Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Im just happy I can pre-order Sue from my FLGS. There are better ways to spend my SS but none of those ways are Johnny Cash, so they fail pretty hard

Sadly this means no Tuco for awhile. Damnit, I want that cool hat in my gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Woo, got my Onryo and necropunks in the mail. Seamus will be happy.

Still waiting on my Nephilim counts-as models though

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Malifaux: Treasure Trail Hunt Strategy in Book 4

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

At least when Wyrd makes a top heavy model they make a giant pewter base for it so it stays on the table

ZOANTHROPES! :argh:

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I feel that avatar ramos really helps his crew, allowing him to build a hell of a lot more spiders

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Damnit they always get lost on my feed, thanks for the repost

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Pretty sure Im gonna get the five pack of teddys for my Collodi crew. Cute little death beasts.

Taking a lot of will power not to buy the stupid Nightmare Chompy, but I never use my Dreamer crew so its really a pointless investment

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Hmm, I was also planning on starting Levi as yet another crew.

Creepy old pervert train itt

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Anyone else coming from 40k and the following occurs:

Painting your models up, then you slap some badab black on them before smacking yourself because bright colours are OK in this game?

Too much grimdark, I've forgotten what pigment is like

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Well, it turns out the gazelle from Dark Ages I bought to use as a Young Nephilim is actually huge, so I spent the last little while ripping models from bases and swapping the wings around. Overall I think the Nephilim group looks pretty good and once I pick up another gazelle they'll be ready to hang out with Zorraida

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

You might get hurt by immune to influence models though, since all of your offense is going to be based on it really, or if your opponent focus fires on your stitched

Wazzu: I really like your crew. I feel every executioner should have a treasure trail

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Still, kill the stitched and the main firepower of the crew is gone. Against a crew like Dreamer who are great at picking off models its quite the achilles heel. But I am far more used to 35SS games, so maybe im overestimating how quickly they could be taken down?

As for Daydreams, I always felt they should be bright and colourful and chompy should be the grimdark one. Bonus if you make him the same colours as the Daydreams but drag and dark versions of them.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, some avatars I just don't understand how they are better than their normal counterparts. Chompy and Colette come to mind for masters I play.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

aMarcus is goofy as gently caress

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Guardians are very good additions for Hoffman, steal that armor! Also if you want to play a game sometime, let me know

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I was thinking of getting some base huggers for status effects. Aside from slow and paralyzed, what else should i be getting?

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

In a two-part response, I have these:

So I don't need burning/blight huggers, and those are some drat fine counters for corpse, scrap, etc.

I was thinking of making some generic [+] and [-] huggers just to remind me that SOMETHING is affecting the flip

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I feel like if effects carry over like that because youre buried and "out of play" effects like "i get my activation back because its a new turn" should also not happen if youre buried

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Always remember that if you're holding a 10 or higher in your hand, Bette is going to keep not dying, so she can actually stick around longer than Killjoy. Its one of my personal favourite heavy hitter for ressers.

Although the rogue necromancy is going to ignore Shill's anti-undead bonuses, I think Bette's high def and double neg twist on ranged attacks against her is going to work out better.

Have you considered Dead Rider? Run out, then drag back a model for everyone else to beat on.

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Ramos is ever the grumpy old man

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I have Showgirls, Belles, Waifs and realized I have a problem with painting pretty dresses.

I used to paint space mans, what happened

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Really like those daydreams, its what Im going to be shooting for when I get around to painting mine: Bright happy colours to contrast grungy nightmare colours on everything else

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Yeah, most masters can be pretty effective, even in games where the goal isnt very well suited to them, they can usually take schemes that will level the playing field to their play style.

The most common mistake for new players is not playing with schemes OR strategies and just having a brawl. Game isnt balanced at all that way

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Combine slutty nurses with models like Sue and anything else with ShrugOff.

Ok, so Sue gets reactivate and will die at the end of the turn. On Sue's reactivation he shrugs off the drugs because hes motherfuckingjohnnycash.

Combine with Zorraida and a voodoo doll to get... 6AP a turn. Can get pretty irritating, but just sing Cash lyrics to your opponent and it will all turn out great

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Bah, I want cheap models. drat americans and your sales on whatever

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

So I love Zoraida but hate the avatar model. Rules wise its amazing, but I dislike the crone from the maiden, the mother and the crone being turned into a cheesecake model. So after a bit of searching I grabbed a Nibaba from the Smog line and sat some of Z's voodoo dolls on its fungus shelves:

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Daaaaamn tuco

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

May Releases from TheWarStore:

Pale Rider
Alt McMourning
Similacrum 29
Union Miner x3
Arcane Effigy
Mysterious Effigy
Hodgepodge Effigy
Avattar Leviticus
Iggy

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Don't worry Eyespy, we know all the pictures of showgirls on your desktop are just for "research"

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I think that's a really neat idea. I think it might work especially well in a pyrotechnics crew of Colette and Kaeris, slinging exploding doves everywhere and dropping killjoy right through the flames. At least its a cool mental image for me.

Colette
Kaeris 8
Cassandra 9
Killjoy 12
Performer 6
Mannequin 0

Cassandra moves up 18 inches (push at start+another 15 available), have a linked mannequin smack Colette so she switches with Cass, summon a dove 6 inches away, dove uses its action to Killjoy, dumping him a good 24 inches from deployment zone... drat I think I need me one of those now

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

They work hard, they PLAY hard

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

You stole my conversion idea

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Is there a point to the hodgepodge effigy? It seems pretty bad from where Im sitting

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I think that they add a lot to a collodi crew and I can find situations where each has a use but joker manipulation just seems.... extra meh

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Grabbed a Mister Honk from SMOG to be used as a Killjoy for my showgirls. Way more classy, but still got that gorilla strength and gorilla eat-your-face

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Zorraida is one of the most versatile masters. You can run just about any list with her, so long as there's a beatstick to obey. Or an objective runner to obey. Obey is awesome.

And regarding Mr Honk; yes he is huge, but from my math and scaling abilities that lamp post works out being around the same size as a malifaux one. Also if the giant fuckoff gorilla is a bit big, Im not gonna complain. I use a Nibaba for my Avatar Zoraida (the crone becoming cheesecake didnt sit well with me)

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Nightmare chompy bits is as far beyond chompy bits as he is beyond you

Seriously its a gorgeous if exceedingly heavy model... seriously worried about bending my terraclips

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

No hanging out on the terrace is what i meant

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

Now try magnetizing them :|

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterShine
Feb 21, 2006

I hear a lot about steamborg executioners being a trial in gluing yourself to yourself and it