Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Splizwarf posted:

Ferg (the lead dev) says both issues and more are fixed in the upcoming version.

Yeah next version fixes a ton of regressions and adds PM support.

Lowen SoDium posted:

It does a great job of formatting the forums to be easier to read on your phone. I think it has some tablet support too.

Yeah, it's fully optimized for tablets and Ice Cream Sandwich, and will soon (post-2.1 release) be optimized for Google TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

landis posted:

I'm a big fan of Evernote. It's cloud-based which means your stuff is backed up and you can access it all from the web; and it's cross-platform so it has clients for most everything. It has plugins for browsers for clipping web pages and images and the desktop clients can take screenshots and clip from other applications (on Windows at least, dunno about OSX, and depending on the application). The Android client is increasingly robust and allows for things like bulleted lists and adding location metadata.

For a sketching app, how about Skitch?. I haven't used it personally but it's supposed to be friendly with Evernote (especially since Evernote bought them).

Catch is also pretty good, and the Android app is phenomenal. I use both personally, Evernote for anything that is detailed and Catch is more for brain farts or something that deserves a Post-It note.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the three Google TV owners here could keep the GTV thread alive so I'll just post this here:

I pushed out a public beta of Awful last night that includes full Google TV support because I love supporting platforms that nobody uses. I'd appreciate it if anybody with a Google TV can test it. I have a Revue at home, it works well on there aside from a few UI quirks I'm working out. It's my understanding that the Sony Google TV's have a really weird controller that might make the app harder to use though.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/211105/AwfulBeta.apk

BONUS: This is also the phone/tablet APK so if anybody wants to test the upcoming v2.2 go to town. I'm really looking for Google TV owners though.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Glimm posted:

Enable side loading in Settings > Applications > Check 'Unknown sources'

Then visit the Dropbox link in Chrome, once it is finished downloading just select the download and hit 'install'.

This is my deploy process :hfive:

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I just installed the beta on my GN and will try it on my CM9 TouchPad later. Is there a changelog over the market version?

Major refactor to the backend that makes it a bit snappier, but far more stable, Google TV support (obviously), thread tags are shown in the thread list, message drafts are saved if you prematurely leave the post composition activity, some other poo poo that I can't remember.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

lelandjs posted:

Sony Google TV with Blu-Ray sucker owner here. There's some bugs; most notably posts don't appear to load.

Some folks have been reporting this across devices and I can't reproduce it at all. Try clearing the apps data and logging in again maybe?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

letsgoflyers81 posted:

I had this problem with the TouchPad but not Nexus. Clearing app data seems to have fixed it. One complaint I have for both devices is an annoying black and white flicker of the screen just before threads load on both devices.

Yeah there's an extra query happening I'm going to fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Thermopyle posted:

I think it's a pretty decent solution for the fact that people still forget the fact that they should try pressing the menu button when they don't know what to do or can't find something.

It's fairly easy to implement. I'll throw it in the next version of woofi...

It's pretty much no effort at all to implement if your app is using the native actionbar. The menu button and this are the same thing (as is the actionbar).

• Locked thread