still a few spots open for the 3rd Annual Walpurgis Grand Tournament! - "The Affair at Perfection Valley." May 4th and 5th.

Fifty bucks gets you six games in two days in beautiful Bellingham with a bunch of good guys. Tons of swag, prizes for winners, and, of course, we'll wind up at one of our many local breweries at one point or another.

Check out the thread there for more information and instructions on signing up. Whether you're coming up from Portland or down from Vancouver BC, we'd love to see you!

Here's just some of the great stuff you'll get for just showing up!

Looks like there's about five spots left, so get moving!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Aramoro posted:

I'm not going to attend because it's several thousand miles away in a different country. But! Where is that deck from? I really want some of those.

We put together a custom deck for this event every year. This year it was done in collaboration with the Through the Breech podcast. I believe they will be taking some to Adepticon.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Uh...I am nowhere near the PacNW and have zero chance of going to that, but can I just pay for a slot's worth of swag?

Nope! :v:

Seriously, we've got local guys working their butts off modeling and casting these things for the event. I don't think there are plans to sell any beyond Walpurgis itself. I'll let you know if that changes, though.

Fix fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pierzak posted:

Fix, can you get those guys to post the art from the cards if they don't plan to sell any more decks? It looks awesome.
(I don't mean cards for printing or anything, just the character/unit drawings)

It was all commissioned work this time around. I'll ask, but I'm not sure who owns the files at the moment, what with the sharing with TTB.